New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi guys good day. Got into an accident last Dec 12. I was able to file police report, OR/CR, affidavit of desistance, quote from casa for damage repairs and all other docs by Dec 23. Met with the adjuster on Jan 9. Hanggang ngayon, wala pa ring update sa claim ko.

Total cost for the repairs is roughly 350k. Plus nakipagsettle ako with the tricycle driver na nakabanggaan ko, 60k. Siya yung humingi ng lump sum amount in exchange for affidavit of desistance. Sila na daw bahala pagkasyahin yung 60k for their hospital bills and repair/replacement of their tricycle. Hinihingan ako ng adjuster ng resibo for the hospital and tricycle repair, eh nagamicable settlement na nga kami so wala na kong mapapakita.

Over 1 month na and di pa naoorder yung parts ng casa kasi wala pang approval from insurance. Pano ba 'to papabilisin?

Insurance is Malayan by the way.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the CASA has no working relations with the insurance company, matagal talaga. All the more since the damage seems big based on the estimate, they are likely reviewing and haggling on the parts and process cost.

In the case of our 2003 Altis before which t-boned a 124 Benz (disclaimer: no LSBs were harmed or maltreated in the process), it took over a month before work went full swing at Toyota Pasong Tamo that time; at the end the repair work wasn't great either. Have you called the insurance company up to find the status? In contrast, my 2007 Altis got into a bumper bender (scratched/lubog bumper plus scratched headlight) and when i brought it to the shop accredited by the insurance company a few hours after the accident, the car was immediately worked on after a few coordinating calls and without the LOA.

This is precisely why i prefer getting my insurance through a brokerage (in my case, Chinabank Insurance Brokers) as they personally assist and coordinates, with the insurer for us. It was worth its weight in gold when the Ondoy Edition Vios of my in-laws was brought in for AOG repairs; even a year after the repairs were done and there were still some small back jobs such as replacing the door lock solenoids with OEM ones (insurance was already renewed that time) they were still able to fix things.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I can't say we're in the same situation since mine was declared total loss. Got into accident last Nov. 2, 2013. By Nov. 15, it was declared total loss since the cost for repair was estimated to be 450k. I did not agree to the initial FMV though. After a week, November 22, I got an updated FMV. I agreed with the amount. I was thinking that the process was fast. But I was dead wrong as the status is still the same until now. The status is still 'for scheduling'. It's been 2 months now since agreeing with the updated FMV. Take note, araw araw pa yung follow up sa lagay na yan. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hi guys good day. Got into an accident last Dec 12. I was able to file police report, OR/CR, affidavit of desistance, quote from casa for damage repairs and all other docs by Dec 23. Met with the adjuster on Jan 9. Hanggang ngayon, wala pa ring update sa claim ko.

Total cost for the repairs is roughly 350k. Plus nakipagsettle ako with the tricycle driver na nakabanggaan ko, 60k. Siya yung humingi ng lump sum amount in exchange for affidavit of desistance. Sila na daw bahala pagkasyahin yung 60k for their hospital bills and repair/replacement of their tricycle. Hinihingan ako ng adjuster ng resibo for the hospital and tricycle repair, eh nagamicable settlement na nga kami so wala na kong mapapakita.

Over 1 month na and di pa naoorder yung parts ng casa kasi wala pang approval from insurance. Pano ba 'to papabilisin?

Insurance is Malayan by the way.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Follow up directly sa insurance mo, ask when it is possible na lumabas ang LOA.

Then, follow up lang every week but make sure it is the right person to talk with.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    From experience LOA to repair gets done within 4days. It helps if the repair facility has history
    with the insurer and when you have a lot of photos of the incident. Repairs starts right away
    if there is pending business with the repair shop.

For Total Loss, 3 weeks for the check to be released.

Napansin ko lang mas mabilis ang claim pag sanay na sa claim ang insured.
    Pag new car owner or first accident
    medyo mahirap i process kasi gusto mag start na repair kahit walang documents.
    As long as 3months hangang walang na submit.
    Pag masunurin naman ang insured na pag sinabi mo na i file na ang claim,
    15 minutes tapos na ang process ng notice ng claim.

Pero yan Total Loss ang pinakamaganda na claim for a servicing agent, kasi it is a opportunity. Dapat mabilis para makabili na ng bago.

But of course I avoid some insurers.
    Last edited by mark_t; January 19th, 2014 at 08:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by peejay_07 View Post
    I can't say we're in the same situation since mine was declared total loss. Got into accident last Nov. 2, 2013. By Nov. 15, it was declared total loss since the cost for repair was estimated to be 450k. I did not agree to the initial FMV though. After a week, November 22, I got an updated FMV. I agreed with the amount. I was thinking that the process was fast. But I was dead wrong as the status is still the same until now. The status is still 'for scheduling'. It's been 2 months now since agreeing with the updated FMV. Take note, araw araw pa yung follow up sa lagay na yan. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What insurance company is this?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    It's People's General.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    What insurance company is this?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pag total loss claim matagal talaga..

usual repairs, LOA releasing, kaya nang 2 days yan kung matyaga ka mag follow up for signatures.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    pag total loss claim matagal talaga..

usual repairs, LOA releasing, kaya nang 2 days yan kung matyaga ka mag follow up for signatures.
    When you get car insurance, or any insurance. You should be concerned with only 1 thing TOTAL LOSS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How Long Does It Take To Claim Insurance?