New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi, I've been reading most of the comparisons here but I still just had to start my own topic.

I am very much interested in both the cx5 and the forester. Both have their own pros and cons and I'm willing to adapt to either PROVIDED the RELIABILITY is there.

My main concern is therefore their reliability. I currently own a Pajero and I love it. It's a gas model, but I still like it because there are no hidden defects. Unlike when I had an 03 trooper, I hated the experience since I got the lemon. I got the unit which was releasing black, foul smelling smoke even after tuneups.

Which one has a more reliable track record? Better fit and finish?

Ummm... Since we're at it, let me know what your preference is regardless of the reliability factor and why 😄. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Naging Forester vs Fortuner na kasi yung isang thread, wanted sana to confine discussions to the CX and the Forester.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Im with the same dilemma as the TS

CX5 or Forester XT both AWD
    1.685M vs. 1.868M

i know both have pros and cons but im hoping for your inputs guys and gals..

TIA
    Last edited by c_cube; July 15th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    As per SA told me, yung Yojin3 Total care ng mazda covered daw ultimo change oils. Yun nga lang 60k or 3 yrs whichever comes first. Parang ndi justified yung 150-200k price premium nya. But hell, its a mazda. If I were you, I'd get the newer engine technology in mazda.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Both models are quite new since they were just recently introduced in the world market. Reliability questions on both models can only be answered 2-4 years from now after they have been used considerably by their buyers. At the mean time, it's a matter of how good the local dealers (Berjaya for Mazda and MotorImage for Subaru) will be able to service both models.

The new Forester topped the most recent crash tests in the US among compact utility vehicles. The Forester XT is rated among the best in terms of its performance with its powerful 2.0L turbo engine and its quick stride coupled with Subaru's proven AWD capability. On the other hand, the CX5 topped the comparison among the non-turbo compact SUV' (CRV, RAV4, Forester NA, etc).

Please refer below to local articles regarding both cars.

************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: Review: 2013 Subaru Forester XT

************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: First Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD Sport and Mazda6

The author (Ulysses Ang) did mention these words when asked which is the better CUV, "It depends on what you're after. It would be very wrong to compare the Forester XT to the CX-5 AWD Sport even if the prices are very close already. The XT still feels like the sports car of the crossover world, while the CX-5 is more of a sports sedan. If I had the money, I'd still get the XT...I'm kinda biased towards the turbo performance as well as the Subaru tech (it's AWD is still better than the one in the CX-5). That said, the CX-5 is not a bad choice as well."
    Last edited by Egan101; July 16th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks for the links *egan

im really thorn between the 2..

Just having second thoughts because of the 200K price difference, is it worth the extra squeeze?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Just having second thoughts because of the 200K price difference, is it worth the extra squeeze?
    I'm biased towards the Mazda for roads with lots of curves. Nothing beats the kick of a turbo though

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    sa pormahan parang mas maganda un CX5 saka bagong tech sympre Skyactive, para kasing mas maganda un porma nun older version ng XT, pero sympre performance mas lamang un may Turbo, best nyan sir test drive both

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    thanks for the links *egan

im really thorn between the 2..

depends on what you want. if you want raw power and performance none of the XT's competitors can compete against it. i haven't driven the cx-5 awd but from what i've read and heard the cx-5 awd is more comfortable and has better fc compared to the XT. i'd be happy with any of the 2, those are my top choices if i was in the market for a small suv, i'd rather own a cx-5 or xt than a rav4, tucson or cr-v.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Those are 2 excellent choices. I'd suggest listing all the pros and cons of both vehicles and assigning a weight or priority based on your needs.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast