New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks for the info bro blue_gambit, are their vehicles which are high-riding but are not to prone to body roll?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jom's View Post
    thanks for the info bro blue_gambit, are their vehicles which are high-riding but are not to prone to body roll?
    Within that body type, drivetrain, and price range, practically none. But you can install anti-roll bars on the Innova and Avanza though.

But in any case, good driving = no rollovers.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yan yung tinatawag na "moose test" where in yung vehicle is subject to sudden change in direction while moving.. anti roll bars wider with low profile tires will help preventing roll overs

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    *roberto_minosa & yapoy86;1484924, thanks bros, research ko yang anti roll bars ...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm no engineer, but in my mind cars with a wider stance would stand a better chance of not rolling over. Maybe that's why they made the military Hummer that wide.

hmm, real eye openers here; while you really don't see cars rolling over every day, one would surely want the roof to stay intact when it does.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    '10 Advie GLS Sport owner here. Partial ako sa Advie because it simply offers more value than the Crosswind. As to the danger of rolling over, driver error naman yun most often, di kasalanan ng sasakyan.

OT: I've raced with an Isuzu Crosswind once, in a provincial highway. Yun bang tipong spontaneous lang, di ako pinapa-overtake, and when i did pass him by, he wanted to overtake also even if his speed wasn't fast before i overtook him. Ayun, 15-20 minutes na ganun, di niya ako mahabol. I just slowed down when i sensed that the other driver may be pissed-off already because he is making stupid maneuvers like trying to catch up with me kahit may oncoming vehicles. Moral lesson: talo ang Crosswind sa Adventure when it comes to speed. He he...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    given that the adventure and crosswind are more or less batchmates, does it mean that the adventure's chassis may not be up to par anymore?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mabilis talaga sa dulo / rekta ang 4d56 compared to 4ja-1. pero arangkada baligtad naman. Pili na lang kung saan gagamitin na priorities and fuel efficiency.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    given that the adventure and crosswind are more or less batchmates, does it mean that the adventure's chassis may not be up to par anymore?
    sir ano po ibig niyong sabihin?

anyway, I am not bias to Adventure even I own one. Crosswind and Adventure, parehas nang napakatagal sa industry ng mga sasakyan na iyan, ika nga, subok na talaga dito sa Manila hehe. The 2 AUVs still standing hehe. Old school pero sumisibak pa rin sa sales.

Yun nga lang, medyo mahal na talaga ang Crosswind compared sa mga Advies so parang mas value for money na ang Advie ngayon unlike before na hindi naman sila gaano nagkakalayo sa presyo way back 2002 kung saan year of the AUVs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm concerned that the adventure's chassis is made up of relatively softer metals...so pag nabangga, baka mapares dun sa crosswind that rear-ended a santa fe...or worse...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mitsubishi Adventure GLS vs. Isuzu Crosswind XL