New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Tsikoteers,

I'm planning to get a hold of a 2008 toyota vios. What are the common problems that are apparent to this make and model?

Just a quick history, I currently own a 2006 honda city and I'm experiencing problems that might be connected to the CVT. So I'm planning to dispose this car and buy a Vios instead.

Also, you guys might want to give me other options aside from the Vios.

Please enlighten me. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Sir try to visit Vios Club Philippines - Index
    Masasagot ka ng mga ka vios natin dyan
    HTH ;)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *rap2_tan im now browsing thru that site but i cant find a thread that answers my question..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Try to find the thread second generation vios or you can try to use the search function
    Not sure but you have to register first to view topics

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    sa aken experience ko nasira is yung AUX fan Motor.. cost P6500 to replace...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think more important is to have a detailed service history of the car.

Know the complete service records, warranty claims, any accidents so that you will have a better idea of how it was taken care of.

Also, test drive and have it inspected before you buy.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sakit ng Vios ang lumuluwag na fan belt/drive belt. Malalaman mo kapag nagssqueak kapag cold starts and kapag kinabig mo ng todo manibela. Hihigpitan lang naman ulit and problem solved na.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    another thing is, yung sludge. may mga reported incident ng sludge sa VCP. but pag regular 5k km OCI, dapat walang sludge.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Di naman problem, pero yung skin release brand new walang ac filter, kailangan pang bilin sa casa 900 petot. Then yung hu walang aux or usb or ipod connector, pede ka pakabit sa casa ng ipod connector worth 9k. Yung mga fittings ng mga panel, minsan lumalangitngit, nag wa wax ako napapansin ko to. Alhough none of this are big problems, parang quirks lang.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mga sirs, how about the a/t trannies of vioses? are they also problematic like the cvt issues of hondas?

Toyota Vios's Common Problems