ADVERTISEMENTS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tucson

  1. #21
    Tsikot Member Rank 5 ZENMasterTYL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where Boy Scouts Live
    Posts
    2,796

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    mazda cx5
    ADVERTISEMENTS

  2. #22
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    Have test driven the XV and CX-5 and both are quite good.

    Depends on you priorities really, if your wife wants a more spacious vehicle that handles well, has impressive steering, and sporty yet comfortable (ironic) suspension the CX-5 it is.

    If your wife favours the added safety of several more airbags, AWD, and more compact exterior dimensions, the XV is it. To my butt, the XV's suspension is firmer and handles and steers well but I FELT (subjective) that the CX-5 is a tad better. The base XV is also cheaper now at 1.3m so thats 150k savings against the Mazda discounting the 3 years maintenance free ownership of the Mazda.

    You can't go wrong with whichever you choose but if I may suggest I'd go for the one that your heart desires.

  3. #23
    Tsikot Member Rank 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    428

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    CX5 din. Type ko yun likod pero di masyado sa harap. Sakto to para sa mga misis. Pwede rin sportage or sorento..

  4. #24
    CVT
    CVT is offline
    Hoosier'ed Hotspur CVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Camp Big Falcon
    Posts
    24,755

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu


    Thanks for your responses bro.

    We will test drive the XV and the CX-5 in a few days....

    We will check out again the Sportage and Sorento....

    18.5K

  5. #25
    Tsikot Member Rank 4 macsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    Quote Originally Posted by ReyMatt View Post
    I went through the same dilemna. Wanted a compact SUV, mostly to be used by wife in the city. Parking space in our house very limited. Chose between XV, CR-V. ASX and CX5. Montero and Tucson have higher security risk (higher carnap rates). SUVs that are taller (Montero, Fortuner) usually have higher seats, so it takes a bit of climbing up from the ground just to get into the seats. Among the XV, CR-V, ASX and CX5, XV has the highest ground clearance, closely followed by the CX5. But even if the XV has the higher ground clearance, it is easier to get into the XV than the CR-V (seats are slightly lower in the XV IMO). In terms of body length, the ASX is shortest, followed by XV, CR-V, and CX5.
    I test drove only the XV and CR-V; I was more comfortable with the former since it felt more car-like. Plus, it has more protection since it has side curtain airbags. So I bought the XV. The main issue with the XV is storage space. If you're NOT the type who carries a lot of cargo or makes a weekly trip out of the supermarket as if they own a sari-sari store, it won't be big issue. If I need extra cargo space, I'll just get a roof caddy for the rare out-of-town vacation.
    There's also good feedback on the Skyactiv of the CX5, particularly the efficiency. If only the body styling was more to my liking, hands down that would be my choice. (Just a little more expensive than the standrd XV though)
    I was informed by the SA that CX5 has curtain airbags as well. However, they will ask buyer to sign a waiver if in case they would prefer a leather seat cover since meron daw slight delay.

  6. #26
    Tsikot Member Rank 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    CX-5 gets my vote as well. XV is too small and cramped for me.

  7. #27
    Tsikot Member Rank 3 mateomarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    960

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    Sir CVT - PM sent...Thanks you!

  8. #28
    Devil's Advocate jut703's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,680

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    If you're considering diesels, there's really just the Sportage EX CRDi, Tucson GL CRDi, and Sorento LX CRDi

    I'd cross out the Sorento because for a girl, it's a bit bulky to drive and is generally harder to park than the 2 CUVs. Unlike the Santa Fe, the extra size doesn't come with extra seating space. Also, you already have a GS when you need to carry people around, so unless you'll frequently use the humongous cargo area of the Sorento, I'd say it takes a backseat to the Sportage and Tucson.

