New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    What made you say it hasn't been solved? The link shows that the owner is already happy with the problem already solved without extra cost to the owner.

Any Mirage owner here who can share their own experience whether or not you have the flywheel/driveplate issue?
    had experieced the following:

hard starting (prevalent on brand new engines)
    screeching sound followed by a failure to start
    engine quitting while on the road moving twice

after almost 10000km all these problems are no longer existent while nothing had been replaced

kept the car because its fuel efficient, recently breached P40thou spent on gas. if ill project it up to 100thou km warranty period, i expect to spend only over P400thou for gas. that will still be very much less than my purchase price of half a million petot and thats pretty much how i measure fuel efficiency
    Last edited by kisshmet; July 6th, 2014 at 09:23 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I am looking for a car budget of 500k, so far i'm interested in buying the wigo g a/t vs. mirage glx a/t... as of now, i would go for the wigo. i just trust the wigo more, maybe because it's a toyota, it's cheaper, and the specs are comparable to the gls mirage which costs more than a 100k(way over our budget for an extra car).it's easier to drive in davao, we have minimal-moderate traffic and roads are fine, people and drivers obey the traffic rules. gas isn't much of a big problem too, because of the less traffic we experience plus only very few places require uphill driving. we will also be using our new and extra car solely for city driving, we were planning to buy a used car but we were thinking of checking the brand new wigo and mirage tomorrow and who knows by then i might change my mind and go for the mirage? i think i will be checking more on the space inside, the size, the feel of driving the car, and ofcourse the cost.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    ok po ba ang aircon ng mirage? lately the heat are really unbearable ..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob999 View Post
    I am looking for a car budget of 500k, so far i'm interested in buying the wigo g a/t vs. mirage glx a/t... as of now, i would go for the wigo. i just trust the wigo more, maybe because it's a toyota, it's cheaper, and the specs are comparable to the gls mirage which costs more than a 100k(way over our budget for an extra car).it's easier to drive in davao, we have minimal-moderate traffic and roads are fine, people and drivers obey the traffic rules. gas isn't much of a big problem too, because of the less traffic we experience plus only very few places require uphill driving. we will also be using our new and extra car solely for city driving, we were planning to buy a used car but we were thinking of checking the brand new wigo and mirage tomorrow and who knows by then i might change my mind and go for the mirage? i think i will be checking more on the space inside, the size, the feel of driving the car, and ofcourse the cost.
    Check it out and test drive both first.
    The Mirage is a more "complete" car. Another thing, the Mirage is a global car, the Wigo was primarily developed by PT Astra Daihatsu Motor as a low-cost car for Indonesia (Low Cost Green Car program).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I agree. You must test drive both.
    I, too, once was very hot on getting a particular car. But when I test-drove it, I changed my mind after only one block.. "Nag-babanggan ang mga paa ko sa pidal..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    So how about putting Suzuki's Swift 1.2 AT versus the Mitsubishi's Mirage GLS CVT? Both are SRP at 648k. We all know na naman that the Mirage is a more of a complete car than the Toyota's Wigo. I'm more interested in knowing which is better between Swift and Mirage at 648k price point.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I am actually included in this list. I had the concerned parts replaced twice in my case. After the second replacement, hindi na umulit ang problema. The mechanic says iba na daw parts number yung second replacement compared sa una na parang sa intindi ko is similar with the original that came with the car.

Covered naman ng warranty so no problem.

ang problema is napapanisan kami ng gas sa sobrang tipid. I have the GLX CVT and it is very easy to keep it below 2000rpm at higher speeds than the manual version.

Mura pa maintenance compared sa ibang subcompacts. 3 liters lang ang oil.

