New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Any details about this, like interest rates and other attractive offers?

Surely this would be welcome by wannabe car buyers.

Would this promo have some substantial or just cosmetic advertisement?

Metrobank boosts loan activities
    By Doris Dumlao
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 00:24:00 06/30/2009

MANILA, Philippines—Local banking giant Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co. seeks to boost its consumer lending portfolio with a quarter-long car sale program that offers affordable and customized loan packages for new car buyers.
    Metrobank yesterday announced the return of its “MetroCar Great Rates Sale” which will run from July 3 to Sept. 30.
    It will be launched on July 3 at the Power Plant Mall in Rockwell, Makati City.
    “From a successful turnout of the first sale two years ago, this is very timely given the low interest rates scenario and the new car models that just came out; the desire for people to buy a car is just there,” said Wennie Oliveros, head of Metrobank’s consumer lending group.
    Under the MetroCar program, financing for as much as 80 percent of net selling price of a vehicle is offered alongside different packages to meet specific needs.
    “MetroCar addresses concerns on affordability and flexibility. Our rates are very competitive, and borrowers have the option to choose repayment terms anywhere from 12 months to 60 months,” Oliveros added.
    Participating car dealers include Honda Makati, Hyundai Global City, Isuzu Inteco Quezon Ave., Mitsubishi Citimotors, Nissan UN Ave., Motor Image Pilipinas (Subaru), Lexus Manila Inc., Toyota Cubao Inc. and Toyota Manila Bay.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    financing is 80%, so it means, you have to shell out 20%... imho, other banks can go as low as 15% DP.

with regards to the interest rates, tingin ko pare pareho lang yan... commercial rates eh. kung may difference yan, baka slight difference lang.

tingin ko advertising hype lang yan. shop around for the best rates possible.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    Any details about this, like interest rates and other attractive offers?

Surely this would be welcome by wannabe car buyers.

Would this promo have some substantial or just cosmetic advertisement?

Metrobank boosts loan activities
    By Doris Dumlao
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 00:24:00 06/30/2009

MANILA, Philippines—Local banking giant Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co. seeks to boost its consumer lending portfolio with a quarter-long car sale program that offers affordable and customized loan packages for new car buyers.
    Metrobank yesterday announced the return of its “MetroCar Great Rates Sale” which will run from July 3 to Sept. 30.
    It will be launched on July 3 at the Power Plant Mall in Rockwell, Makati City.
    “From a successful turnout of the first sale two years ago, this is very timely given the low interest rates scenario and the new car models that just came out; the desire for people to buy a car is just there,” said Wennie Oliveros, head of Metrobank’s consumer lending group.
    Under the MetroCar program, financing for as much as 80 percent of net selling price of a vehicle is offered alongside different packages to meet specific needs.
    “MetroCar addresses concerns on affordability and flexibility. Our rates are very competitive, and borrowers have the option to choose repayment terms anywhere from 12 months to 60 months,” Oliveros added.
    Participating car dealers include Honda Makati, Hyundai Global City, Isuzu Inteco Quezon Ave., Mitsubishi Citimotors, Nissan UN Ave., Motor Image Pilipinas (Subaru), Lexus Manila Inc., Toyota Cubao Inc. and Toyota Manila Bay.
    Last time I checked, lowest rate by MBTC was less than 6% p.a. for 5 year terms. It gets higher the shorter the loan term.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    i got my mitsubishi lancer glx through metrobank.
    im really happy.

i got a 3 year loan (one month advance)

total interest rate 15.8% for 3 years.

chattel mortgage is ridiculously low compared to the bloated chattel quoted by casa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I just checked with my local Metrobank, the rate is 4.33% p.a. for 1 year term, and it gets lower if you get it for more than 1 year up to 5 years. This is definitely a good rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I just checked with my local Metrobank, the rate is 4.33% p.a. for 1 year term, and it gets lower if you get it for more than 1 year up to 5 years. This is definitely a good rate.
    ang alam ko po tataas ung rate if you'll pay it for a longer time

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    yeah guys... this one's real. I visited their booth at Powerplant mall
    and I was able to get a good deal from them.
    I don't know if they still have their booth there,
    pero you can check their branches naman, marami namang metrobank dyan eh. or check niyo tong site nilang to:
    www.metrocargreatratessale.com
    Goodluck sa inyo... I'm getting a Nissan Navarra!!! woohooo!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by innoBOB[09JmtG] View Post
    ang alam ko po tataas ung rate if you'll pay it for a longer time
    Yup, mali pala ako. Over eager naman kasi itong branch manager ko, malabong magexplain haha. Eto yung rates per annum:

12mos 5.05%
    18mos 7.60%
    24mos 11.02%
    36mos 16.90%
    48mos 22.96%
    60mos 29.61%

So ang best deal talaga yung 1 year term.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    So ang best deal talaga yung 1 year term.
    kasi mahirap naman magfork out ng that much in a year.. unless mayaman ka talaga or 6figures na salary mo.

say, yung kukunin ni CoolTruckDude na Navarra, kung 1.1M base price nito, kahit 50% down, 48K a month pa ren kailangan mong i-produce. mabigat..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, yun din nga sabi ko kay Ms Metrobank Manager. Parang baligtad, it makes more sense to lower the interest rate for longer loan terms because you are effectively booking more income for the bank. Naisip ko din lang baka historically, masama ang paying habits ng majority ng mga kumukuha ng long term loans. Ayaw din kasi ng bank magremata, lalo na pag sasakyan. Mahirap kasi maliquidate, nagdedepreciate pa.

Sa US may 0% for 3 yar car loan sila, meron pa nga yatang negative (in the form of rebates/discounts), hehe. Pero most of the time big 3 vehicles yung mga naka sale. Pero yung mga Toyota rin daw nagbababa na nga prices. Sana dito rin, di ko alam bakit nagtataas pa sila hehe

Pero not much difference yung mga rates ha. Lumalabas
    12mos 5.05%
    18mos 5.07%
    24mos 5.51%
    36mos 5.63%
    48mos 5.74%
    60mos 5.92%
    per annum. I apologize, typo yung post ko sa taas na nilagay ko per annum. For the whole term period yun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Metrobank car loan promo