New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Fiesta ako for both FE and style... The Vios gets you FE but no style. The EX gets you style (although the interior sucks) but no FE... And hey the Fiesta is a Top Gear favorite hehehe...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    get the vios bro

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    So would you suggest I'd go for the Toyota Vios? am really confused talaga sa choices kung vios naman 1.5G MT lang, budget wise

I am noticing that you are choosing M/T variants of the cars listed.

You think it is wise in terms of personal comfort during the typical traffic we get in the metro manila? (or do you live outside metro manila where traffic is not as bad?)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fiesta is superior to the Vios except in rear seat space, where it feels small due to the roofline. The Mazda2 is nearly equal to the Vios in terms of rear seat space and the 1.5 MT is fantastic to drive. Both the Fiesta and the Mazda2 have huge trunks compared to the Toyota.

You really shouldn't discount Honda. The Jazz and City are really in a class of their own when it comes to usable space and power for their size. Biggest seating space, biggest trunks, most powerful engines. Handling not quite as good as the Mazda2, but still very, very good. If you're getting an MT, you'll be happy with a Jazz 1.3 MT. ( I know your other choices are sedans, but the Jazz has better passenger space and more useful cargo space than anything else out there...)

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    Well...I've heard that Ford parts has been known to be expensive. Talked to a friend in the gym kanina and he said it depends daw sa model. I dunno if it's true.
    Really does depend on the model. The more common Fords are easy to get parts for. Certain cars, like the Focus TDCi, have expensive parts. US-made Fords (like the Expe) have parts that aren't necessarily too expensive, but are very hard to source (needs to be imported).

The Fiesta is Thai-made, and Ford is bringing in parts for it. They promise the parts will be affordable... but of course... iba ang "affordable" sa casa compared to outside.
    Last edited by niky; November 3rd, 2010 at 10:03 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I'd suggest you get the Vios since there are stocks at most toyota dealers and you have more choices in terms of color and trim.

The Fiesta has a long waiting list you'll have to wait more than 30 days since it has a very high demand. The ford plant in thailand can't supply that many units to the philippines...

And lastly resale and depreciation; TOYOTA > FORD.....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    did you not consider the mazda2?

pero for me, vios 1.5G since you want MT (kahit common na sya sa streets)...fiesta MT comes in lower end variants.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    did you not consider the mazda2?

pero for me, vios 1.5G since you want MT (kahit common na sya sa streets)...fiesta MT comes in lower end variants.
    If you can afford a Fiesta, it's better to choose the Fiesta than the Mazda2.

Consider the Mazda2 as the Fiesta's cheaper/affordable version with less toys too.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But then the Mazda 2 has very weak engines compared to their Ford counterpart. Many reviews have pointed out that the difference in power between the 2 and even just the Yaris (4hp difference) is easily noticeable, let alone a 17hp difference and a double clutch transmission.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I am noticing that you are choosing M/T variants of the cars listed.

You think it is wise in terms of personal comfort during the typical traffic we get in the metro manila? (or do you live outside metro manila where traffic is not as bad?)
    Yup! I'm cebu based.

Considering vios cuz I can do a lot of things with it (with respect to customizations)

Honestly, I just considered the Fiesta cuz of its looks and FE, vios isn't an eye catcher since its common and more over its looks. Didn't really thought about the resale value though. Alot of my friends really want me to buy vios and also my family. (Fans kac Toyota haha), really wanted something new and also eye catching even on stocks. FE wise/looks/maintenance/parts.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I find the Vios to be terribly cramped with very little headroom and legroom. And I'm just 5"10, my hair (raised) is pushing against the ceiling already.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Need Help in Deciding Ford/Toyota/Mistusbishi (Fiesta vs Vios vs LancerEX)