New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    4ja-1's oil capacity is at 4-41/2 liters depending kung na drain mabuti (di minadali) against 6-1/2 liters of 4d56 n/a

fuel and oil filter cost of 4ja-1 is at less than Php200 * (Bosch brand at authorized dealer) dito pa lang kita na kung kaano katipid ang 4ja-1, bawi kana esp kung high mileage user ka.

yun nga lang ang naging overpriced na compared noon times ng highlander sl/slx/xtrm and the introduction of highlander-crosswind - pinaka mura sila against revo and adventure. timing timing lang

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah especially yung high end Sportivo nasa 1.2M??? WTF!!! A high end Innova V with all the works is less than P1.2M!!!! I think motioncars.com said it best. The Crosswind is like movie sequels. The 1st movie was good, the 2nd was probably also good. But since the movie keeps on making money they just continue to CASH IN. As long as may victims (aka buyers) na kakagat, tuloy tuloy ang pag gagawa ng reruns (aka facelifts) tapos itataas ang presyo na sa totoo lang has been the same car for more than 10 years. Probably even more kasi Hi-Lander days pa yan...

Same with the Adventure, puro na lang sequels and re-runs!

just could not agree more bro, in fact i feel SORRY for our kababayans that still fall into this conception that these vehicles, crosswind and adventure give them the benefit of spending their monies, which in fact they dont get any out of it..for fxxcks sake it's 2010 but still no AIRBAGS??? i mean c'mon time to wake up!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    mga bros I dont know much about cars or driving but planning to buy a car soon, Adventure & Crosswind mabenta talaga sa mga OFW tulad ko and also being around provincial area (Cavite-Batangas), maraming influence saying na we wont go wrong with either Adventure or Crosswind depende sa budget, mas pabor pa nga sila sa sportivo (na tingin ko masyadong mahal) they say both vehicles are tested and proven, a common ride for the masses...

sabi kasi nila lumang makina and kaha bukod sa mas madali ng i-maintain mas mura pa, kesa sa mga bagong modelo with new technology, mahirap ng i-maintain mahal pa tulad ng D4D engines, tanong ko lang mga bro tsikoters is that really true? is it safe to buy this older models than the newer once? saka anong equivalent newer rides nga mga ito, Innova? Grand Livina? Avanza? APV?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by silverend View Post
    just could not agree more bro, in fact i feel SORRY for our kababayans that still fall into this conception that these vehicles, crosswind and adventure give them the benefit of spending their monies, which in fact they dont get any out of it..for fxxcks sake it's 2010 but still no AIRBAGS??? i mean c'mon time to wake up!!!
    Wala tayong magagawa bro talagang as long as people (mostly OFW's) buy they will continue to sell it even though napagiwanan na ng panahon... I doubt these AUV's undergo the same crumple zone techniques in more modern cars... But syempre most OFW's have large families and extended families and these old AUV's are perfect kasi yung 3rd row nila nakaupo sideways (which is not safe by the way) thus accommodating more people versus newer vehicles which have the 3rd row facing forward...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jom's View Post
    is it safe to buy this older models than the newer once? saka anong equivalent newer rides nga mga ito, Innova? Grand Livina? Avanza? APV?
    No, it's not worth it to buy these cars, lack of safety features, old technology. If you can buy a car, make sure you can afford to maintain it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Spacewise get the crosswind (lalo na 2nd row), fc - crosswind,
    Handling,breaking, cornering = Adventure = yeah right! hahaha
    Sa ride comfort Advie maybe ... tsaka interior "Parokya!"

AUV po yang dalawang yan. No way are they going to corner like a car and stop on the dime. Crumple zones, wala talaga. kaya pag nabanga ng kotse head-on ang AUV hindi nga nag ka-crumple kasi me rigid chassis sila. Sa bahaan, nung huli ako lumusong yung advie at ako naka daan. Yung innova huminto, ambaba kasi.

TS consider also where your family resides, is not just about outright performance... to me AUV's are vehicles that you can rely on in the toughest of needs like floods, lipat bahay, outing, shopping etc. etc.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    No, it's not worth it to buy these cars, lack of safety features, old technology. If you can buy a car, make sure you can afford to maintain it.
    thanks for the advise bro, in the price range of Adventure - Crosswind, what do you suggest? APV, Avanza, Grand Livina or Innova?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Spacewise get the crosswind (lalo na 2nd row), fc - crosswind,
    Handling,breaking, cornering = Adventure = yeah right! hahaha
    Sa ride comfort Advie maybe ... tsaka interior "Parokya!"

AUV po yang dalawang yan. No way are they going to corner like a car and stop on the dime. Crumple zones, wala talaga. kaya pag nabanga ng kotse head-on ang AUV hindi nga nag ka-crumple kasi me rigid chassis sila. Sa bahaan, nung huli ako lumusong yung advie at ako naka daan. Yung innova huminto, ambaba kasi.

TS consider also where your family resides, is not just about outright performance... to me AUV's are vehicles that you can rely on in the toughest of needs like floods, lipat bahay, outing, shopping etc. etc.
    brog how safe is a vehicle without crumple zones? being old models mas matibay/mabigat/makapal ba kaha ng mga ito kesa sa mga bago?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Indeed, Crosswinds have their fair share of critics. But it do serve a segment of car buyers. Niche. But apparently substantial din.

Take for example CRDI vehicles.
    Newer technology, fuel efficient, more power.
    But it is relatively expensive to care and maintain.

However, most vehicle distributors are concentrated in \big cities. There are areas where there is no product support---availability of trained mechanics for example.

In short, there is a trade-off. Modernity comes with complexity which in turn comes with diligence with maintenance and costly parts.

Perhaps, to some, the Crosswind (and Adventure) is a more prudent choice.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jom's View Post
    thanks for the advise bro, in the price range of Adventure - Crosswind, what do you suggest? APV, Avanza, Grand Livina or Innova?

brog how safe is a vehicle without crumple zones? being old models mas matibay/mabigat/makapal ba kaha ng mga ito kesa sa mga bago?
    Innova ako sa price range na ito no contest! Avanza why bother if you can have an Innova maskin low end ayos na... APV?? malakas medyo sa gas lalo na kung A/T. GL naman kulang sa ground clerance since I take medyo importante ito sayo...

Without good crumple zones the force of an impact will likely go through the passenger compartment thus impacting the passengers with force. NOT GOOD!

Ito matagal na nangyari pero it demonstrates a Crosswind hitting a Santa Fe from behind. Its just a slow speed hit pero tindi ng damage sa Crosswind. Di yan crumple zone kasi di ganyan ang tupi ng crumple zone (parang sandwich yung tupi nya dapat), ito talaga mahinang klaseng bakal lang talaga not designed with modern techniques of absorbing collision... Grabe yung Santa Fe gas-gas lang...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This is expected. When your vehicle cost 1.5x than the Crosswind, you sure expect it to be the "winner" (less damaged) in a collision.

SUV vs. AUV. No contest talaga.

I would like to know if a similar incident pits an Innova vs. a Crosswind.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mitsubishi Adventure GLS vs. Isuzu Crosswind XL