New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ive been choosing between these 2 cars for daily drive.
    I didnt include jazz because it's too bagets for my age. hehehe.

do we have to worry about the cvt of Honda? and i believe that Yaris came from a very reliable engine platform.I own a vios before.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Between Yaris or City, I'd pick the City for a daily commuter.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    City will be competing with Vios while Yaris up against Jazz. Hindi match so hands down decision will be City.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    IMO mas bagets yung moustache ni yaris kesa kay jazz!

If you need the trunk, city.. Then compare with the vios.
    Last edited by Yuki13; September 29th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the City because it's bigger. And yes, Yaris is a "bagets" car

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The best option would be what you really like and what your preferences are. If you want a HB for a daily drive, go with it. If you really need a trunk, get a 4-door sedan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi. we really do not need the trunk space because my wife drives an SUV so we bring that for our out of town etc.
    rare din may nilalagay ako sa likod ng Vios ko before kundi stroller, i think a dstroller will suffice yaris' compartment space

Between Vios and City, City ako but for Yaris and City, hmm.. actually City sana but natatakot ako sa mga nababasa ko sa past CVT issues ng Honda.

May assurance na kaya sa new cvt engine nila?

and how about maintenance cost between Honda and Toyota in casa?
    Last edited by harold13; September 29th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sige iibahin ko pala.. hindi ko kasi type yung Jazz kaya I didnt compare between Jazz and Yaris. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    Hi. we really do not need the trunk space because my wife drives an SUV so we bring that for our out of town etc.
    rare din may nilalagay ako sa likod ng Vios ko before kundi stroller, i think a dstroller will suffice yaris' compartment space

Between Vios and City, City ako but for Yaris and City, hmm.. actually City sana but natatakot ako sa mga nababasa ko sa past CVT issues ng Honda.

May assurance na kaya sa new cvt engine nila?

and how about maintenance cost between Honda and Toyota in casa?
    The Honda CVT no longer uses a dry starter clutch. It uses a traditional torque converter, which may or may not be as reliable/problematic as the regular torque converter automatic as in the Yaris.

*Note: All torque converter automatics still use clutch packs, but most of them last a lot longer than the starter clutch in the old Honda CVTs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    nagagandahan ako sa yaris but i find the yaris/vios driving position awkward, parang a baba ng location ng transmission. if we are talking about the totl for both cars, i'd go with the city because of the toys included, but if it's the entry level yaris.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast