New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    We are in search for a new car, which among the two is better in terms of: 1.) Fuel Economy 2.) Handling/Performance 3.) Ride Comfort (some review says Xtrail is quite bumpy at the rear passenger---my daughter easily get car sick)
    4.) Cabin size (we are a "tall family)

I'm open to other suggestion. Budget is up to 1.3M

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Xtrail still facelifted with an old design Go for Tucson for more modern look

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    by that budget, its large enough for a base model mitsu Montero Sport which seats 7 and bigger than the two

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    With a budget of 1.3M for just the unit itself, you can opt for larger SUV's.

BUT, I presume that you didn't consider this simply because your daughter gets car sick so easily.

Between your choices, I`d pick the tucson ... but if you're open to other choices I`d recommend you the Toyota Camry & Honda CR-V.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i dunno pero mas gusto ko yung Xtrail than the Tucson.

mas macho dating para sakin. hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm, for me get the tucson, parang maluluma na itsura nung X-Trail eh (sorry for the owners IMO lang naman ) compared sa tucson.

Why not get a monty?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    or an everest

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hmm ... mukhang sensitive masyado daughter ng TS so I guess hindi sakanya pwede mga everests, monteros & fortuners.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'm still driving a 2004 Xtrail and so far it still performs well and sometimes better than the new SUVs. Suspension is still one of the best. Compared to CRV, Xtrail has softer chairs so it's much comfortable during long trips. Compared to Escape, Xtrail has a softer ride. Escape is bumpy IMO. I haven't tried the new Tucson yet so I can't compare. The best way is to drive test both vehicles with your daughter so you won't have any regrets in the future.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a thought. Try and check the dimensions of the rear door of both SUVs. It makes a huge difference when you're loading an appliance that comes in a huge box (i.e. flatscreen TVs, washing machines, etc.).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Xtrail 200 vs. Tucson 2.0 CVVT