    Between the two twin CUVs, the Tucson actually looks more feminine. There's also the added security of 4WD, which could be useful on the highway in slippery conditions. I also find the Hyundai's interior to be more appealing than the simple design of the Kia. And while they're built on the same platform, the Tucson has noticeably more cargo room than the Sportage, because of the latter's sloping roofline. However, the Tucson also has fewer features, but personally the features aren't deal-breaking. Standard 60k discount on the Tucson actually makes it as cheap as the Sportage nowadays.

    So while I'd personally get the Sportage, I think the Tucson is more suited for your wife.

    If you're eyeing a gas-fed CUV, I'd really recommend the CX5. I initially dismissed it as a cramped mini-CUV ala XV or ASX, but when I drove it, it was certainly more spacious than the Tucson and Sportage. The ride was great as well, it's got minimal body roll in corners, but over bumps, it wasn't bone-jarring. While your wife won't appreciate its superb handling, she would appreciate the fuel-efficiency of its engine (the most efficient 2-liter on the market right now I think), as well as the simple but elegant interior treatment. I'd also say that the CX5's features aren't lacking either, though it is a bit expensive.

  9. #29
    CVT
    CVT is offline
    Hoosier'ed Hotspur CVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Camp Big Falcon
    Posts
    24,755

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    I was informed by the SA that CX5 has curtain airbags as well. However, they will ask buyer to sign a waiver if in case they would prefer a leather seat cover since meron daw slight delay.
    Thanks for the info bro. I'll add this in our "things to inquire" with the SA.

    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    CX-5 gets my vote as well. XV is too small and cramped for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Sir CVT - PM sent...Thanks you!
    Thanks for the input, bros.

    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you're considering diesels, there's really just the Sportage EX CRDi, Tucson GL CRDi, and Sorento LX CRDi

    I'd cross out the Sorento because for a girl, it's a bit bulky to drive and is generally harder to park than the 2 CUVs. Unlike the Santa Fe, the extra size doesn't come with extra seating space. Also, you already have a GS when you need to carry people around, so unless you'll frequently use the humongous cargo area of the Sorento, I'd say it takes a backseat to the Sportage and Tucson.

    Between the two twin CUVs, the Tucson actually looks more feminine. There's also the added security of 4WD, which could be useful on the highway in slippery conditions. I also find the Hyundai's interior to be more appealing than the simple design of the Kia. And while they're built on the same platform, the Tucson has noticeably more cargo room than the Sportage, because of the latter's sloping roofline. However, the Tucson also has fewer features, but personally the features aren't deal-breaking. Standard 60k discount on the Tucson actually makes it as cheap as the Sportage nowadays.

    So while I'd personally get the Sportage, I think the Tucson is more suited for your wife.

    If you're eyeing a gas-fed CUV, I'd really recommend the CX5. I initially dismissed it as a cramped mini-CUV ala XV or ASX, but when I drove it, it was certainly more spacious than the Tucson and Sportage. The ride was great as well, it's got minimal body roll in corners, but over bumps, it wasn't bone-jarring. While your wife won't appreciate its superb handling, she would appreciate the fuel-efficiency of its engine (the most efficient 2-liter on the market right now I think), as well as the simple but elegant interior treatment. I'd also say that the CX5's features aren't lacking either, though it is a bit expensive.
    I like the way to think bro. Structured and logical.

    Not really particular about diesel or gasoline-fed. Just want a "decent" approx 8Km/L....

    The CX-5 SA was claiming 11Km/L at least... Hhmmmm... talk-a-talk?

    18.6K

  10. #30
    Tsikot Member Rank 5 Syuryuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,444

    Default Re: Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tu

    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

    Thanks for your responses bro.

    We will test drive the XV and the CX-5 in a few days....

    We will check out again the Sportage and Sorento....

    18.5K
    kunin mo na lang pareho para di ka mamroblema

ADVERTISEMENTS

Receive Latest Cars For Sale Alerts via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tsikot Car Finder Latest Car Listings
Thousands of Tsikoteers see these ads everyday. Get better results with your car ads. Post your cars for sale at Tsikot Car Finder now!


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •