New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hi Guys,

Who from you has MAPFRE as their insurance provider? Got mine from BDO broker, as agreed between us(me, BDO and MAPFRE) during the haggle period my deductible would be 2K(fixed) for a 1.2++ millinon car. When I got my policy the deductible written in the policy is 12K++, I immediately call the attention of BDO manager to correct my deductible in the policy. She coordinated my concern with MAPFRE and she told that as per MAPFRE it's just in the policy, the 2K deductible will be followed once i have claims.

Does anyone from you has the same scenario as mine?

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    React lan po:

black-in-white yan 12K, ung sinasabi na 2K deductible palagay mo din sa black-in-white.

Pero sa renewal mo ng insurance pa-clarify mo ung deductible.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ask for a certificate that states your deductible is XXX amount.

My current insurance with MAPFRE states that my deductible is 10k but I asked for a certification that my participation is only 3k, when I made a claim, I had to present the certification, otherwise, what's stated in your policy will be the amount you have to pay.

Do not believe what other people say, ask for a document. It will make your life easy.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thanks for your response guys. I will request for a certification regarding my deductible to state what was agreed during our haggle. I will update you guys for any progress.

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi Sir, Yes you should ask po for the Certificate stating the deductible of P 2k. Sa policy po kasi dapat yung original na deductible po yung nakalagay which is yung 12K, para po walang hassle kapag nagaudit yung Insurance Commission sa company. And if nagka-claim po kayo, you have to present that certificate para po 2k lang ang babayaran ninyong participation/deductible.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nhiecah_nice29 View Post
    Hi Sir, Yes you should ask po for the Certificate stating the deductible of P 2k. Sa policy po kasi dapat yung original na deductible po yung nakalagay which is yung 12K, para po walang hassle kapag nagaudit yung Insurance Commission sa company. And if nagka-claim po kayo, you have to present that certificate para po 2k lang ang babayaran ninyong participation/deductible.
    Noted and thanks Ms. Mapfre

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thank you Sir. Good deal po yung binigay na deductible sa inyo ng BDO. Super baba. But they dont have the benefits and features.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nhiecah_nice29 View Post
    But they dont have the benefits and features.
    Sorry Ms. Nhiecah, what do you mean above?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    May I also know the definition of "DRUNKEN DRIVER's CLAUSE"? It is not written in the policy manual.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    benefits like waiver of participation/deductible, fire insurance, security glass etching etc.

"drunken driver clause" - Insured will not be indemnified if the loss or accident was incurred due to drunk driving or if the authorized driver was under the influence of alcohol during the accident or at the time of loss.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast