New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi guys, i would like to ask lang this question since may friends family is at lost, they dont know what to do with their car loan, hindi pa kasi tapos bayaran ang loan from the bank, his father died of natural death, they still have 3 years to pay. The bank sent them a letter, about the renewal of their car insurance. Should they pay the renewal and continue the monthly payments or should they inform the bank about the situation. They are capable of paying the monthly mortgage but afraid that the bank might pull the car, and if the bank asked for a co owner requirements, they may not be able to give the necessary documents. Please share your insights, expertise and experiences with this situation.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0901 View Post
    Hi guys, i would like to ask lang this question since may friends family is at lost, they dont know what to do with their car loan, hindi pa kasi tapos bayaran ang loan from the bank, his father died of natural death, they still have 3 years to pay. The bank sent them a letter, about the renewal of their car insurance. Should they pay the renewal and continue the monthly payments or should they inform the bank about the situation. They are capable of paying the monthly mortgage but afraid that the bank might pull the car, and if the bank asked for a co owner requirements, they may not be able to give the necessary documents. Please share your insights, expertise and experiences with this situation.
    I suggest they inform the bank. Who knows, maybe may loan protection guarantee insurance. In case the person dies, loan will be fully paid, just like card protection insurance.

If capable naman to continue the payments, maybe the surviving spouse or one of the kid can continue the loan. Mahirap din na after fully paid yung car and nag request na yung original C.R., eh hindi ma release kasi deads na yung nag loan. Mas mahaba pa explaination.
    Last edited by av8or5; January 9th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mas maganda na advise na lang yung bank na patay na yung original borrower, dito siguro papasok yung co-borrower.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As the vehicle is an asset of the deceased, this goes to his estate or heirs.

Inform the Bank and discuss with the Account Officer the options. They'll be lucky if there is mortgage redemption insurance on the car since the death of the principal will mean, the car is automatically paid up.

When my dad died, he had one car under loan and unfortunately it had no MRI, We just decided to continue payment and my siblings and i will just work on the transfer upon full payment of the loan.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. They went to the bank this morning to inform them and they were asked to wait for a call from their consumer lending to discuss the options. We'll update you guys when the bank calls them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0901 View Post
    The car becomes part of the estate, so technically next in line (wife) decides.

Usually mayroon naman MRI yan na hindi declared sa borrower.
    The policy owner is the Bank.

Of course you renew your car insurance, make sure your liability cover is atleast 500,000.
    And your participation 2000 to 3000 only.
    Last edited by mark_t; January 21st, 2011 at 10:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ^ sir ano yung MRI?

ganito din nangyari samin nung nawala father ko. may remaining 3yrs pa sa loan.

advise ng kakilala namin sa bank ituloy na lang ang monthly para wala nang mga ek ek. at ako naman ang co-maker..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    bro mark, kung auto loan, walang mri. hahabulin na lang ng banko ang mga comaker.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mortgage redemption insurance - that in the event na madedo ang borrower, bayad thru insurance ang utang

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    mortgage redemption insurance - that in the event na madedo ang borrower, bayad thru insurance ang utang
    tnx sir!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Owner died Natural death leaving unfinished car loan