New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor;2413731 Both the new 1.7 and older 2.0 Carens CRDI can go beyond [B
    200km/h.[/B] I have yet to see an Innova going beyond 180km/h.
    Who will want to drive at 200 km/h with their family on board
    will you risk the safety of your family just for "your feeling racer heart"?
    I agree the carens is more refined and powerful
    but the Innova gets my vote why?
    Because it's bigger,more spacious,spare parts
    ground clearance ( kung ang innova sumasayad na sa mga uneven roads sa Province what
    if kaya yung Carens)
    If your consideing other choices check out the Isuzu Crosswind if your gonna
    use it for provincial and highway driving
    kahit saan mo idaan wag lang sa shallow sand or palayan kaya niya
    and is more fuel efficient
    it won't reach 160km/h in a speed of lightning
    but I'm sure you will reach your destination safely
    sorry for the long post

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    For me, the Innova, with the refreshed looks, gets my vote as a people mover. Yung air con lang plus points na, at yung better 3rd row leg room. Have you seen the legroom on the Carens?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by djsean View Post
    i need more comments ako din namimili ng innova G Dsl AT vs carens Lx. lagi madami ako sakay. di ko kaya mag starex eh.i want to learn more. mga experts jan. please naman po.
    I suggest that instead of the Carens, you consider the SWB Carnival instead. You'd be able to seat 8 full sized adults comfortably. Much more manageable than a Starex. Having a 2.9L engine, FC would definitely be higher than the Innova, though performance would be significantly better as well. Getting the manual variant should bridge the FC gap a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    For me, the Innova, with the refreshed looks, gets my vote as a people mover. Yung air con lang plus points na, at yung better 3rd row leg room. Have you seen the legroom on the Carens?
    The innova is a safe choice, pero di ko gusto yung new grille, mas in line pa yung previous gen na innova sa current lineup nila, haha

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Who will want to drive at 200 km/h with their family on board
    will you risk the safety of your family just for "your feeling racer heart"?
    I agree the carens is more refined and powerful
    but the Innova gets my vote why?
    Because it's bigger,more spacious,spare parts
    ground clearance ( kung ang innova sumasayad na sa mga uneven roads sa Province what
    if kaya yung Carens)
    If your consideing other choices check out the Isuzu Crosswind if your gonna
    use it for provincial and highway driving
    kahit saan mo idaan wag lang sa shallow sand or palayan kaya niya
    and is more fuel efficient
    it won't reach 160km/h in a speed of lightning
    but I'm sure you will reach your destination safely
    sorry for the long post
    And who says that the user will always want to drive at 200km/h even with their families? I'm just debunking a previous post implying that the carens performs poorer than the Innova on the open highway because of the smaller displacement while disregarding how their turbos behave based on paper specs and other users' OWN/ACTUAL experiences (both carens and innova users posted their own figures in a separate top speed thread for curiosity's sake and no one posted doing it fully loaded with their families on board). Despite the differences in performance, I actually recommended the Innova between the two because it will fit the needs of the user.

No need to be exaggeratingly conclusive or judgemental here to the point of branding people you don't know with "feeling racer heart".

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post
    And who says that the user will always want to drive at 200km/h even with their families? I'm just debunking a previous post implying that the carens performs poorer than the Innova on the open highway because of the smaller displacement while disregarding how their turbos behave based on paper specs and other users' OWN/ACTUAL experiences (both carens and innova users posted their own figures in a separate top speed thread for curiosity's sake and no one posted doing it fully loaded with their families on board). Despite the differences in performance, I actually recommended the Innova between the two because it will fit the needs of the user.

No need to be exaggeratingly conclusive or judgemental here to the point of branding people you don't know with "feeling racer heart".
    I get your point
    thanks for replying
    btw I'm also an owner of an Innova
    The only downside I could say is the Turbo Lag
    on acceleration(really annoying)
    I can say the innova's 3rd row is spacious for people with
    a height of 5'9
    And the Innovas topspeed is 180km/h for the petrol fed one
    and 163 km/h on the diesel one
    the carens is a nice MPV despite of having low ground clearance
    especially the V6 version in Canada
    Last edited by crosswind; October 16th, 2014 at 08:13 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I get your point
    thanks for replying
    btw I'm also an owner of an Innova
    The only downside I could say is the Turbo Lag
    on acceleration(really annoying)
    I can say the innova's 3rd row is spacious for people with
    a height of 5'9
    And the Innovas topspeed is 180km/h for the petrol fed one
    and 163 km/h on the diesel one
    the carens is a nice MPV despite of having low ground clearance
    especially the V6 version in Canada
    I read in TGP that the Carens was meanth as competition to the Avanza, not the Innova. The Innova is way bigger. So, in a way, the obvious choice here is the Innova.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to own a 2007 Carens and of course would recommend it versus the innova.

Pros for Carens:
    Looks smaller than innova but has better legroom.
    Better luggage space when the 2nd & 3rd row seats are fold flat. It easily accommodated 2 balikbayan boxes, 2 big sized maleta & 2 regular maleta.
    Most comfortable when the 3rd row seats are fold flat. 5 adults, 5 golf bags, 5 garments bag, 50 kilos of pineapple on a tagaytay to makati trip. No one complained except me as the driver being annoyed by the snoring of my 4 passengers!
    Has a more powerful 2.0 crdi (07 model) than the 2.4 did, faster too! I even did'nt notice that I was going 200kmh
    FC is 10kpl for city & 12kpl for highway. I even logged a maximum 14kpl, during one of my slex-nlex-sctex traffic free trip.

Cons for Carens:
    Lower resale value due to typical "ay kia pala yan" mindset of buyers
    Puny luggage room when 3rd row seat is up
    Lower ground clearance!
    2nd row ac vent is "almost" useless

I would love to keep the Carens but had to sell it after 5 years as part of my company benefit to get a Montero. I was actually contemplating of keeping it and just get a smaller P750k-ish sedan, but my parking could only allow 1 car.

Note: i sometimes drive our company vehicle innova that's why i have an actual experience of the comparison i stated.

Peace...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post
    I beg to disagree on the highlighted part. The carens is lighter, has more horsepower (134hp vs 102hp of the innova) and has loads more of torque (330nm vs 200nm Innova). Both the new 1.7 and older 2.0 Carens CRDI can go beyond 200km/h. I have yet to see an Innova going beyond 180km/h.

To the recent forumer who also has the same dilemma, yes the Innova is still the safer choice. I would peg the carens as a "want" and not like an Innova which falls into the "need" category.
    I 2nd this. When I was in the market for a new car, I considered the Innova. But on 2nd thought, it did not have that ooomph that I want in a car. Yun bang "smile factor" na I will be proud of the car & will be the first thing I look at in the morning & last I look at before I sleep. The Carens has that.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jella101282 View Post
    Hi,

Between Innova and Carens, I would suggest Innova for fuel consumption most probably for diesel estimated it's 11-12 km per liter city driving depends on your manner of driving and road condition. Space it's much comfortable compare to Carens. Lower maintenance cost and durability is with Toyota for the longest time. I can help you with the packages and our promos if you don't mind and give some details of Toyota Innova. You can e-mail me at jellalapitanrivera*yahoo.com

Thank you and God Bless.
    A biased opinion since you are a Sales Agent. I don't think the Innova can beat the Carens in fuel economy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast