New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    can someone explain to me what TPL is? I jus bought a new car and it comes with free 3yrs LTO, buh I have to pay TPL P1800 daw.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    TPL = third party liability. Useful if you got into an accident where you hit a person. So for example, may nabangga ka tao tapos pinaospital mo at ikaw nagbayad. You can use the TPL claim to reimburse yung expenses mo pa-gamot dun sa tao. Say TPL coverage mo is 50K tapos ang nagastos mo sa pagamot dun sa tao is 15K so 15K lang ma-reimburse mo, hindi mo makuha buo 50K.

Common misconception is that TPL can be used for non-life claims e.g. nakabangga ka sasakyan tapos nasira yung bumper.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    so that's what it is! that means it may be under the insurance coverage right?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    kung comprehensive ang insurance cover mo, yes - inclusive na TPL coverage.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Does it mean po ba when you have paid for the Comprehensive Insurance, hindi ka na dapat singilin pa ng dealer ng TPL?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger0123 View Post
    Does it mean po ba when you have paid for the Comprehensive Insurance, hindi ka na dapat singilin pa ng dealer ng TPL?

It depends, whether the premium you paid for includes the tpl or not. You should check your insurance policy on what your coverage inclusions are.

When I got my policy kasi my TPL is in a separate folder from the OD/Theft, etc. although they came from the same insurance company. The computation for the premiums are separate.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    most comprehensive insurances include third party liability claims in their insurance package. Usually kasi comprehensive insurances covers most kinds of liabilities but provides exceptions to the policy like acts of god, theft, etc. but to make sure, just ask your insurance whether a third party claim is already included in your insurance policy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Ah ganun po ba??

For the TPL and Comprehensive Insurance, is this charged by the bank or the dealer? and are we liable to pay this upfront and in full?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    CTPL

compulsory po ito ng government to get an insurance for the purpose of protecting the third party.

COMPREHENSIVE

consists of own damage/theft + VOLUNTARY tpl ( be it BI - Bodily Injury and PD - property damage). the name itself speaks - BI & PD. In lieu of the CTPL, kung kulang pa ang damage/claim, the comprehensive
    coverage will take care the rest. comprehensive also covers acts of god (flood, lightning, earthquake) for additional cost aside from what i have mentioned above.

The BANK requires to have your car enrolled in COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE as this is also your (mutual) protection against bad elements (carnappers, property damage). Dito kumikita ang dealership sa insurance kasi they can get as high as 25% doon sa OD/TH & BI/PD coverage mo . Some banks (tied up with insurance companies) requires you to pay upfront or payable in x no of months. Most insurance companies now offers installment. Galingan mo na lang makipagbolahan kung pwedeng 12 months to pay hahahaha!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Wow! Didn't know theres so much going on with TPL :faint: Nosebleed!

But thank you mga Bro sa mga sagot niyo.
    - Sir nicolodeon
    - Sir maf
    - Sir keelerako
    - Sir heuer77

and Sir supercar10 for starting the thread! hehehehehe

More power to us all!

Rock on! :rockon:

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast