New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yup. I've tried the Strada GLS-V on a provincial highway and mas mabilis pa siya sa mga 2-liter sedan, kahit fully loaded. Accelerating from 80-120 kph is so easy.

Sa Ranger parang sakto lang yung power, I really can't say that it's fast. Yung 3.2 though sobrang lakas humatak pero hindi pa rin mas mabilis sa korean diesels.

But yes, the Strada's engine is noisier than the Ranger's, and mapapansin mo 'to from the inside - I could barely hear the Ranger unless I rev past 3k rpm.
    Maganda nga ang high speed performance. Acceleration is very rapid at full throttle (ignoring the lag below 2k rpm). It just goes up and up steadily before losing steam at around 180, where it will require quite a long stretch to go higher up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Strada is faster and more comfortable ride than the Ranger. Better driving position too. The Ranger has more space (both inside and the pickup bed), has a more modern interior, and has way more appeal.

For most people, the looks of the Ranger make it a no-brainer, but for me the engine of the Strada is just much better so it's a tough call. That said, I'd still probably get a Ranger.
    Mas gusto ko drivig position ng ranger being higher tha the strada. Re engine, sa speed yes matulin strada.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Djerms; June 30th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Maganda nga ang high speed performance. Acceleration is very rapid at full throttle (ignoring the lag below 2k rpm). It just goes up and up steadily before losing steam at around 180, where it will require quite a long stretch to go higher up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Sir l, the ranger 2.2 also has that turbo lag hehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For the gurus, which of these two has better handling, i.e., stability, braking, cornering, etc.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    For the gurus, which of these two has better handling, i.e., stability, braking, cornering, etc.
    to be honest since you want a better pickup i choose the all new isuzu dmax! it only has a 2.5 engine but it can outstrip the old 3

wait for the dmax it would be out soon

value for money- strada but old though, still looking good and for me it is a plus

ford- same reliability with strada but long ques much more expensive newer design but ford easily replaces their all new design

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Here we go again.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Here we go again.
    :sleep2: Sta. Fe???

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Owned a 2011 strada glxv and now a 2013 ranger xlt. The rager wins in handling by a mile but what the ranget doesnt have is the suv like comfort of the strada.

Bottomline I pick the ranger (its what I drive now...obviously).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Get the ranger especially the WT. Bare pa lang macho na. hehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I'd choose the wildtrak bec. It has somewhat the American muscle feel. There's no such thing as an American Muscle Pick-up but this car is really a head-turner for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Which one is a better pick up car Mitsubishi Strada Sport V or Ford WildTrak Ranger?