New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    what could be a better workhorse between the two?

Both are good options. But since I already had some experiences with Nissan I would get the Navara instead of the D-Max.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For a workhorse vehicle, I'd suggest the D-Max LT for the best offroading capability, very broad torque plateau and therefore great low and midrange grunt, and also cheaper and more widely available parts.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by david_anthony View Post
    what could be a better workhorse between the two?
    Sir, yang DMax 4x4 LT, yan na ba yung "3.0 TD Intercooler" ang nakasulat as emblem ng pickup? Ang makina niyan sir ay ang 3.0-litre Ddi-iTEQ 4JJ1-TC Standard.
    ....Ito ba yung mas mababa, simple, magandang tignan at sadyang pang-harabas ang dating?

Basta Isuzu sir, pang-harabas ok yan. Ang prueba ko diyan sir ay tatlong Isuzu na sasakyan na both personally-owned and one being used as isa sa mga service vehicles namin sa exploration-mining works dito sa oversea job ko.

Ang lumang 4x2 DMax LS "3.0 TD Intercooler" namin ay nakaka-300,000 km na mahigit, malakas pa rin gaya ng dati (yung "Maroon" ang kulay sir).

Lagari ito Manila-Pangasinan-Manila dahil sa business nila misis. Maging gayun din sir ang Isuzu Crosswind ni misis na mahigit 300,000 km na din ang viaje at ito naman ay Manila-Laguna-Batangas-Manila ang viaje. Naka -assign sa isang sales agent na ngaun itong Crosswind at ubod daw ng tibay wika nga ng ahente.

Ito namang lumang 4x4 DMax LS "3.0 TD Intercooler" din namin na gamit dito sa overseas ay sadyang napaka-tibay. Ito ay arkila lamang at ng nakuha namin ito ang viaje nito ay 334,000 km na

Abuso sa amin ito sir ---- Karga ng mga sample drillcores na galing sa mga drilling rigs, baba minsan ng underground para magkarga ng mga channel sample cuts, araw-araw at tanging Linggo lang pahinga. Ni-isang sira sir wala kaming naranasan. Sa akyatan at kargahan napakalakas at walang hinihindihan na rough road kahit maputik. Maganda ang 4x4 ng DMax sir. Ngayon, nakaka-355,000 km na ito. Ang maintenance nito ay kada-5000 km at mine-maintain sa casa ng nagpapa-arkila.

Mag-Isuzu DMax ka sir at tiyak, ganito din sir mawi-witness mo basta conscious ka lang sa mga regular and preventive maintenance mo kada 5000 km.

Goodluck on your choices!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    why not include FORD wild trak?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Those trucks are both reliable and dependable, you have nothing to loose on your choice whichever you may pick, on my past evaluations here are my comments about the two trucks.

OVER-ALL They are both fuel-efficient and low-maintenance (but in over-all D-max is the easiest and cheap to maintain among other pick-up in the market 2nd is the Navarra.

SUSPENSION Navara has the 8 cross member ladder suspension that is unmatched to the other trucks chassis in the market if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, D-Max shares a platform in several GM favorite mid-size trucks in the U.S. GM is one popular producers of long-lasting trucks in the U.S like the Chevy Colorado which has the same platform of D-max. So, D-max's suspension is also a big impact to consider.

PERFORMANCE
    Of course, Navara win in this, producing a 174 hp and 403N-m of torque (41kg-m) * 2000 rpm compare to D-max which can only whip a 161hp and 360 N-m of torque to be exactly (sorry, I forgot on what rpm). That's why navara is great for hauling bulk of cargos because of it's pulling power. Aside from pulling power it is also a high speed truck at highways (as usual having 6 speed trans is a great difference among the other vehicles). But don't worry about the d-max, I think it engine specs is enough to carry heavy cargos but with some quite difference compare on how Nav's run itself on inclines or straight paths with loads.

CON's of the two trucks. On D-Max I found it to be an "OVERPRICED" since it is only has a old-school diesel technology , on Navara, well common among CRDi equipped engine to be a picky in fuel and expensive spare parts if got broke common among CRDI diesel unlike the d-max kahit dun sa tingi-tingi or bote-bote lang, ok na and it easy to fix since it was produced by popular diesel engine maker, there are so many mechanics around knows how to overhaul Isuzu.( sa jeep pa lang e)

sir, it's up to you, better test drive both trucks to find out who can make you satisfy when it comes to power, comfort et al. My friend got a Navara on the other hand my aunt picked the D-max, iba-iba naman kasi ang taste ng buyers e, like you. baka mamaya meron kang hindi magustuhan dun sa isa, o kaya makulangan ka naman dun sa isa. It's up to you on how to rate those trucks by an actual test drive.

