New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 104 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    this is for real estate.. for cars.. it's fixed.. if they give you the interest rate.. that will be the interest rate for the duration of the loan..

the 24.86% is the entire rate for 5 years.. so it's 4.97% per year...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    You need to use a loan calculator. The interest amount is based on the principal which declines over time as you pay off your loan. Each monthly payment is allocated between interest and principal. The interest amount is not static because it is always based on the principal amount which is declining every time you make a monthly payment. Also, the 24.86% is an annual rate and not a one time rate.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    this is for real estate.. for cars.. it's fixed.. if they give you the interest rate.. that will be the interest rate for the duration of the loan..

the 24.86% is the entire rate for 5 years.. so it's 4.97% per year...
    This is what I know as well. Annual rate is for real estate.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chrolli View Post
    yup your (and _Qwerty_'s) computation is correct. so roughly around 125,295 ang total interest niya for 5 yrs.

in my case, since Jazz 1.5V is 808k, my DP is 242,400 (30%) and monthly is 13982.10 for 48 months. mga 105,540 ang total interest na babayaran for 4 years. mejo malaki nga lang ang total cash out dahil walang free insurance and chattel. pero more or less sa mas mataas na interest na may free na ganung items parang na-spread out lang sya sa monthly installment.
    Free Insurance sa BPI, for 500K loan amount.

Dun sa ibang usapan:
    Add-on Rate po ang binibigay ng banks. And it's not a simple divide it by number of years to get the annual rate, kasi kung monthly payments po yan, every month nababawasan ang principal.

So for a Loan of 500K, 36 months, Add-on Rate of 15%, ang Effective Annual rate po nyan is around 9.3%. Hindi po 5%.

Just saying lang po...
    Last edited by slapz; September 18th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^Thanks for clarifying that the 24% is the total interest for 5 years. Based on that, both your computations are correct. The annual rate of interest is therefore around 8% for the car loan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Free Insurance sa BPI, for 500K loan amount.

Dun sa ibang usapan:
    Add-on Rate po ang binibigay ng banks. And it's not a simple divide it by number of years to get the annual rate, kasi kung monthly payments po yan, every month nababawasan ang principal. Just saying lang po.
    I agree.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    What's the general rule of thumb regarding monthly ammortization and net income again? Is it 30% or below of main + spouse/co-borrower?

Thanks
    Any takers? :D

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    Any takers? :D
    what i saw from a bpi advertisement inside the bank was, your total monthly ammortization(includes house not just car) should not exceed 30% of your net pay monthly. and i believe they are referring to your own pay alone without the spouse yet.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    by the way, if you have a savings acount in the bank large enough to pay for the car that you would like to purchase, there is something they call back-to-back making your savings as a collateral. the rates are much much lower than a regular auto loan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    by the way, if you have a savings acount in the bank large enough to pay for the car that you would like to purchase, there is something they call back-to-back making your savings as a collateral. the rates are much much lower than a regular auto loan.
    The funds in that account will be locked and you won't be able to use them for the duration of the loan.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Q: Just been approved for a P1.5M - 500k DP bank loan, what if I've change my mind and want to get a P1.7M vehicle with the same 500k DP - would I have to re-apply from scratch or can the bank provide a quick fix?

lowest auto loan rate