New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    sir pa help nmn po..pahingi nmn po ng opinion nyo sa montero sport non-vgt..thanks..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Take all the feedback about the VGT Montero, and make it slightly slower and without the annoying torque ramp up. That's basically it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Take all the feedback about the VGT Montero, and make it slightly slower and without the annoying torque ramp up. That's basically it.
    Sir Niky is right! Thats what I did. I read all the posts here re: Montero from 2010-2012. After reading, I pulled the trigger. Bought a Savanna White GLX Non-vgt. Like mine, I only have a problem with the alarm, but due for Casa check up because its almost 1000km. Still a montero for the price of Innova G and Isuzu Sportivo.

There maybe negative feedbacks here about the alarm, MID/AVT, black smoke and etc but I think its kind of normal that you cannot expect 100% perfection from your expectations. And as far as what I read, these imperfections were resolved.

Three things sold me the glx MT monty compared to its closest low end competitor.
    1) Looks better,
    2) more power
    3) cheaper

Although its not VGT, if you want more torque and hp, play it like VTEC. Drive using the about 2000rpm range (used to do this with my sisters 2009 MT strada, i like it).

Again, its just me!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    www.motioncars.com - The Philippine Car Buyer's Guide Since 1998!

hi! they have a review of the old GLS model which is basically, the current non VGT Montero GLX variant.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    No regrets getting non vgt at. Just had my 5k pms and fc us not that bad 11kms/l. Engine's performance is just about right coming from civic fd.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I think, if you're not on racing mode most of the time, the non-VGT's power and torque should suffice. It should still be more powerful than the 2.5L Fortuner which many are already happy with.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I think, if you're not on racing mode most of the time, the non-VGT's power and torque should suffice. It should still be more powerful than the 2.5L Fortuner which many are already happy with.
    Ditto. 2.5D4d beating already. The VGT however is Grand Starex/Fortuner V/Navarra eating hehehehe Still no Sorento/Santa Fe challenging though

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    yan talaga value for money. People nowadays should get that diesel SUV. fuel efficient tapos durable diesel and maporma pa.

hedge from inflation yan car na yan. Guaranteed wala masyado gastos sa pangilalim, and the car has the potential to be a keeper car. Lalo ngaun pamahal ng pamahal bilihin and people are overpopulating, more demand mean more inflation. Eh di tamang-tama ang point A to B car that not only commands presence sa roads durable pa.

why Buy those new Mazda CX5 or Subaru XV, na sigurado inflation trap. It may look good now but a year from now, when it lost its brand new novelty, gastos na yan sa gas as well as maint.

Diesel suvs age very well. Kahit nagluluma matipid pa din, even the aircon power bec Sulit bec diesel with high torque, di gano hirap and aircon. Eh ang aircon kaya ngaun madali masira lalo na sa daily bumper traffic. Yun Sorento na entry level gas, yun ang pinaka magatos in the long run, coz big body na tapos gas pa.

Mitsu Montero tingin ko hall of famer na yan - akmang-akma sa Phil. Setting. Yun Crosswind ok din sana, kaya Lang AuV eh. Sulit tlaga Montero non-VGT a sa kanya na lahat

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Ditto. 2.5D4d beating already. The VGT however is Grand Starex/Fortuner V/Navarra eating hehehehe Still no Sorento/Santa Fe challenging though
    Assuming their owners want to. And if they can get past the initial smoke on some units when they floor it.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Monte glx is a great suv.although non vgt, but it is a great value for money when you compare its price with the sportivo and the innova e and g models.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast