New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Well we made sure to complete all the necessary documentation
    accident statement form, and certification from
    the Brgy. Captain that indeed there was flooding.

Remember first in first out, in all claims.

As for AOG claims resolution re: flooding - water up to dashboard level, total loss na agad.
    Ganito rin sa company namin. Anyway, im an in-house insurance adjuster handling motorcar claims including flood losses.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hindi rin lahat nang insurance ganon.. meron nga hanggang bubong na.. insurance still wanted to repair.. depende sa nasirang parts at kung magkano aabutin..
    Alis ka doon or huwag ka doon. Sakit lang ng ulo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    kaya mas maganda sa mga broker ka kumuha. they will help you with the claim. sa company namin may accredited insurance broker, naka tie-up din sila sa cooperative so pwede up to 12 months to pay. claiming is very easy. for own damage , just submit pictures of damage , incident report and repair estimate. LOA only takes 2 days. then you can bring it to CASA of your choice. sa total loss naman, kailangan talaga ma-reach a certain limit. dito papasok yung galing mo makipagusap sa SA mo. sa case ng officemate ko , he made sure that the repair cost eh sobra sa limit. halos lahat ng engine parts pinalagay sa estimate. total insured amount was given to him.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    my car (2011 model)toyota vios 1.3 E a/t was submerged 3 days last August during flood caused by habagat. twas declared total loss. my aog and total damage insured amount in my policy are both 648k. ang nakakainis, i got a letter from my insurance recently and stated there an amount of 520k as the insurance liability. P 522k FMV daw basis tapos may deductible na 2,000...so ang babayran nila is 520K. i didn't sign yet because i wrote a letter asking san nanggaling ung value na nilagay nila don eh ang naka state sa policy 648k, i believe they shld give that amt to me bec un ang nasa policy. payag na siguro ako kung bawasan nila ung 648k pero wag naman ganun ka barat and below 600k. i called the insurance office today to follow up the status, they got my letter daw at nirereconsider daw ung request ko..i hope maayos na nila un bfore my policy expires oct 19, 2012. ndi naman ako rude mag follow up kse nakikiusap pa ngayon ako tuloy pero sana naman ung mga insurance should stick to what they state in the policy they offer.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kix808 View Post
    my car (2011 model)toyota vios 1.3 E a/t was submerged 3 days last August during flood caused by habagat. twas declared total loss. my aog and total damage insured amount in my policy are both 648k. ang nakakainis, i got a letter from my insurance recently and stated there an amount of 520k as the insurance liability. P 522k FMV daw basis tapos may deductible na 2,000...so ang babayran nila is 520K. i didn't sign yet because i wrote a letter asking san nanggaling ung value na nilagay nila don eh ang naka state sa policy 648k, i believe they shld give that amt to me bec un ang nasa policy. payag na siguro ako kung bawasan nila ung 648k pero wag naman ganun ka barat and below 600k. i called the insurance office today to follow up the status, they got my letter daw at nirereconsider daw ung request ko..i hope maayos na nila un bfore my policy expires oct 19, 2012. ndi naman ako rude mag follow up kse nakikiusap pa ngayon ako tuloy pero sana naman ung mga insurance should stick to what they state in the policy they offer.
    yan nakakainis sa insurance.. nung nag aalok pa lang sila.. ang dami mo benefits at ang laki ng coverage... pero pag mag claim ka na... tutuwaran ka ng mga yan.. sarap sapokin eh

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    yan nakakainis sa insurance.. nung nag aalok pa lang sila.. ang dami mo benefits at ang laki ng coverage... pero pag mag claim ka na... tutuwaran ka ng mga yan.. sarap sapokin eh
    Hindi naman lahat yun. Meron mga professional and licensed insurance agent na dedicated sa kanilang profession at hindi basta maka-commission lang.

The amount insured indicated on the policy is not the amount that the insurance company should pay. It IS the MAXIMUM amount that the insurer is liable subject to its fair market value. nakasulat sa policy yun. It is a fair provision. If the car is worth 600k and you insure it for 800k, do you really expect to get 800K? If the law is like that, then everybody will overinsure their cars and they can just pretend to have it carnapped. Kikita pa sila. You should ALWAYS ALWAYS have an agent to consult with and discuss with regarding these matters. Please check i have PM some advice for you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by derf8666 View Post
    The amount insured indicated on the policy is not the amount that the insurance company should pay. It IS the MAXIMUM amount that the insurer is liable subject to its fair market value. nakasulat sa policy yun. It is a fair provision. If the car is worth 600k and you insure it for 800k, do you really expect to get 800K? If the law is like that, then everybody will overinsure their cars and they can just pretend to have it carnapped. Kikita pa sila. You should ALWAYS ALWAYS have an agent to consult with and discuss with regarding these matters. Please check i have PM some advice for you.
    I agree here. If your Vios is a 2011 model insured for 648K last year, definitely there's already depreciation with regard to the market value of the vehicle as 648K is nearly the brand new price of the car. Nevertheless, it's fine to write to seek clarification and await their reply or reconsideration... no harm with that.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    20% depreciation yata per year, which is the approx value na 522 divide by 648

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by taurusX View Post
    Ganito rin sa company namin. Anyway, im an in-house insurance adjuster handling motorcar claims including flood losses.
    22 days from client conforme check pay out na.

Settled na.

Kamusta dyan? Nalulunod ka na ba sa report? Ngayon pa lang dumadagsa
    mga claim galing provinces.
    Last edited by mark_t; September 19th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012

need advice too different case sa akin mga pare accident naman last oct 2012 total loss din assess ng pipols gen same policy 648k ang full coverage but upto now still waiting for the conformity letter and their offer.imagine oct pa ngyari upto now wala pa ngyayari .sa tingin nyo till wat price dapat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Total Loss Declaration on Flooded Cars