New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Source: TGPh

Seaoil now carries Euro 4 gasoline, Euro 5 diesel fuels - Industry News

Seaoil, the Philippines' largest independent petroleum company, is now carrying Euro 4 and Euro 5 fuels, making it one of the few local oil companies that have adapted to the emission standard that is scheduled to be implemented by the country in 2016.

This was revealed by Seaoil Philippines president and chief executive Francis Glenn Yu at today's launch ceremony of the petroleum company's partnership with the STP brand of fuel additives.

"All our fuels are either Euro 4 or Euro 5," said Yu when asked if Seaoil carries Euro 2 fuels. "The Philippines is only Euro 2 because that's the minimum or base fuel quality required by our country."

We asked the petroleum company's marketing director, Art Cruz, what the Euro 4 and 5 products are, and we were told that Seaoil's gasoline products--Extreme 97, Extreme 5 and Extreme U--are now all of Euro 4 quality, while the company's Exceed diesel is Euro 5.

Let's hope more oil companies follow Unioil and Seaoil's lead in going all Euro 4 across all their products without having to be told by the government.
    Seaoil is quick to the draw in saying their additives are safe via a big banner on their website. From memory they used to sell Euro 4 stuff already some time ago, but reverted back to Euro 3? and now back to 4/5 again.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ang sabi daw yung exceed diesel ng seaoil ay euro3 complaint + STP additives = euro5 performance. Not sure kung mas ok yan kesa sa euro4 ng Unioil. :confused:

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Ang sabi daw yung exceed diesel ng seaoil ay euro3 complaint + STP additives = euro5 performance. Not sure kung mas ok yan kesa sa euro4 ng Unioil. :confused:

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2
    Di naman siguro. I don't think additives will lessen the sulfur content. Better for me at least may ibang options na. Ang layo ng nearest Unioil sa amin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If additives can make euro 5 fuels, sana nagbenta nalan ng additives sa market. I highly doubt its just as simple as mixing the stp additives. Marketing lang yan ng seaoil. Euro 3 pa din yan. When I inquired from them way back when they reverted back to eu3, their reply was that they add additives nga daw to make it euro 4. (I have a copy of their reply). Now this was almost a year ago. Bakit ngayon lang nila minamarket? Dahil ba they are losing an advantage to other real euro 4 importers? In short, I think nothing has changed the last time I inquired except for their current marketing plan.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I checked their website, specifically the diesel page and it says euro 5 performance. Why "performance?" Does it mean it complies with the euro 5 standard? Very suspicious..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's better to call them para malaman kung Euro 5 diesel nga o hindi. Still, better than the Big 3 IMO.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    I checked their website, specifically the diesel page and it says euro 5 performance. Why "performance?" Does it mean it complies with the euro 5 standard? Very suspicious..
    Euro 5 standard should mean lesser sulfur. The fact that they used the word performance instead of standard could be a marketing ploy to make people think it's actually Euro 5 standard.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    Imho sir euro3 diesel nila pero using additive they can claim euro5 performance. I think certificate of whatever na lang kailangan nila for euro5.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    Imho sir euro3 diesel nila pero using additive they can claim euro5 performance. I think certificate of whatever na lang kailangan nila for euro5.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    You cannot turn diesel from Euro 3 to Euro 5 just by using additives. It's in the refining process that makes it Euro 5.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Who is more foolish?

The fool or the one who buys from the fool?

Let us not be fooled and be foolish.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast