New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I stand corrected. Hiace models indeed have 2.5L D4D engines.

Thanks for the heads up isketi.
    sarap patakbuhin ng grand starex ok ang hatak if i remember right mga 120kph at 2000rpm (A/T) , 4 passenger, and tahimik sa loob except dun sa likod near the rear wheel well (maybe because the tire is kumho radial), aircon is very good, the suspension is firm but not harsh

i dont know bout the hi ace, havent driven one yet

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The low-end thrust of the the 2.5 in the current Grandia is pretty good... don't know if it'll still be the same with an automatic... with the manual, it's fun to goose the pedal when dropping the clutch for a little *screech*...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Another problem with the Grandia/Super Grandia is that its roof is so high, it can only enter parking buildings 2.10 meters up. Anything lower than that would scrape the roof of the Grandia. Not very sure about the 4th Gen Starex however.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    We own a grandia for 2 years now. Im very satisfied with its engines power and consumption. But after test driving the new grand starex gusto ko na siya palitan. The new grand starex is better to drive, easier to get in and out the front seats, engine noise is lesser and above all it has a better ride than the grandia. Sobrang stiff kasi suspension ng grandia.

I agree with the other posters if ikaw palagi driver ng van get the starex. Yung clutch and manual tranny pala ng starex is better than the grandia. Mas lambot yung clutch and smoother yung transistion ng gears.

The only thing thats giving me second thoughts of getting the new grand starex is long term durability and reliability. Our 2000 starex had problems with its LSD tranny and door handles. Plus fuel consumption niya was really bad. It got worse every year.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    starex ka na lang bro...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know about the new one, but even the CRDi GRX wasn't very fuel efficient. Powerful, though... which kinda made up for it.

I don't know if the current one has an LSD... the GRX didn't... which means that it didn't have that problem... but I've heard of the occassional AT problems with that model (meaning, I've heard just one or two people complain about it... I've never experienced AT problems myself with the Starex).

The new one has lots of new oily bits. Whether they're better, only time will tell.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    anu ba tlga mganda pang long term cti grand strex o randia

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hyubs View Post
    anu ba tlga mganda pang long term cti grand strex o randia
    sir hyubs,

bawal po text speak dito.

to answer your question. as far as resale value, lamang po ang toyota. pero sa warranty, lamang po ang hyundai with 5 years warranty. isa pang consideration ay habang tumatanda ang sasakyan, nagiging prone sa overheat. isang advantage ng grand starex sa grandia/super grandia ay ang makina niya ay nasa harap. ang grandia/super grandia po kasi ay nasa pwet ng mga pasahero at driver sa harap kaya disaster pag nag-overheat sa gitna ng traffic. since may nguso rin ang grand starex, aerodynamics is better at hindi siya magwi-wiggle sa expressways. maganda rin po ang balance ng power ratio ng grand starex at mas malakas din ang makina kaya maganda ang performance.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We have a Super Grandia and 2 Grand Starexes in our family, my bro has the Super Grandia while I and my mom each have a Grand Starex. One time nagsabaysabay kami to Tagaytay via Talisay, no sweat sa GS yung matarik na zigzag portion paakyat ng Tagaytay, kinaya naman ng SG pero di makahabol sa GS.

My GS and my bro's SG were purchased only a few weeks apart, my mom actually waited for both of us to buy a van so she can try out both and decide which one she likes better, needless to say, she got herself a GS about 9 months after.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    We have a Super Grandia and 2 Grand Starexes in our family, my bro has the Super Grandia while I and my mom each have a Grand Starex. One time nagsabaysabay kami to Tagaytay via Talisay, no sweat sa GS yung matarik na zigzag portion paakyat ng Tagaytay, kinaya naman ng SG pero di makahabol sa GS.

My GS and my bro's SG were purchased only a few weeks apart, my mom actually waited for both of us to buy a van so she can try out both and decide which one she likes better, needless to say, she got herself a GS about 9 months after.
    if a tsikoteer tried and tested both in Ligaya Drive (the name of the road where sir ron took the comparo,) then, plus 1,000 on GS! i know what sir ron means when he says "no sweat" over Ligaya Drive... napakatarik ng daanan na iyan. May bahay kami dyan kaya very familiar ako sa terrain.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
TOYOTA SUPER GRANDIA vs. HYUNDAI STAREX