New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    how come may mga a/t na corollas na binebenta dito sa classifieds ng tsikot?
    as what i've said sir, 1.3 models lang ang walang automatic transmission. pag 1.6 models, meron.

170kphlang,

yes sir merong lumabas na 1.6 GLi at 1.8 SEG na Altis. (AE111 "love life" body)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The GLI is the top of the line variant 97 Corolla. It has power steering, windows, mirrors, body colored bumpers and grills . The XE variant is more likely the Gli but it has 1.3 engine. The windows and mirrors are not powered, but it has optional body colored of black bumpers. The XL is the base it popular among taxi operators and it's not power steering.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    The GLI is the top of the line variant 97 Corolla. It has power steering, windows, mirrors, body colored bumpers and grills .
    + body color on side mirror and door handle,kasama pa ata body molding ito

The XE variant is more likely the Gli but it has 1.3 engine. The windows and mirrors are not powered, but it has optional body colored of black bumpers
    di ba power steering na ito (XE model )?

The XL is the base it popular among taxi operators and it's not power steering
    yes this is the lowest variant .IIRC ..without tach and stereo ,black bumpers,door handle.side mirrors

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    + body color on side mirror and door handle,kasama pa ata body molding ito

di ba power steering na ito (XE model )?

yes this is the lowest variant .IIRC ..without tach and stereo ,black bumpers,door handle.side mirrors
    the 93-94 Corolla XL didnt have a stereo as standard. the 95-97 models has a fujitsu ten tape deck/tuner with two speakers as standard.

for the XE model, 93-94 models have the kenwood tape deck, 95-97 models has the fujitsu ten full logic tape deck

on GLi models naman, it has the Alpine tape deck (cd changer ready) from 93-97

late 94 XE and 1.6 GLi has a limited edition variant, which had gold emblems, side body stripe stickers, dash wood panel, cupholders and rear seatbelts as standard.it has the "LIMITED" badge on both the rear doors.

in '95, toyota released the Corolla SE Limited, another version of the 1.6 GLi. it had a different front bumper with the built in foglights, rear spoiler, as well as gold emblems. it also had a Momo Toyota leather steering wheel.

the TRD Sports version of the 1.6 GLi was released in 1996. It had TRD strut bar, TRD hi tension wires, TRD white face gauge with carbon fiber look panel, carbon fiber look dash panel, TRD shift knob,"TRD Stage 1" sticker on both front doors, and "TRD Sports" emblem on the trunk

the 1.6 GLi also had a TOM'S version in late '97-early '98. it had TOM'S front bumper, TOM'S side skirts, TOM'S rear spoiler, TOM'S Barrel muffer,15's TOM'S mags, and "TOM'S VERSION" emblem on the trunk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    very much well said chon!
    galing galing

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pauu View Post
    very much well said chon!
    galing galing
    hehe nabasa at narinig ko lang yun sa mga masters bro! eh yung ae101 mo? galing hollywood toyota yun diba? hehe sorry ot mga boss

welcome to tsikot!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by handyman View Post
    XE is between GLi and XL- 1.3 liter engine, power steering pero manual window and side view mirrow same intrument panel and mags as GLi.
    bumper is body color
    Our 1995 XE had black bumpers, not body color. Perhaps it was an option? I can attest the rest are correct. Our XE had a Sony HU instead of the base stereo of the XL model. The garnish between the tail lights were standard grey too for our XE but my dad replaced it with one from GLi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Our 1995 XE had black bumpers, not body color. Perhaps it was an option? I can attest the rest are correct. Our XE had a Sony HU instead of the base stereo of the XL model. The garnish between the tail lights were standard grey too for our XE but my dad replaced it with one from GLi.
    sir 93-95 XE models have black bumpers as standard. pero you can request to have it in the same color as the body late '95, and 96-97 XE's have body colored bumpers already

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by handyman View Post
    GLi po is top of the line nung time na yon, it has 1.6liter engine, electronic fuel injection(efi), power steening, power windows, side view mirror, and door locks + defogger, yung intrument panel nya may speedomeer and tachometer, mags is alloy, kenwood ang HU

XL is 1.3liter engine (kaburador) pawis steering as in sobrang bigat madevelop ang muscles mo. manu mano and windows and side view mirror at door lock. it comes with steel rims, yung front and rear bumper comes in black walang pintura. intrumet panel has speedometer only. fujitsu ten ang HU

XE is between GLi and XL- 1.3 liter engine, power steering pero manual window and side view mirrow same intrument panel and mags as GLi.
    bumper is body color

I use to drive a GLi but sold it last year, had it for 6 years, best performance IMHO- 9 kms per liter in city driving, 11 Kms on highway.

my wife drives an XE dati and a cousin owns an XL kaya ko po alam. fuel consumption is the same as GLi on my experience. mas maliit ang engine displacement kaya lang karburador kaya siguro pahero.

hope i was of help
    great info handyman.. actually I'm into a search to buy a corolla too pero lovelife body prefered ko and 1.3 XE. After reading above thread, is it also true for 1.3 to have the same gas consumption with GLI (both lovelife body)?? else, dun na ko sa GLI. Kaya lang i've heard na medyo malakas talaga sa gas yung GLI.. appreciate all your inputs guys... and thanks for sharing.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    sir 93-95 XE models have black bumpers as standard. pero you can request to have it in the same color as the body late '95, and 96-97 XE's have body colored bumpers already
    Ah, there you go. Toyota and their options list nga naman. Thanks for clearing it up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Toyota Corolla XE vs. XL vs. GLI