New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Guys

Wigo G or i10 or Mirage GLS or Brio or Swift 1.2 or Picanto???

Need your expert opinion on this cars, I'm planning to buy a supermini. What would you advice?

My target is on efficiency, reliability, and practicality.

Also please indicate issues on those models if they have any, for those how own it and experienced it, not just hear say, or anything you want to say on those models, good or bad. Please be mature in posting.

This thread will not just help me on choosing but also for those planning to buy a supermini with the same models as above as there choices.

Thank in advances

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    If were to choose i will go for
    the swift it is bigger than the competition
    and looks sportier

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go swift! "the poor man's mini cooper" (daw).... because you did not mention price.
    but if you did, i'd suggest the suzuki 800. because it's the cheapest non-chinese. and, according to some quarters, it's "decent enough", for a basic car.
    what do i have? i have a wigo AT. and it's not as fuel-thrifty as one may think.. 8-10 km/li... but coming from a car that does 6-7 km/li, i'm still in shock..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    go swift! "the poor man's mini cooper" (daw).... because you did not mention price.
    but if you did, i'd suggest the suzuki 800. because it's the cheapest non-chinese. and, according to some quarters, it's "decent enough", for a basic car.
    what do i have? i have a wigo AT. and it's not as fuel-thrifty as one may think.. 8-10 km/li... but coming from a car that does 6-7 km/li, i'm still in shock..
    That's to high for a 1.0 liter engine. How many kilometers has it got already?

How's your Wigo doing now, any issues, noises anything?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    8-10 is surprisingly not good. But as they say, the disadvantage of small engines is they need to work harder. But I am surprised that it just averages at that number.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post
    8-10 is surprisingly not good. But as they say, the disadvantage of small engines is they need to work harder. But I am surprised that it just averages at that number.
    8-10 km/li... yespo.. but i was kinda ready for it.. a test driver mentioned it before.. but i chose wigo anyway, because it's a toyota (even if only in name), and because the competition had too many bugs reported (in the internet) by users/owners..
    and my route is full of traffic.. i can't really complain too much about the fuel (in)efficiency..

i am hoping that it will improve after the break-in period.. it's not yet broken in, as my route is hardly 6 km one way..

build issues? considering the price, i shouldn't complain. let's just say, it does what it was designed to do, without fuss..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 23rd, 2014 at 07:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doble na naman!!
    Last edited by dr. d; October 23rd, 2014 at 07:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Need your expert opinion on this cars, I'm planning to buy a supermini. What would you advice?

My target is on efficiency, reliability, and practicality.

Also please indicate issues on those models if they have any, for those how own it and experienced it, not just hear say, or anything you want to say on those models, good or bad. Please be mature in posting????