New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Shell to launch new fuel product in the Philippines

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/shell...he-philippines

Sepang, Malaysia--Oil giant Shell is firming up plans to bring FuelSave, its newest product designed to help consumers and their vehicles be more fuel efficient, to the Philippine market.

FuelSave contains an additive that allows a motorist to save up to one liter of fuel for every full tank, said Shell vice president for Retail East Cesar Romero (in photo). This claim is based on studies made by Shell and by independent laboratories.

FuelSave was launched in the global market last year. In Asia, it is currently available only in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.

"There are roll-out plans in the rest of the countries in Asia," Romero told reporters covering the ongoing Shell Eco-marathon Asia. "It's coming very soon to the Philippines."

FuelSave's efficiency potential comes from the advance additive called the "efficiency improver molecule," Shell fuel technology manager Eric Holthusen said.

"It is formulated to act as a surface coating to support smoother gliding (in the engine)," Holthusen said. "Less friction means less energy loss."

FuelSave is also designed to keep engines clean.

Despite potential savings consumers are likely going to get by using FuelSave, Romero assured he product will be affordable to Filipino consumers.

"The pricing policy is that it should not be more expensive than the main grade fuel," he said.
    Whatcha guys think?

Sounds like "marketing term" to me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds like a marketing gimmick than anything else.

"Surface coating to provide smoother gliding'?? What happens when it coats the surface of the fuel injector or other surfaces?

Fuel companies are trying to make people think their increasingly expensive fuel is better than before.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Just like Caltex. I've read somewhere (Yahoo News I think) that all fuel today contain Techron, yet they just used it as a marketing term.

Yung title ata ng article na yun, "Secrets your gas boy doesn't tell you".

Oh well, marketing. Marami na namang mauuto.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wa-effect naman talaga ang techron haha!

Hindi ako bias sa Shell..

Mukhang naka hanap sila ng bagong paraan para mag taas ng price

Itatanong ko sa dad ko bukas kung anong meron dito sa gimmik ng shell.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I never got good fuel mileage in Shell, be in Premium or Unleaded, on EFI or carb.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Whatever. Pero most of the time sa Shell ako nag papagas because of credit card rebates... As for mileage its also a bit better than Petron, never tried Caltex...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I hate filling up in shell dahil napakaraming SOP pa hehe.

1. off the engine (hassle kung may kasama ka)
    2. napakadaming tinatanong or ino-offer (windshield, oil, water, cash or card)
    3. I want to fill up with unleaded, pinipilit yung V-Power nila.

pero pagdating sa service, sa Shell ako palagi. (change oil and tuneup)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Off engine, I would do it even if they don't tell me... Safety reasons.

Hahaha V-Power, easily burns in traffic... What a waste!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Off engine, I would do it even if they don't tell me... Safety reasons.

Hahaha V-Power, easily burns in traffic... What a waste!
    but frankly, sa kanila pinakatumatagal ang fuel ko. yung SOP lang talaga nila yung dahilan kung bakit hindi ako nagpapa-gas palagi sa kanila lalo na kung nagmamadali.

about their services, parehas lang din naman sa ibang gasoline stations but as we know, Shell has one of the largest oil factory, malalaman niyo na rin kung ano ang investments and research nila sa mga oils nila that is why products nila ang gusto ko.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    I hate filling up in shell dahil napakaraming SOP pa hehe.

1. off the engine (hassle kung may kasama ka)
    2. napakadaming tinatanong or ino-offer (windshield, oil, water, cash or card)
    3. I want to fill up with unleaded, pinipilit yung V-Power nila.

pero pagdating sa service, sa Shell ako palagi. (change oil and tuneup)
    Hahaha! Canned kasi ang kanilang welcome address sa mga customers nila...

Minsan nga, natuwa akong sabihan iyong attendant na diesel ang aking sasakyan kaya hindi uubra ang kanilang V-Power....

BTT: Agree that is just a marketing stance...

10.4K:shazam:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Shell to launch new fuel product in the Philippines