New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi! Need your advice and opinions regarding 3 cars. all manual tranny.
    Ford Fiesta Trend 1.5 Hatchback
    Kia Rio EX 1.4
    Hyundai Accent 1.4 S

We already talked to different agents but we're still undecided on what to purchase. the car will be used on 50% highway drive and 50% city drive.

major concerns are:

Safety
    fuel consumption
    Maintenance and reliability
    power & performance
    space and also looks.

Ford Fiesta is the top choice, interior and exterior is nice. but upon seeing the unit in flesh, i was kinda disappointed on the backseat and it's legroom. I'm also concerned on passenger comfort.

Kia Rio EX has Decent looks and impressive interior IMO. 6 speed tranny is a plus especially on highway drives. But I'm afraid of knocking issues since Rio still uses the old Gamma engine. ( same with the previous accent that has knocking issues) though I haven't heard any knock knock issues with this car. Rio is also spacious ( at par with the accent)

Hyundai accent S is "pogi" among the three IMO. The accent also has the most features. 6 speed is also a good deal. Its like a mini elantra. hehe. it also uses the newer kappa engine if i'm not mistaken so that means no more knocking issues na ba?

Right now we're more inclined with the rio.

PS. I did not include the vios because we already have one. we want to try something different. but It's really one hella reliable car. No Doubt. 39K kms on a 1year 7months car is no joke hehe. hands down.

so which is which? Your inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Have you considered the Jazz MT or City MT among your choices? Both offer decent interior space and adequate power. Among your three options, I'd go with the Fiesta.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Tough one! But if I were to rank your choices, it would be Accent, Rio and Fiesta.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    thanks for your replies.

*Egan101
    yes, we already considered the city and the jazz. both looks more upscale IMO. however, we've narrowed our choices to accent, rio and fiesta.

*charwhacko
    how come the fiesta is last on your list? hehe. i noticed that your avatar is a white fiesta. so I'm assuming you own one

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Carwhacko drives a Fiesta Ecoboost. Take it for a test drive, you might end up driving one also.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    i did some backreading and research here in tsikot. some say na may horror stories sa fiesta. i dunno if its true. others said that it was posted sa fcp. hindi ako member dun so di ko pa nababasa. i really want the fiesta ecoboost but i prefer MT so the trend is okay for me na. ang ganda lang talaga ng features ng TOTL fiesta. sayang lang talaga kasi hindi siya ganun kaluwag and space is priority also. pero still considering it

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alps94 View Post
    i did some backreading and research here in tsikot. some say na may horror stories sa fiesta. i dunno if its true. others said that it was posted sa fcp. hindi ako member dun so di ko pa nababasa. i really want the fiesta ecoboost but i prefer MT so the trend is okay for me na. ang ganda lang talaga ng features ng TOTL fiesta. sayang lang talaga kasi hindi siya ganun kaluwag and space is priority also. pero still considering it
    If you can take the Fiesta 1.5L MT and 1.0L Ecoboost for a test drive, then do so. You might end up taking home the Ecoboost. If you're priority is space with an MT tranny in a subcompact, the Jazz MT is a better alternative. Another option is the Accent CRDi MT.
    Last edited by Egan101; November 26th, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Go with the fiesta.you wont regret it! from a fiesta mt owner.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    sayang kung trend MT ang kukunin mo instead of the trend AT, although mas panget ang transmission ng AT. Foglights kasi tsaka yung features ng head unit wala dun sa MT but siguro worth compromising na for a smoother drive. The fiesta is the most fun out of the three, and kung siguro 4 people lang ang madalas sakay niyo the space at the back shouldn't be too much of a problem. PS we own a trend AT ourselves.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    accent crdi mt. the a/t can do better than 22 km/L combined city/hiway, so expect a little bit more from the m/t. and that torque. what else can be described as a frugal pocket rocket, wala na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast