New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    mazda cx5

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Have test driven the XV and CX-5 and both are quite good.

Depends on you priorities really, if your wife wants a more spacious vehicle that handles well, has impressive steering, and sporty yet comfortable (ironic) suspension the CX-5 it is.

If your wife favours the added safety of several more airbags, AWD, and more compact exterior dimensions, the XV is it. To my butt, the XV's suspension is firmer and handles and steers well but I FELT (subjective) that the CX-5 is a tad better. The base XV is also cheaper now at 1.3m so thats 150k savings against the Mazda discounting the 3 years maintenance free ownership of the Mazda.

You can't go wrong with whichever you choose but if I may suggest I'd go for the one that your heart desires.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    CX5 din. Type ko yun likod pero di masyado sa harap. Sakto to para sa mga misis. Pwede rin sportage or sorento..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for your responses bro.

We will test drive the XV and the CX-5 in a few days....

We will check out again the Sportage and Sorento....

18.5K:mail:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ReyMatt View Post
    I went through the same dilemna. Wanted a compact SUV, mostly to be used by wife in the city. Parking space in our house very limited. Chose between XV, CR-V. ASX and CX5. Montero and Tucson have higher security risk (higher carnap rates). SUVs that are taller (Montero, Fortuner) usually have higher seats, so it takes a bit of climbing up from the ground just to get into the seats. Among the XV, CR-V, ASX and CX5, XV has the highest ground clearance, closely followed by the CX5. But even if the XV has the higher ground clearance, it is easier to get into the XV than the CR-V (seats are slightly lower in the XV IMO). In terms of body length, the ASX is shortest, followed by XV, CR-V, and CX5.
    I test drove only the XV and CR-V; I was more comfortable with the former since it felt more car-like. Plus, it has more protection since it has side curtain airbags. So I bought the XV. The main issue with the XV is storage space. If you're NOT the type who carries a lot of cargo or makes a weekly trip out of the supermarket as if they own a sari-sari store, it won't be big issue. If I need extra cargo space, I'll just get a roof caddy for the rare out-of-town vacation.
    There's also good feedback on the Skyactiv of the CX5, particularly the efficiency. If only the body styling was more to my liking, hands down that would be my choice. (Just a little more expensive than the standrd XV though)
    I was informed by the SA that CX5 has curtain airbags as well. However, they will ask buyer to sign a waiver if in case they would prefer a leather seat cover since meron daw slight delay.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    CX-5 gets my vote as well. XV is too small and cramped for me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir CVT - PM sent...Thanks you!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're considering diesels, there's really just the Sportage EX CRDi, Tucson GL CRDi, and Sorento LX CRDi

I'd cross out the Sorento because for a girl, it's a bit bulky to drive and is generally harder to park than the 2 CUVs. Unlike the Santa Fe, the extra size doesn't come with extra seating space. Also, you already have a GS when you need to carry people around, so unless you'll frequently use the humongous cargo area of the Sorento, I'd say it takes a backseat to the Sportage and Tucson.

Between the two twin CUVs, the Tucson actually looks more feminine. There's also the added security of 4WD, which could be useful on the highway in slippery conditions. I also find the Hyundai's interior to be more appealing than the simple design of the Kia. And while they're built on the same platform, the Tucson has noticeably more cargo room than the Sportage, because of the latter's sloping roofline. However, the Tucson also has fewer features, but personally the features aren't deal-breaking. Standard 60k discount on the Tucson actually makes it as cheap as the Sportage nowadays.

So while I'd personally get the Sportage, I think the Tucson is more suited for your wife.

If you're eyeing a gas-fed CUV, I'd really recommend the CX5. I initially dismissed it as a cramped mini-CUV ala XV or ASX, but when I drove it, it was certainly more spacious than the Tucson and Sportage. The ride was great as well, it's got minimal body roll in corners, but over bumps, it wasn't bone-jarring. While your wife won't appreciate its superb handling, she would appreciate the fuel-efficiency of its engine (the most efficient 2-liter on the market right now I think), as well as the simple but elegant interior treatment. I'd also say that the CX5's features aren't lacking either, though it is a bit expensive.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    I was informed by the SA that CX5 has curtain airbags as well. However, they will ask buyer to sign a waiver if in case they would prefer a leather seat cover since meron daw slight delay.
    Thanks for the info bro. I'll add this in our "things to inquire" with the SA.

Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    CX-5 gets my vote as well. XV is too small and cramped for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Sir CVT - PM sent...Thanks you!
    Thanks for the input, bros.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you're considering diesels, there's really just the Sportage EX CRDi, Tucson GL CRDi, and Sorento LX CRDi

I'd cross out the Sorento because for a girl, it's a bit bulky to drive and is generally harder to park than the 2 CUVs. Unlike the Santa Fe, the extra size doesn't come with extra seating space. Also, you already have a GS when you need to carry people around, so unless you'll frequently use the humongous cargo area of the Sorento, I'd say it takes a backseat to the Sportage and Tucson.

Between the two twin CUVs, the Tucson actually looks more feminine. There's also the added security of 4WD, which could be useful on the highway in slippery conditions. I also find the Hyundai's interior to be more appealing than the simple design of the Kia. And while they're built on the same platform, the Tucson has noticeably more cargo room than the Sportage, because of the latter's sloping roofline. However, the Tucson also has fewer features, but personally the features aren't deal-breaking. Standard 60k discount on the Tucson actually makes it as cheap as the Sportage nowadays.

So while I'd personally get the Sportage, I think the Tucson is more suited for your wife.

If you're eyeing a gas-fed CUV, I'd really recommend the CX5. I initially dismissed it as a cramped mini-CUV ala XV or ASX, but when I drove it, it was certainly more spacious than the Tucson and Sportage. The ride was great as well, it's got minimal body roll in corners, but over bumps, it wasn't bone-jarring. While your wife won't appreciate its superb handling, she would appreciate the fuel-efficiency of its engine (the most efficient 2-liter on the market right now I think), as well as the simple but elegant interior treatment. I'd also say that the CX5's features aren't lacking either, though it is a bit expensive.
    I like the way to think bro. Structured and logical.

Not really particular about diesel or gasoline-fed. Just want a "decent" approx 8Km/L....

The CX-5 SA was claiming 11Km/L at least... Hhmmmm... talk-a-talk?

18.6K:grin2:

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Thanks for your responses bro.

We will test drive the XV and the CX-5 in a few days....

We will check out again the Sportage and Sorento....

18.5K:mail:
    kunin mo na lang pareho para di ka mamroblema

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wife's Daily Drive: Subaru XV vs. Mazda CX5 vs. Mitsubishi Montero vs. Hyundai Tucson