New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi guys! Im an advertising major from DLSU and I'm currently having my thesis regarding Lexus brand. I would just like to ask everybody's opinion on Lexus, and if there are Lexus owners out there would it be possible for us to send our survey to your email? It would really help us in making an advertising campaign for Lexus for our thesis.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi! I just want to ask your opinion regarding these three luxury car brands. Which do you think is the best brand and why? And what's the first most important thing for you when buying a car? Thank you!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What? Mercedes versus Benz? Mercedes-Benz versus BMW siguro ibigsabihin niyo? Ano bang model mismong hinahanap niyo? Yung bago ba o luma? Generally, BMW has the best performance, Mercedes-Benz is the most luxurious, and Lexus is the most economical to maintain (being a Toyota at heart ). Can you elaborate more on your question so we can help you further?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Advertising campaign for Lexus eh? Wow~ Lexus is actually tapping into college folks for their advertising work nowadays? Undoubtedly, Lexus is a maker of excellent performing vehicles that are reliable, economical as high class cars go, and portray the owner as a modest and practical successful person. I don't have a high regard for Lexus though. The qualities found in their cars can be found in their Toyota counterparts and they are just more luxurious or higher performing variants (like the LC200 and LX570 or ES350 and Camry for example). Although its a cost effective way to produce good luxury cars, the individuality just isn't there especially if you know the engine in your Lexus is the exact same one as the one in your subordinate's Toyota with just a different cam cover unlike Nissan's Infiniti or Honda's Acura which actually have much more in store instead of just rebadging. When Lexus first appeared in 1989, they had the image of offering cars with levels of luxury at par with the Europeans at a fraction of the price. But now their prices have gone up significantly and Hyundai is starting to beat them at their own game with such excellent cars as the Equus and Genesis sedans and the Genesis Coupe.

This is my opinion. Hope it helps and good luck with your thesis!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Lexus IS is a good alternative to the 3-series, the GS lacks the style and panache of rivals like the E-Class and 5-series, the ES is just... sad... the RX is decent in high trim but I don't know if the interior luxury matches the price, and the LS is still (as it has always been) sublime. The CT200h is what the Prius should have always been... a luxurious, economical, quiet hybrid alternative to the Germans. Haven't driven it yet, but am planning to.

A mixed bag. The problem is differentiating the brand enough from Toyota to attract brand snobs while still ensuring that people know that there's Toyota "reliability" behind the name. Also difficult will be trying to play up the luxury and "heritage" versus up-and-coming "affordable" luxury rivals like Volvo and the Genesis and Equus sedans of Hyundai, as Lexus still doesn't have the perceived "heritage" of some of the older luxury brands. Problematic also is the revived and updated Jaguar / Land Rover line-ups... as those are brands that are also competing for a share of the German pie and have a lot more perceived heritage than Lexus.

I think you'd have to play up to the strengths of Lexus directly instead of going for the "luxury" or "heritage" halo... technology, value, reliability, performance... etc.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karenroserobles View Post
    Hi! I just want to ask your opinion regarding these three luxury car brands. Which do you think is the best brand and why? And what's the first most important thing for you when buying a car? Thank you!
    Not even going to consider other brands like the following?

-Audi
    -Jaguar
    -Volvo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karenroserobles View Post
    What is your criteria as "being the best"? image? ride quality? performance? value for money? maintenance? long term durability?

Given we are choosing among luxury cars, practicality is not even considered. This is where your personal preferences lead you where you want to go, only limited by the few million pesos budget you have to buy one.

If you want the feel of luxury, you might want to go with the Merc or Jaguar.

If you want the feel of a performance sports sedan, then BMW or even AUDI would be your choice.

Safety and even value for money, you can look at Volvo.

As for Lexus, I still feel their cars have a long way to go before they can claim they are of similar caliber as a Merc, bmw, etc. A simple test drive in their line of "luxury" sedans would already give you the picture that their cars lack in either interior space, ride quality, performance, refinement or a combination of all four items.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 26th, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For Lexus, I still feel their cars have a long way to go before they can claim they are of similar caliber as a Merc, bmw, etc. A simple test drive in their line of "luxury" sedans would already give you the picture that their cars lack in either interior space, ride quality, performance, refinement or a combination of all four items.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    BMW.

I mean, if given a chance na kayo bibili ng car, ano mas pipiliin nyo dun sa 3. or ano ung top 3 choices mo sa luxury cars including other luxury cars like audi, volvo? Do you know ba why people usually buy BMW or Mercedes or Audi over Lexus?

Thanks so much!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi. Thanks for this answer! The best siguro in such a way na you feel more satisfied after you bought it. Over-all customer satisfaction. So you don't consider Lexus as a luxury brand na same level with others?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast