New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Medyo naging busy the past few days! BTW Thanks for your feedbacks and based on your feedbacks these 2 are the top choices ! Me and my sister decided we will check out the dmax and Hilux. We want to do a test drive first before getting the unit! Were can you suggest to have this done and best for after service thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob23 View Post
    Medyo naging busy the past few days! BTW Thanks for your feedbacks and based on your feedbacks these 2 are the top choices ! Me and my sister decided we will check out the dmax and Hilux. We want to do a test drive first before getting the unit! Were can you suggest to have this done and best for after service thanks!
    goodluck on your choice TS. Kung ano man yun mahalin mo ng todo pero wag ka maging panatiko.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sana makapili pa din si TS despite the flamers that infiltrated his thread. Grabe na talaga mga ibang poster dito sa Tsikot ngayon. Wala na magawa kundi makipagaway. Tsk tsk.

*jacob23, since you mentioned in your previous posts that you will be using the pickup for going to office and occasional out of town trips, suggest to go and see which one is the most comfortable and the one that will suit your lifestyle. Each of those pick-up trucks have their own qualities, strengths, and weaknesses. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will learn to love your car.

I agree DMax is more of a workhorse. The reason why only a few buyers choose this truck is that Isuzu Philippines has failed to equipt DMax with what the market is demanding for. Puro aesthetic mods lang sila. Gusto ng mga Pilipino power. Siyempre dapat sikat. Since the Chevy Colorado is already released, we might be expecting the new DMax soon (or not). Sayang lang if you buy and get outdated immediately.

We own a 2006 Strada and I think this is the lifestyle truck. The design is a hate it or love it affair. Ride comfort is better than most pickups. Another advantage is the carlike cabin. Comfortable for everyday driving even when alone. The truck bed is adequate for that occassional out of town trips with luggage at the back, when dad goes to play golf, trip to the beach, hakot ng furniture, when mom buys some plants, or when the young kids just want to ride at the back strolling around the village with the rear window open. If you come to think of it, ganito lang naman usual gamit natin mga pinoy sa pickup diba? Hehe. Issues naman are minor, reading the forums will somehow make you aware of how to prevent or fix them.

The Hilux naman is a very good choice too for your use. And it also has recently been upgraded/facelifted. Gwapo and macho talaga ang dating. Interior comfort is good because of thick seats. Medyo matagtag lang ng konti ride. Not so much if you are in front though. Bed space is huge, so mas marami ka ma-load compared to the Strada. If you are getting the 2.5L, make sure it is the upgraded version.

Kaya for me it is the Hilux VS Strada for the TS.

Tip lang, don't rely too much on paper specs. You won't need to much power naman if you are gonna be stuck in traffic. And you are not buying a race car. The important thing is that you arrive from point A to B safely. Lahat naman yan matibay since pick-ups are built to be durable. All of them would need proper maintenance and proper driving technique. HTH.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ek2jayvee View Post
    Sana makapili pa din si TS despite the flamers that infiltrated his thread. Grabe na talaga mga ibang poster dito sa Tsikot ngayon. Wala na magawa kundi makipagaway. Tsk tsk.
    This is the most informative post in the past 18 pages, very comprehensive and comparative, sana makita to ng TS. I agree na sana mgupdate na ng engine ng Dmax dito sa pinas, kung hindi siguradong mawawalan na sila ng market share sa pickup segment. This is also a recent thread similar to this and I posted my comments and referred you post rin here:

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...7/#post2021181

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    why i love hilux and strada

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    To the topic starter, buy according to your needs. It's wise to ask for advices online but it's reckless to decide purely on that, lalo na kung ganito na andaming side comments that is really unnecessary. Remember na ang majority naman ng consumers hindi naman forum members dito.

Back when I was still working for Isuzu, we had a survey on why people bought the D-max; it's usually because their first option wasn't available which is normally the Hilux nga or Strada. Usually din ang buyers namin are repeat customers of Isuzu, and what they look for is durability and fuel efficiency, and that's exactly what the D-max is marketed as, never naman nagyabang na malakas umarangkada eh. Kung gusto mo mag 0 to 60 in whatever seconds edi wag ka mag D-max. Di ka talaga cool nun. Aesthetic appeal naman it really depends on the consumer. Most find the Strada ***y, I think its ugly stock, too curvy, ang nipis ng gulong and it's not a "man's" truck, pang binata, pang porma. Two very different demographics kasi, pang business and recently pang papogi na rin para sa chicks haha

But if budget permits you, try out the Ranger. Now that is a pick-up that looks promising, and machooooo. Hilux ako for the added oompf ng power, as well as looks and comfort. Maintenance i think will cancel each other out. Parehong mura naman Toyota and Isuzu. But if your main priority is fuel efficiency, talagang D-max. The trade off is the power nga and the support of the speaking majority here in the forums hahaha. Cheers buddies no hate

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    [QUOTE=kevin3000;2021452]why i love hilux and strada
    [IMG]http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427473_3466702907305_522444099_n.jpg[/

Dapat inedit muna yun pic, tanggalin muna yun bahay na may aircon, para kunwari nasa bundok talaga. Kala mo kasi mataas dun lang pala sa bakuran naglaro ng 4x4 hilux. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    parking lang yan easy ka lang hahaha 5" lift lang naman yan e..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    post ko sa kabila Dmax ni recommend para dito tingin ko Hilux ang bagay sau TS!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob23 View Post
    sir tamang tama merong toyota caravan sa BHS hangang bukas na lang, nakapag test drive na ako ng hilux nung monday, so far ok naman yung comfort, di ko lang sure kung sa rear passenger. saka konti lang naman din kasi lubak sa fort area. alam ko sa dealers walang test drive unit so ito pagkakataon mo, plus makaka kuha ka pa ng discounts.