Have a nice day!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Siguro po ang hanap ni sir yung pinaka basic at no-nonsense na workhorse vehicle, which the Ranger does not have. At least in 4x4 TDCi form.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    Those trucks are both reliable and dependable, you have nothing to loose on your choice whichever you may pick, on my past evaluations here are my comments about the two trucks.

OVER-ALL They are both fuel-efficient and low-maintenance (but in over-all D-max is the easiest and cheap to maintain among other pick-up in the market 2nd is the Navarra.

SUSPENSION Navara has the 8 cross member ladder suspension that is unmatched to the other trucks chassis in the market if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, D-Max shares a platform in several GM favorite mid-size trucks in the U.S. GM is one popular producers of long-lasting trucks in the U.S like the Chevy Colorado which has the same platform of D-max. So, D-max's suspension is also a big impact to consider.

PERFORMANCE
    Of course, Navara win in this, producing a 174 hp and 403N-m of torque (41kg-m) * 2000 rpm compare to D-max which can only whip a 161hp and 360 N-m of torque to be exactly (sorry, I forgot on what rpm). That's why navara is great for hauling bulk of cargos because of it's pulling power. Aside from pulling power it is also a high speed truck at highways (as usual having 6 speed trans is a great difference among the other vehicles). But don't worry about the d-max, I think it engine specs is enough to carry heavy cargos but with some quite difference compare on how Nav's run itself on inclines or straight paths with loads.

CON's of the two trucks. On D-Max I found it to be an "OVERPRICED" since it is only has a old-school diesel technology , on Navara, well common among CRDi equipped engine to be a picky in fuel and expensive spare parts if got broke common among CRDI diesel unlike the d-max kahit dun sa tingi-tingi or bote-bote lang, ok na and it easy to fix since it was produced by popular diesel engine maker, there are so many mechanics around knows how to overhaul Isuzu.( sa jeep pa lang e)

sir, it's up to you, better test drive both trucks to find out who can make you satisfy when it comes to power, comfort et al. My friend got a Navara on the other hand my aunt picked the D-max, iba-iba naman kasi ang taste ng buyers e, like you. baka mamaya meron kang hindi magustuhan dun sa isa, o kaya makulangan ka naman dun sa isa. It's up to you on how to rate those trucks by an actual test drive.

Have a nice day!
    Just to clarify, the local D-Max actually has only 146hp*3800rpm and 294Nm*1400-3400rpm (nakakapagtaka because the Alterra, having the same engine, is advertised as having 315Nm).

Although the figures may seem paltry as compared to the Navara, you must consider that the Navara's power is mostly concentrated at the high end of the rpm range and is rather weak on the low-end which would indicate great highway performance but inferior low end pulling power. And then again, the D-Max is no slouch, even with low performance figures, many owners have breached the 200km/h mark already.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Siguro po ang hanap ni sir yung pinaka basic at no-nonsense na workhorse vehicle, which the Ranger does not have. At least in 4x4 TDCi form.
    di kaya nakaka-offend ka sa mga Ford ranger owner esp. dun sa may mga wildtrak at trekker? kung sa bagay may point ka sir.GtTi, boring nga daw ang Ranger, parang pang-urban driving lang siya, it's like how the way you drive sedan para ganun lang din sa ford ranger....medyo bihira ang nag-ooffroad unlike strada and nav's. in short it's like a ford focus on atruck body. sedan pero truck...yung tipong ganun.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ depende lang sa gumagamit. Ford dito sa amin eh pang-harabas din pero yung mga bushing at ibang pang-ilalim hindi kasing tibay ng Toyota hilux. Toyota at Isuzu pa din pinaka-matibay na pang-ilalim IMO. Followed by Strada.

Pero sa needs ni TS, Hilux isusuggest ko tapos Dmax bago Navarra. Pero yung navarra may lifting kit, 2nd option ko yun.

Pang-harabas eh tsaka madami kargahan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
nissan navara brute or isuzu dmax lt 4x4