New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Need help tsikoteers
    just installed my 55w 4300k
    How true that i cannot use my hid as flasher when turned off? Need inputs on hid users. TIA ;)

you have this on your stock halogen headlights?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rap2_tan View Post
    Need help tsikoteers
    just installed my 55w 4300k
    How true that i cannot use my hid as flasher when turned off? Need inputs on hid users. TIA ;)

I think the reason HIDs cannot be used a flasher is because the system needs time to "warm-up" to operating brightness.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Sir gary, yes dont yet have the budget on projectors ;)
    Masisira ba hid if i use it as flasher?
    im also wondering during warm up the left hid is whiter than the right side
    After warm up nagpapantay naman sila... Is this normal?
    Mga sirs any tips, do's and dont's sa hid? TIA ;)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ikaw yung nagtanong dati about plug-and-play HID kits 'no?

You were informed by several forumers about how plug-and-play HID kits can be blinding to oncoming motorists, even when simply used as low-beam lights. This is regardless of what the color temperature of the HID. Mapa-4300K, 6000K, o 8000K yan, kung mumurahing HID yan na sinalpak lang sa housing ng halogen reflector headlamps, nakakaperwisyo yan sa oncoming motorists.

Nasa 1,200 lang ang Osram Nightbreaker. Mas malawak pa yung illuminated area with those bulbs than your HID. Maliwanag nga yang sayo, sabog naman.

I think the reason HIDs cannot be used a flasher is because the system needs time to "warm-up" to operating brightness.
    I've read about this too. I have to ask though, what about bi-xenon headlamps where both the low and high beam bulbs are HID?

Quote Originally Posted by rap2_tan View Post
    Sir gary, yes dont yet have the budget on projectors ;)
    Masisira ba hid if i use it as flasher?
    im also wondering during warm up the left hid is whiter than the right side
    After warm up nagpapantay naman sila... Is this normal?
    Mga sirs any tips, do's and dont's sa hid? TIA ;)
    Bro I am not asking for you to get a retrofit ok? I know people need better lighting perfomance for their cars and that is normal but we have to consider how our upgrades can affect other motorists. Using pnp hid kits on stock halogen hl will cause so much glare to other motorists much more if you are running on 50w. Caveat din, this might ruin your chrome reflectors. I hope you consider these points.

To comment on your questions:

yes mas madali masira pag lagi fina-flash, especially cheap kits
    cheap bulbs usually dont match in color.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Buti pa dito sa tsikot panay ang paalala sa perwisyo ng hid na walang projector. Sa iba kasi ang payo pa wag lagyan ng projector kasi nababawasan daw liwanag.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Alam ko rin kung saan yan... :lol:

--

Sa Tsikot kasi, if you can't avail of good projectors but in need of improved lighting, there's the plug and play halogen bulbs. Osram Nightbreakers, Wuerth, Philips XV/XP

Pero kung gusto mo talaga mag-HID, dun ka na sa projectors talaga. It may not be of gary's, basta projectors para clear cut off.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    O kaya kung makakahanap ka ng OEM reflector housing na designed for HID. Tipong naka-Altis 1.6G ka tapos palitan mo ng housing ng 2.0V para pwede ka maglagay ng D2S HID kahit hindi ka naka-projector. Pwede rin 'to with the 1.8 FD Civics upgrading to 2.0S headlamps.

Ewan ko lang kung magkano yung ganyan, baka mas mahal pa kaysa kay sir gary haha.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Madami kase masyadong bihasa dun sa kabila kaya nakakatamad na dun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hid newbie