New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    My sister is planning to buy a car around September/October and she's been thinking if its going to be the ASX or Civic. She praised the Civic for having a good interior, however she liked the ASX due to the "Rav4" type version, since she owned a Toyota Rav4 before.

What do you guys think? Ups and downs for the cars? Thanks!

-----------------------
    And guys I'm selling by Mitsubishi Strada; any interested buyers or who can help me? Willing to give a commission. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ASX, better ground clearance.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ASX for the reason that it is a CUV, just like your sister's former ride (Rav4.) Plus the current generation Civic is rumored to be replaced soon by its next generation.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Agree ako sa asx, looks better and has more features.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    recently got my asx...

If you compare the asx to a 2.0 compact car... the asx will have the upper hand, ground clearance, utility, versatility and freshness of a latest body.

if you compare the asx to any CUV... it will have its short comings... lack of space, expensive for its size, etc.

I got mine to replace a compact car so no regrets ako :-) and I like it for being small and not common...

the only complain for me is that I find it very slow off the line... kung moving start okay lang... I guess its due to the CVT... does not like to rev also (I like driving hard)... no issues for regular driving...

big plus, very good mileage... I get 8Km/L (city driving)... with my other 2.0 Liter cars, same route, same conditions, I get 6.5Km/L

just my 2 cents

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *cta2, is your asx the 4x2 or 4x4 model?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BautistaRJ View Post
    My sister is planning to buy a car around September/October and she's been thinking if its going to be the ASX or Civic. She praised the Civic for having a good interior, however she liked the ASX due to the "Rav4" type version, since she owned a Toyota Rav4 before.

What do you guys think? Ups and downs for the cars? Thanks!

-----------------------
    And guys I'm selling by Mitsubishi Strada; any interested buyers or who can help me? Willing to give a commission. Thanks.
    Get the ASX nga in this case kung yan lang choices niya.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since the ASX is basically a Lancer on stilts eh di ito nalang. Since it has the sporting characteristics of the Lancer plus the all important high ground clearance. You need it very badly in this country. But then has she already narrowed down her choices to just these two? There are some other great choices out there.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Between just these two, I'd go for the ASX.

Mitsubishi ASX 2.0L GLS 4X2 CVT or Civic 2.0L S AT