New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Please do not include the Toyotas, Honda, Chevrolet, Ford nor Nissan in the discussion. They're definitely out of my list.

Budget is P1.5M more or less. Daily drive is 60% highway ; 40% city ; around 40Km/day total; Desired: 8Km/L; a bit tight parking space in the office... She regulary drives an MPV, occasionally our car, then once in a while our GS.... She likes the MPV "better" than our other rides... She can only drive A/T.

So, which do you recommend, bros?

1. Subaru XV
    2. Mazda CX5
    3. Mitsubishi Montero
    4. Hyundai Tucson?

TIA.

18.5K:mail:
    Last edited by CVT; March 18th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Montero/fortuner

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayaw mo ng Sta. Fe?

I would take a look at the XV if it's for the wife. I feel this is less takaw nakaw then the Monty and Tucson.

Can't comment on the CX-5 as i have not gotten a chance to take a close look at it.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    santa fe, sana, pangalan palang pang girl na :D.... pati malaki kaha mas safe asawa mo sir..pasok naman yata sa 1.5 price nya

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Ayaw mo ng Sta. Fe?

I would take a look at the XV if it's for the wife. I feel this is less takaw nakaw then the Monty and Tucson.

Can't comment on the CX-5 as i have not gotten a chance to take a close look at it.
    Out of our league na ang Sta. Fe, bro... P1.8M+

The XV and CX5 were in the display yesterday at the ATC.... She's kinda leaning towards the XV, but is not sold on the driving height,... Parang kotse lang halos... The CX5 is huge compared to the XV, plus its attractive PMS package... [Did not bother to look at the CRV; And, the Elantra - kotse kasi - ayaw niya]

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    CX5 ako. IMO sobrang underrated ng CX5.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Out of our league na ang Sta. Fe, bro... P1.8M+

The XV and CX5 were in the display yesterday at the ATC.... She's kinda leaning towards the XV, but is not sold on the driving height,... Parang kotse lang halos... The CX5 is huge compared to the XV, plus its attractive PMS package... [Did not bother to look at the CRV; And, the Elantra - kotse kasi - ayaw niya]

So we're looking at the same thing yesterday. I agree , i prefer the CX5 than the XV. Yung mga anak ko naman & wife are all pointing on the Sonic.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hyundai and Kia's CRDI engines?!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    ASX wala sa list? Hehe. Wifey likes to drive the ASX than the monty (and just last wk nasagi nya yun front left fender ng monty)

Kung kaya i park/manuever ni mrs mo yun monty and similar sized mid suv, why not?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *CVT

Yung RAV4 ayaw rin?

CX5 here kung ganun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tucson