Quote Originally Posted by smallbody View Post
    Hard starting and cranking sound documents and car owner's sentiments
    1.Richard dela Rosa/gls/mt/1,000k
    2.jennielyne Tagsuan/GLS/CVT/1172K (ata if not mistaken, will check my records)
    3. Elvin Ventucillo/GLX/CVT/800KM
    4. Rommel Salvador/GLX/CVT/200+kms
    5. Reynaldo/Evelyn Guiyab/GLS/CVT/200+km (1mo:once a wk/2mos:twice a week/3mos:every other day)
    6. Bon Masangcay/GLX CVT
    7. Benjie Kiunisala / GLS / CVT / 1500km
    8. jojo segismundo / glx cvt / 1k kms
    9. guido mamalio/gls cvt/4k+ km
    10. Mark Ericson Que /GLX CVT/6K+
    11. Rodrigo Perez / GLS CVT / couple of days after we got the unit last february
    12. frenz marocom/ GLX CVT 200+k
    13. Jonathan Francisco/GLS CVT/ ~200+km (twice w/in 5days of May6,twice again a day after 1k PMS on June1)
    14. Kim Brianne Go / GLS CVT / 1.2kms ++ several times per week 15. Mercy ocampo/ GLS /CVT/ 1.3kms
    16. Jason Roxas / GLX CVT / 5000 plus kms
    17. Erwin Cabbab / GLS CVT / 1400+km / once june 23
    18. Grant Kiu / GLX CVT / 2500km / 3-5 times in 2mos since I got him
    19. Eric fermin GLS Cvt 2,900km mga 7times na nangyari
    20. J. Mayo / GLS CVT / 300Km almost 1 week pa lang 2 times na.
    21. Dex Ildefonzo / GLS after 1k PMS / June 27 / July 2
    22. DM Cueto / GLS CVT, around 500km ( 4 times before 1st PMS; twice after PMS)
    23. chronic / GLS CVT around 500km huminto yung car...then hard start na. Had it towed. Replace naman agad.
    24. Ryan De Vera / GLS CVT /4600km - experienced this kanina for 1-2 seconds then pinatay ko agad. ok na when i restarted after a few seconds
    25. Michael Dan Opulencia / GLS MT / 5500km - experienced this kaninang umaga lang pang 3x na,
    26. Ian Darwin Kaw / GLS CVT / 800Km 2 times na.
    27. Cris Dominic Meer / GLS MT/ 5600KM experienced this morning after 2nd try okay na ulit.
    28. King Marc Losa / GLX CVT / 9700km - intermittent. at least once a month
    29. June Salem / GLS CVT / 400km +++. 5x ko na naexperience 1month old. As per casa wait dw ako kung approve sa planta na palitan ung pyesa...then ttwagan nila ako. Kaso db prang ang panget kabago bago ng auto ntin bbuksan n agad transmission. Ok lng b un mga sir/mam?
    30. Francis Silverio /GLS / CVT / 2700km / 7x since July
    31. Carlo Payumo / GLS CVT / 1600kms / April 30 unit released / encountered several times lagpas sampu na kung di ako nagkakamali since may of 2013
    32. Aloysius Sta Ana /GLS CVT / 1500 kms /Feb 14 unit released / many times already i lost count
    33. fitdynamite /GLX CVT / 300km only 2 times na. already ask diamond gh. they will check it on my 1000km check-up.
    34. Wowie Babiano / GLS CVT / 900km / daming beses na, nakakabulabog sa mga kapitbahay akala nila magttransform ung mirage sa lakas ng tunog. haha
    35. Joel /GLX CVT / 8500km - First time today!!!! Akala ko immune na mirage ko sa virus na to di pala. Nearing my 10k PMS and have them check on this, ofcourse di ko naman narecord kasi di ko expect. Buti nalang nasa open space parking ako at walang tao nakarinig.
    36. Michelle Lucero / GLS CVT / 1500km / just an hour ago. tried 3 times bago umayos.
    37. Rochelle Yambao / GLS CVT / 21,450 kms / countless times since day 1. Thrice a week naeencounter.
    38. Ruy Chavez GLS/CVT Hatch / Less than 1,000 Km (don't remember exactly). More than 5 tmes ko na encounter over the past 10 months.
    39. Earlson Eleria / GLX CVT / 2500km / recurring issue..
    40. Christian Espiritu GLX CVT / 5100km / biik sounds experienced about 4 times while the hard starting is around 5-6 times. Yung hard-starting is sobrang tigas nung ignition key na parang mababali or madedeformed ko yung susi tapos tumitigas yung brake.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    ok po ba ang aircon ng mirage? lately the heat are really unbearable ..
    Walang problema sa aircon. Ang problema ay ang manipis na glass. Tagos talaga lahat ng init. The free tint is useless.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I recently got a Mirage GLX CVT and we're planning to have our first long drive to Bicol. Will it be susceptible in
    terms of long distance driving?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My friend drove his GLX MT to Bicol the day after he got it. No problems whatsoever even with a full load.