New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    Hmm... How much naman ung top of the line sir? ung Powershift dual clutch transmission?
    Ford Fiesta 1.6L 5door Sport (powershift DCT) = P816T

Downside, rear seating is very cramp and no actual data yet on long term ownership costs (maintenance, repairs, etc).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 3rd, 2010 at 01:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ....Lancer is 2.0 so sure ako na its not fuel efficient hehe

Well, if you can believe manufacturer claims (like the one for the Fiesta), the Lancer EX GLX can do 13+ km/L fuel mileage.

I have a Lancer EX GLS CVT. On days (sunday / holidays) with light traffic in the city, the dashboard trip computer reads around 10 to 11.5 km/L fuel mileage. Other owners have done better.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 3rd, 2010 at 01:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, if you can believe manufacturer claims (like the one for the Fiesta), the Lancer EX GLX can do 13+ km/L fuel mileage.

I have a Lancer EX GLS CVT. On days (sunday / holidays) with light traffic in the city, the dashboard trip computer reads around 10 to 11.5 km/L fuel mileage. Other owners have done better.

Good point.

Well...I've heard that Ford parts has been known to be expensive. Talked to a friend in the gym kanina and he said it depends daw sa model. I dunno if it's true.

I'm just scared talaga sa cost sa parts and check ups. Other than those concerns I wouldn't have second thoughts of Fiesta.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Good point.

Well...I've heard that Ford parts has been known to be expensive. Talked to a friend in the gym kanina and he said it depends daw sa model. I dunno if it's true.

I'm just scared talaga sa cost sa parts and check ups. Other than those concerns I wouldn't have second thoughts of Fiesta.
    ford is slowly but surely doing that, punta ka sa ford escapezone, dami reklamo dun ngaun sa ford escape na tumataas ang maintenance and parts. imagine an almost 10 yr. old suv, tumataas pa parts

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ford is slowly but surely doing that, punta ka sa ford escapezone, dami reklamo dun ngaun sa ford escape na tumataas ang maintenance and parts. imagine an almost 10 yr. old suv, tumataas pa parts
    So would you suggest I'd go for the Toyota Vios? am really confused talaga sa choices kung vios naman 1.5G MT lang, budget wise

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    By the way...One of the reasons why I'm not into Honda is of expensive parts...I don't really know much of Honda's maintenance and parts. (as per a friend) So correct me if I'm wrong guys

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    dati ganyan din mindset ko pagdating sa Honda when it comes to parts and maintenance expenses noon ... pero ngayon hindi na...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    dati ganyan din mindset ko pagdating sa Honda when it comes to parts and maintenance expenses noon ... pero ngayon hindi na...
    Sure ka ba sir??? Kasi 1st choice talago ko is Honda City...para na bang Toyota Prices ung parts at maintenance??

Comparing Ford and Honda...San ba mas cheap?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The Civic FD we bought back in 2006 was our first Honda car. We decided to try this para maiba naman from our usual pick of Mitsu and Toyota (play-safe lagi). The gamble worked for us naman and we can say na exagerrated lang yung na-gather namin info about Honda before, tinawanan nalang namin. I felt a little bad lang noong 2008 nung lumabas yung Lancer EX and until now cguro kung wala akong ibang priorities naibenta ko na yung FD and got the GT-A...

Right now nasa akin na yung FD and wala parin ako qualms about the maintenance costs even me mga design flaws siya na honestly hindi ko na napagtuuan ng pansin (like the engine support among others). It feels solid parin after 4 years and 5 months at 57k kms.

I'm gathering info right now as my folks are getting a sub compact soon and we're leaning towards the 1.5 Jazz pero as usual on the hunt parin kame.

Sorry para nako nag kuwento kay Charo.

The City for me is a good car, I don't care if its common na. I think mas madali yan i-maintain... my suggestion sa choices mo, don't write off Honda just yet. Good hunting!

Frankly we never bothered about Ford...
    Last edited by cjv_justice; November 3rd, 2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: text speak

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    The Civic FD we bought back in 2006 was our first Honda car. We decided to try this para maiba naman from our usual pick of Mitsu and Toyota (play-safe lagi). The gamble worked for us naman and we can say na exagerrated lang yung na-gather namin info about Honda before, tinawanan nalang namin. I felt a little bad lang noong 2008 nung lumabas yung Lancer EX and until now cguro kung wala akong ibang priorities naibenta ko na yung FD and got the GT-A...

Right now nasa akin na yung FD and wala parin ako qualms about the maintenance costs even me mga design flaws siya na honestly hindi ko na napagtuuan ng pansin (like the engine support among others). It feels solid parin after 4 years and 5 months at 57k kms.

I'm gathering info right now as my folks are getting a sub compact soon and we're leaning towards the 1.5 Jazz pero as usual on the hunt parin kame.

Sorry para nako nag kuwento kay Charo.

The City for me is a good car, I don't care if its common na. I think mas madali yan i-maintain... my suggestion sa choices mo, don't write off Honda just yet. Good hunting!

Frankly we never bothered about Ford...
    Thanks for the story sir, Hmm...actually I fell inlove with the Fiesta (exterior/interior). I'm looking for fuel efficient cars (para practical). at the same time it looks good. Considering also the maintenance cost. I love the review on vios BUT its so common (not that I'm complaining), Wala talaga ako na inlove sa interior/exterior. But it is an efficient car and the price is right for a 1.5G MT. City Driving lang talaga ang target ko (Home/Office/Nights Out). I also love to customize, like bigger rims and change the bumper + spoilers. hehe lowered 1.5 inches woohoo dami naman wishes, (not too ricey). ^_^ I'm actually considering City (was my 1st choice after all).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Need Help in Deciding Ford/Toyota/Mistusbishi (Fiesta vs Vios vs LancerEX)