New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    contemplating which of the two is good for a daily drive, weekend carrier or simply all - around vehicle.

thank you.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Go for diesel, you'll be saving up to P12 per liter plus the lower fuel consumption. It just needs proper maintenance, regular change oil and clean diesel fuel. If you're getting one now, you might want to wait as Toyota's releasing a facelift in the coming months.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Go for diesel, you'll be saving up to P12 per liter plus the lower fuel consumption. It just needs proper maintenance, regular change oil and clean diesel fuel. If you're getting one now, you might want to wait as Toyota's releasing a facelift in the coming months.
    thanks sir. how long shall i wait for the new innova to come? will it have the 140+hp rating? on its powerplant? what could be the big difference between the gas vs diesel innova except for the fuel cost savings?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I used to have a gas innova, power is definitely wanting, not to mention the higher fuel consumption vs the diesel variant. You actually get 2 great advantages with the diesel, power and fuel savings. And if you plan on selling your innova someday, diesel definitely has a higher resale value.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Innova's VVTi engine has only 136hp and 182Nm, and this is a heavy vehicle with a body on frame chassis which makes it heavier than most 4x4 compact SUVs out there with similarly sized engines. I haven't personally driven a VVTi Innova yet, but I have driven a 1st generation Escape XLT 4x4 A/T with similar power figures (130hp, 183Nm) and a pretty much similar curb weight at 1515kg (1585kg for the Innova G VVti A/T) and this is one very underpowered car. And surely fuel mileage isn't gonna be great either for the Innova VVTi, especially the A/T variant.

I'd suggest the D4D version. Even in its current state of tune, this engine is perfectly adequate for the Innova, making it economical and quick as well. There hasn't been any rumors about the new 144hp engine found in the new Hilux going to the Innova yet, but there's a big chance of this happening so it may be wise to wait for a few months before arriving at your decision.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i'm driving an innova e gas a/t and i can say that i can propel quite fairly without too much toll on the petrol. down-side ng petrol nga lang is the fluctuating price of petrol but it'd need just 4 liters of oil every 5,000 km whereas a diesel engine needs more than 4 liters of oil every 5,000 km... not to mention that diesel engine oil is more expensive per liter.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    gas variant needs less than 6 liters ( ~5.5) while the d4d around 7 liters.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    thanks for the input guys. well . . . i guess, it would be a good idea to wait for a month or two for the new innova to come. and see if the 144hp is on its powerplant.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    sabi nga daw, matipid nga yung innova d4d, my friend owns a toyota innova v d4d, 500php can reach from laguna to manila back and forth, parang isuzu crosswind din e, may sobra pa,
    yun nga lang medyo may kabigatan ng konti pagdating sa maintenance ang 2KD-FTV common rail diesel kasi, unlike gas the 1TR-FE its easy to maintain at cheap ang parts, the downside is high cost of gasoline at medyo may kalakasan mag-consume dahil mabigat ang kaha para sa makina.

It doesn't worth to get a gasoline-powered when you can get a diesel Innova. Not just because of the fuel-efficiency, but also because of the low-end torque will give you a better throttle response.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova: Gas or Diesel