New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    out of curiosity, what's the average FC?
    8km/L with a lead foot like mine. But with mom around, I get around 9.5, possibly 10 or 10.5. BTW, I live in Bulacan, so I go through the NLEX pretty much all the time.

Get the Adventure! Your family and your butt will thank you for it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm, lately ko lang napansin that the adventure's engine is still distributor type, compared to the xwind's direct injection, turbocharged engine. while both engines are quite old, doesn't the direct injection fuel system have an edge, emissions-wise?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ulit, 4d56 is indirect injection against 4ja-1's direct injection design
    4d56 may glow plugs, 4ja wala kaya tipid sa battery and no need to pre-heat, subok na yan ng mga crosswind owners

An indirect injection diesel engine delivers fuel into a chamber off the combustion chamber, called a prechamber, where combustion begins and then spreads into the main combustion chamber. The prechamber is carefully designed to ensure adequate mixing of the atomized fuel with the compression-heated air. This has the effect of slowing the rate of combustion, which tends to reduce audible noise and softens the shock of combustion and produces lower stresses on the engine components. The addition of a prechamber, however, increases heat loss to the cooling system and thereby lowers engine efficiency and requiring glow plugs for starting. In an indirect injection system the fuel/air mixing occurs with the air moving fast. This simplifies injector design and allows the use of smaller engines and less tightly toleranced designs which are simpler to manufacture and more reliable.

Direct injection, by contrast, uses slow-moving air and fast-moving fuel; both the design and manufacture of the injectors is more difficult, the optimisation of the in-cylinder air flow is much more difficult than designing a prechamber, and there is much more integration between the design of the injector and that of the engine it is to be used in.[1] It is for this reason that car diesel engines were almost all indirect injection until the ready availability of powerful CFD simulation systems made the adoption of direct injection practical.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_injection
    Last edited by XTO; May 28th, 2010 at 12:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir XTO, kumusta naman handling ng xwind? Pagkasabi kasi it "drives like a tub" ayon sa motioncars....that to me would make it more prone to rolling over and such.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Dad's first Crosswind (XTRM) rolled over when the driver avoided a parked truck on a curve's shoulder. Handling really sucks. Excessive body roll and pitch, crappy brakes, too bouncy. It'll be ok if you're not planning on racing. Heh. The Adventure feels a bit more planted, but having smaller, narrower wheels and tires won't help handling.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Handles like a tub!! Tawa naman ako...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sir XTO, kumusta naman handling ng xwind? Pagkasabi kasi it "drives like a tub" ayon sa motioncars....that to me would make it more prone to rolling over and such.

Rolling will definitely depends on the driver's action in relation to the car's capacity at a certain speed. Mine is the first version 2001 medyo same as XTi on the current crosswind line-up. It has a 15" alloy rims with 205/65 compared to the XL's 14" steel 185/80. Handling in sweeping corner is much better compared to the taller, heavier XUV/Sportivo. Tire type will also help kaya binabawi ko na lang sa magandang klaseng tire.

Nga pala, maraming critics ang Crosswind hehe :question:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Just a thought....

The local Honda dealer here has a Crosswind XL service vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    personally i think these two vehicles are ridiculously PRICED, just dont seem WORTH BUYING to me..save a bit and go for MS or FORT,just my advice.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah especially yung high end Sportivo nasa 1.2M??? WTF!!! A high end Innova V with all the works is less than P1.2M!!!! I think motioncars.com said it best. The Crosswind is like movie sequels. The 1st movie was good, the 2nd was probably also good. But since the movie keeps on making money they just continue to CASH IN. As long as may victims (aka buyers) na kakagat, tuloy tuloy ang pag gagawa ng reruns (aka facelifts) tapos itataas ang presyo na sa totoo lang has been the same car for more than 10 years. Probably even more kasi Hi-Lander days pa yan...

Same with the Adventure, puro na lang sequels and re-runs!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Mitsubishi Adventure GLS vs. Isuzu Crosswind XL