New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    While reading the newspaper this morning, i noticed that the congressional bicam conference approved this bill recently.

I am new to cars, so i dont know what would be the effect of this law to our motor vehicles.

Motor vehicle GURU's out there, please enlighten me (us?) on this.

TIA and More power

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marco624 View Post
    While reading the newspaper this morning, i noticed that the congressional bicam conference approved this bill recently.

I am new to cars, so i dont know what would be the effect of this law to our motor vehicles.

Motor vehicle GURU's out there, please enlighten me (us?) on this.

TIA and More power

If you are using gasoline... it would mean your future gasoline with be a blend of ethanol and gasoline. It would be between 5% to 10% blend of ethanol in gasoline which will be labeled E5 & E10 respectively. Generally your current engine will do fine on this.

Going beyond 10%, there is E20 & E85 which is 20% and 85% ethanol content. With 20% blend, there are observations of increased wear in engines. And to use E85, your engine will have to be designed to use this fuel.

One downside of using ethanol blended gasoline is the decrease in fuel milage as compared to regular gasoline.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It'll be just like when we switched to unleaded from leaded so many decades ago... manufacturers will have to modify engines to be able to withstand E85.

But with E5 and E10, there shouldn't be any problems.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    But with E5 and E10, there shouldn't be any problems.
    Hey Niky! I read somewhere (dito yata sa Tsikot...can't remember) that E10 cannot be used on carburated engines. Totoo ba 'to? Kawawa naman yung Lancer itlog namin pag totoo!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not sure. Something to do with jetting, but I don't know if it's E10 or E20.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'm not sure. Something to do with jetting, but I don't know if it's E10 or E20.
    Cge cge. Thank Niky!

Law on Biofuels approved by Congress