New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, design flaws really. Its not isolated to ZD30s in our market as this was encountered also in other markets back then.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest you get the Pajero as well. Aside from the aforementioned engine problems with early model Patrol, it is also pretty hard to maneuver in tight streets and mall parking. The Pajero's size would be more reasonable, not to mention that as already mentioned, the Patrol doesn't have much interior room despite the huge girth which somewhat defeats the reason of getting such a big car.

The Pajero uses an old school diesel, lesser electronics to get headaches about. If you want more performance out of it, you can do the turbo washer trick many Pajero owner Tsikoteers have been doing and there are many other performance parts available as well.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    IPatrol, it is also pretty hard to maneuver in tight streets and mall parking. The Pajero's size would be more reasonable, not to mention that as already mentioned, the Patrol doesn't have much interior room despite the huge girth which somewhat defeats the reason of getting such a big car.
    The Pajero is cursed with a poor turning radius so parking in tight streets requires several maneuvers just as well.

Pansinin mo lang before kung ilang Pajero ay may gasgas sa mga bumper ends niya (front and back). :D

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    so the patrols with ZD30 engines are the ones with this particular design flaws? i liked the brute stance of the patrol, but i guess its stance alone is not worth the extra headache and worry that i'll have if ever i choose to buy one.

looks like pajero fieldmaster is the popular choice among car enthusiasts, what is its FC figures? city and highway driving. thanks guys!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jei View Post
    so the patrols with ZD30 engines are the ones with this particular design flaws? i liked the brute stance of the patrol, but i guess its stance alone is not worth the extra headache and worry that i'll have if ever i choose to buy one.

looks like pajero fieldmaster is the popular choice among car enthusiasts, what is its FC figures? city and highway driving. thanks guys!
    with me Pajero FM A/T, city/traffic- 7-7.5km to a liter... kapag expressway kaya hanggang 9-9.5km to a liter. hindi matipid pero hindi rin naman malakas.sakto lang.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    with me Pajero FM A/T, city/traffic- 7-7.5km to a liter... kapag expressway kaya hanggang 9-9.5km to a liter. hindi matipid pero hindi rin naman malakas.sakto lang.
    thanks sir! i think that it's actually pretty thrifty for its size and class. what are the things that i have to check when i test drive one?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What Patrol? Safari Y60 GQ?

If that's the model you're refering to, pound for pound, Patrol ako over the Pajero.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajero? Check the vehicle papers as it was a former stats leader in terms of auto theft...

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    *lowslowbenz- no sir, i'm considering the fifth generation patrol Y61.
    *otep- how about in the car itself sir?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a gen II pajero before i went to the patrol. It was a 96 model and nothing failed on that thing. It was reliable. Just ride and drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan Patrol vs Pajero Fieldmaster?