New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    This is a very serious question and I am hoping for a non-biased reliable answer backed up by experience and knowledge regarding the subject matter. What do you think is the top two of the most reliable cars(2014/2015) that you could buy here in the Philippines? When I say reliable I mean the car that would get you from point A to point B while encountering the least amount of problems such as breaking down for the next 10+ years of using it. This car is going to be driven in the city most of the time and very rarely goes out of town. All of the parts of the car (air-conditioning system, cooling system, electrical system, etc.) would be in the best condition for the next 10+ years and would need repair with the least number of times. This car will be strictly Casa maintained all throughout it's duration of use and periodic maintenance would be religiously followed.

Reliability is the only thing that I am searching for in the car. I do not care about looks; I do not care about the "fun to drive" factor. I do not care about it's "image", "prestige", or "status". I just want a vehicle that would get me from point A to point B with the least amount of hassle or "sakit sa ulo". One thing I hate is ung masiraan ka sa daan while driving tapos you decide to send it to casa for repair and you won't be able to use the car for several weeks/months during the repair. I'm trying to avoid vehicles that has a lot of issues kahit brand new siya. Fuel efficiency is also a plus but reliability is still the top priority. I do not know if this helps but this vehicle will be driven and maintained in Davao so the Casa here in Davao would also probably play a part in its reliability.

However, the vehicle size classification would only be limited to the following:
    1. Subcompact cars- Examples would include Toyota Vios, Honda City, Ford Fiesta, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, etc.
    2. Compact cars- Examples would include Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Mazda3, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi lancer, etc.
    3. Mini SUVs - Ford Ecosport, Suzuki SX4, etc.
    4. Compact SUVs - Toyota Rav-4, Honda CR-V, Mitsubishi ASX, Hyundai Sonata, Ford Escape, etc.
    5. Mid-Sized SUVs - Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Monterosport, Hyundai Santafe, Ford Everest, etc.

This means na hindi na kasali ang mga pickup, full size SUVs, Vans, Mitsubishi Mirage, Hyundai i10, etc. Regarding the transmission, this is debatable since different brands of vehicle would have different types of transmission. Like whether the CVT of Toyota is better than the CVT of Mitsubishi or whether the CVT of Toyota would be better than the traditional AT, or whether Manual transmission is better than CVT in terms of reliability, it really depends. Choosing between Gas or Diesel also tells the same story.

The budget would most likely be a maximum of 1.7 million pesos. It would be better kung mamention ang variant ng sasakyan for example 1.6G na toyota corolla or 2.0V na toyota corolla. etc. at about 60-80% of the time the vehicle will be occupied by one person(driver) only. I hope unbiased ang mga answer. Like if you are a fan of hyundai or honda, eh honda and hyundai rin ang ipopost mo just because this is your favorite automobile manufacturer .

This would help other people who are asking the same question and i hope sasagutin to ng mga experts dito. I will also add my opinion regarding this soon.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Isuzu Alterra urban cruiser more comfortable than its competition
    honda civic 1.8

is the AUV included??

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Isuzu Alterra urban cruiser more comfortable than its competition
    honda civic 1.8

is the AUV included??

As long as it fits within the mentioned vehicle classification. What is your basis in mentioning such vehicles? Do you have any experience with them?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    honda civic last gen fd awesome vehichle
    pangasian - manila
    Isuzu crosswind/sportivo yes experience
    it will get u more pt.a to b safely
    not that fast but can reach 140kph
    inteerior is old but durable
    and aircon
    toyota innova
    experience the choking problem but fixed by casa
    now its perfect ran 139k kms.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    the alterra just heard from other owners no problem
    unlike other suv

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    masyado po broad yung criteria nyong binigay pero i'll try to give some input.

If you want a car with the least amount of problems, then buy one that is bare. I mean, the more electronics and gizmos a car has, the more chances of those accessories breaking down.

Also keep everything stock. Stay away from modifications.

Casa maintained doesn't mean less chances of things breaking down. Sometimes, napapasama pa nga sasakyan mo pag sa casa dinala.

I'm not a Toyota fanboi but I think it is currently the most reliable brand.

My family has been using Nissan for the longest time. Unang Toyota ko itong 2011 Toyota Innova diesel ko. 3.5 years na sya. 45K Kms mileage. daily driven. Di nakatikim ng PMS from casa. Sa suking gasoline station ko lang sya dinadala for PMS stuff.

The only thing that broke down since I bought it is a busted park light. Everything else is stock.

Of course I had to replace some consumables -

1. cabin filter - replaced twice
    2. engine air filter - replaced twice
    3. fuel filter element - replaced twice
    3. battery - just replaced mine this month. stock battery lasted 3.5 years
    4. wiper blades - replaced 2 months ago. stock ones are still good but i decided to replace it anyways.

Good luck on your search.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The answer to your question will be known in 10 years.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Really depends on the unit itself. Luck plays a big portion too in owning a car. Even the mighty Toyota produces lemon units. Majority has a perception that a japan CBU unit will most likely be the most reliable unit production released. But then again that's not always the case. So to get the chance of having the most reliable unit that will likely cause less headache to you, get a japanese brand car. Want japan CBU unit? Get a Suzuki or a Mazda. Jm2c.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    1. Subcompact cars-

kung practical ang hanap--- Vios, (1.3) kung pipili rin kayo ng higher variant na 1.5 version + accessories, sa # 2 ang dapat

2. Compact cars-

Corolla Altis (1.6V), almost hindi nagkakalayo sa price ng 1.5 subcompact car, practically wise, maliban sa engine displacement,
    mas malaki na yung body-frame (safety)...

kung kukuha naman ng 2.0 variant, much better to choose the camry, (maliban sa unting price difference) practical wise, same concept sa #1,

3. Mini SUVs - no comment dahil never ako nakapag-drive ng mga Mini SUV,

4. Compact SUVs - no comment rin dahil never ako nakapag drive ng mga latest compact SUV,

5. Mid-Sized SUVs -

Montero/Fortuner,

Pareho namang reliable, no problems naman + yung mga models na yan nasa 9yrs na (Fort) and 6yrs (Montero)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We have a 2011 Santa Fe 4x4, which has ran 54tkms. Great car. Have no issues with it. Unlike some of the other SUVs in it's class, there have been no major recalls or factory defects.

Then there's our 2013 Strada 4x4 which has ran 19tkms. It's basically the same as the Montero Sport. Interior is plasticky, but underpinnings are much sturdier than the Santa Fe, and flood wading capability is superb. Again, no issues with this car.

With both cars, we use Unioil Euro 4 diesel. No black smoke under hard acceleration.

If you want something that would be cheap to maintain and with minimal issues in the long run, perhaps I'd point you to the Crosswind and Adventure. Minimal electronics, no computer box, sturdy chassis, fuel efficient (though slow and rather noisy) engine. You'd have to live with no ABS and airbags though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
What is the top 2 most reliable brand new cars(2014-2015) here in the Philippines?