New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I am planning on buying our first car later this year and because of budget constraints I am choosing between a Mitsubishi Mirage G4 GLX and Toyota Vios J, both MT. I would like to ask how would you assess the value of both cars after 10 years if I plan to sell it then?

I am also thinking if I can squeeze in some more for a Vios E or the new City 1.5 E. Resale value is one of the things I am considering. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Both should have good resale value, but depends on how you use it. Mirage returning good FC and Vios being a "Toyota" But why would you buy a car based on its resale value? After 10 years madami na model ang lalabas bababa pa presyo niyan, honda Sir lang ata alam ko na hindi pa bumababa presyo e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The philosophy of buying a car is that you want to own it and drive it....

Not to buy........ and sell.... Ten years is way down the road to plan for (or even think of), in this time and age....

And besides, no one here knows which is still a better ride after ten years....

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.4K:nerves:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ten years from now? Probably less than 200k each by then. Maybe a few thousand pesos difference between the two cars.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    agree with CVT. napakatagal ng 10 years to think about resale value.

but to give you an idea, browse ******* and check selling prices of cars with model year 2004.

since you plan to own the car for 10 years, choose one that is reliable and at the same time, fun to drive.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks sa mga input mga Sir!

Resale value is not the only thing I considered. Kaya nga na-limit ko na sa dalawang cars na yun ang choices ko. Since pasok naman pareho yung dalawang cars, why not factor in the resale value. From that value marami na rin makukuhang info dun.
    578k kasi yung Mirage G4, 630k naman yung Vios J. 52k difference. Eh baka after ilang years around 100k na difference nung value nila so mas sulit na bilhin yung isa dun. Although malamang Vios pa rin mas mahal nun. I just don't know by how much. Kaya nanghingi ako ng inputs nyo kasi marami na kayong experience. Bago pa lang kasi yung Mirage G4 kaya walang comparison ng resale value niya. Kaya natanong ko na rin kung anong tancha nyo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    while the vios may have a history that you can base your used car figures on, the mirage is a totally new car platform. in my opinion, the used car market value of the mirage in the philippines after 10 years, is "up in the air".
    but if i were the buyer of a car, my main factors to consider would be the driving experience, and reliability and repair-ability.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Only car? Para sa akin City > Vios > Mirage. City's AT trumps the Vios'. Also, the present Vios is not as fuel thrifty as the first two generations.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mike8 View Post
    I am planning on buying our first car later this year and because of budget constraints I am choosing between a Mitsubishi Mirage G4 GLX and Toyota Vios J, both MT. I would like to ask how would you assess the value of both cars after 10 years if I plan to sell it then?

I am also thinking if I can squeeze in some more for a Vios E or the new City 1.5 E. Resale value is one of the things I am considering. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
    Kung iniisip mo ang resale value wag ka ng mag brand new period

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    why worry about resale value 10 years from now?

sa akin.. non issue ang resale value.. ang mahalaga kung paano mo ginamit ang sasakyan at kung magkano nagastos mo sa mga repairs etc for 10 years.. kung nakaka 12K mileage ka per year.. so that's 120,000kms for 10 years and walang major repairs.. yan sulit na sulit na yan.. kahit benta mo na lang nang 100T sasakyan after 10 years.. kasi napakinabangan mo namang mabuti.. compared to say 5K per year.. eh di 50,000kms for 10 years lang yan.. tapos resale value eh nasa 150T.. kahit malaki yung resale value mo nang 50T.. eh 50T kms mo lang naman nagamit kesa don sa una na 120T kms..

just buy the car and use it.. worry about the resale value pag bebenta mo na..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast