New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Which is better in terms of technical specifications?

Which is better in terms of over-all ratings, meaning over-all performance vis-a-vis its price.

Based kasi sa mga published prices sa site nila, city is around 49K more expensive than the vios.

Need your inputs, thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Almost same lang naman sila. I used toyota vios 1.3 E and sobrang tipid sa gas and mabilis talaga sya. Pero pagdating sa porma at design especially interior lamang ang Honda.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Based kasi sa mga published prices sa site nila, city is around 49K more expensive than the vios.
    That price difference could go up to 89K (bec. Toyota gives discounts and has promos every month). I know Honda does not give discounts (if they do maybe 5K only).

The City has better ergonomics of the two. I'm not a fan of the City's center console (radio controls).

I'm not sure if the servicing costs for the City will cost more.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Safety wise, City. It has 2 airbags while the Vios is for driver only.
    Power, Torque and Looks for me City.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What do you think about the Rio 1.4EX 6M/T?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    What do you think about the Rio 1.4EX 6M/T?
    Thread: Toyota VIOS 1.3E vs Honda City 1.3S MT

+1 paps!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Para naman mabago. The platform and drivetrain of the Vios has not changed since the introduction of the 1st gen back in 2003. The City is much better than the Vios in terms of interior space, quality of materials and in the performance department. Also, so far I have not yet seen a City with a sagging rear like the Vios when loaded. But then again, ang dami na rin nito.

IMHO the Rio is a good alternative. I find it to be very upscale, not looking out of place even when parked beside Euro subcompacts. For 678k you already get driver's airbag, ABS, all power amenities and a 6 speed tranny. Considering that it has corrected pretty much all of the Accent's flaws and is better equipped than the base Accent M/T I find it a very good deal.

Toyota VIOS 1.3E vs Honda City 1.3S MT