New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay18 View Post
    Sir do you have the 2010 SF? 17km/L is quite high. I'm only averaging 8km/L of pure city driving and 13-14km/L on a highway drive. Is my unit defective?
    No, not defective. Yung sa'kin naman 10.5km/L to 11.8km/L sa city driving.

I reached 19.9km/L sa highway driving noon.

*mox646: Uphill power? Santa Fe na kahit 2WD lang. Sobrang taas ng torque eh. Take note 40* ang driveway ng garage namin pero effortless ang SF (same with the Tucson)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    put your money on the santa fe i just had the chance to ride with my neighbor's ms gtv. the ms proved significant pull increase but imo the sf is a notch higher or two. mas masarap ang hatak ng santa fe ko.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay18 View Post
    Sir do you have the 2010 SF? 17km/L is quite high. I'm only averaging 8km/L of pure city driving and 13-14km/L on a highway drive. Is my unit defective?
    Like what Sir SG said earlier, walang problema ang SF mo, may mga variables kasi na hindi magka pareho ang FC kahit pareho ang sasakyan. Driving style, tire pressure, engine oil etc, etc. 2007 po ang sa akin but for the 2010 karamihang feedback nakita ko sa http://santafeclubph.com very conservative na yong 17km/li. Of course kung purely city sya na stop and go ang traffic baba yan. At kahit siguro ang bagong MS na vgt, baba din yan from the expected 10km/li baka maging 6 to 7 kung stop and go. 5speed lang ata ang MS VGT while the current SF's 6speed is already proven as an "economizer" in open highway. the more gears you have in open highway, the lower your RPM at faster speeds (more distance covered with the same amount of fuel) the more fuel efficient the SF is.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    No, not defective. Yung sa'kin naman 10.5km/L to 11.8km/L sa city driving.

I reached 19.9km/L sa highway driving noon.

*mox646: Uphill power? Santa Fe na kahit 2WD lang. Sobrang taas ng torque eh. Take note 40* ang driveway ng garage namin pero effortless ang SF (same with the Tucson)
    WOW! 19.9km/L? cguro sobrang tipid mode driving yun sir SG. Yung 13-14km/L ko kasi hataw mode yun. 130 to 180kph.

Tama ka sir SG lakas ng SF natin kahit uphill. natry ko power niya just last sunday drive, madaming uphill climbs dito saamin tas sa likod ko strada(new model since no plates) inovertake ako uphill since relaxed driving ako nun. ayun medyo nagalit right foot ko vrooom babay strada, sarap ng feeling na naka overtake sa uphill climb. sa SF

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    Like what Sir SG said earlier, walang problema ang SF mo, may mga variables kasi na hindi magka pareho ang FC kahit pareho ang sasakyan. Driving style, tire pressure, engine oil etc, etc. 2007 po ang sa akin but for the 2010 karamihang feedback nakita ko sa http://santafeclubph.com very conservative na yong 17km/li. Of course kung purely city sya na stop and go ang traffic baba yan. At kahit siguro ang bagong MS na vgt, baba din yan from the expected 10km/li baka maging 6 to 7 kung stop and go. 5speed lang ata ang MS VGT while the current SF's 6speed is already proven as an "economizer" in open highway. the more gears you have in open highway, the lower your RPM at faster speeds (more distance covered with the same amount of fuel) the more fuel efficient the SF is.
    Yes sir pero gulat lang ako since ang layo ng 17km/L sa 8 km/L ko. Stop and go talaga dito saamin sir, maybe yun ang culprit. Pansin ko sir may mga sweetspot yung speed ng SF natin like 80kph 6th gear na tapos ~1000 RPM lang, tipid nun!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Eco mode yung 19.9km/L. Kung hataw nasa 13.5km/L lang. 140kmh to 195kmh.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The SF could surely double that range. 17km/liter is average in City to city driving. In the longer term with the rising fuel each month, the SF could easily recoup the 100K you are talking about.
    With 100,000 pesos I could also get a killer entertainment system for the Monty full Setup with Headrest Monitors, Reverse Camera, and a Sub, or I could get a set of 20" Rims, or I could even buy Apple Ipads (16GB-wifi) for each of my Passengers in the Monty. With the Santa fe you get None!!!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    With 100,000 pesos I could also get a killer entertainment system for the Monty full Setup with Headrest Monitors, Reverse Camera, and a Sub, or I could get a set of 20" Rims, or I could even buy Apple Ipads (16GB-wifi) for each of my Passengers in the Monty. With the Santa fe you get None!!!
    for a 100K less of course you get instant gratification for these bells and whistles you are mentiong but I can postpone it in the most comfortable time of my budget. but with the 100K more for the SF I think as a "whole" I think I'm settling for more value -A european (read GLOBAL) car dressed in Asian clothes at a reasonable price. A 100K is nothing when I know I'm inside a car that is proven to be safe. What about the MS? Tell me is it a safe car with its high center of gravity? What are its safety certifications? care to provide one here?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have resisted posting here kasi marami naman uli maasar pero I think kinakati na ako hehehe

Santa Fe = FIRST WORLD CUV passing all MAJOR GLOBAL SAFETY TESTS! Yes including the United States National Highway and Traffic Safety Admin. (popularly known as NHTSA) which is the toughest to pass in the world.

Montero Sport = Not sold in MAJOR FIRST WORLD MARKETS like the US/Canada and Western Europe (UK, France, Germany). Untested in NHTSA and EuroNCAP. Ok sige fine the Strada was tested in the EuroNCAP (not that it passed with flying colors to begin with) pero a Montero Sport is a Montero Sport and a Strada is a Strada so lets test them separately...

O ayan sige kayo na uli mag debate, I gave my 2 cents worth that will surely annoy some people but I am out of here!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    for a 100K less of course you get instant gratification for these bells and whistles you are mentiong but I can postpone it in the most comfortable time of my budget. but with the 100K more for the SF I think as a "whole" I think I'm settling for more value -A european (read GLOBAL) car dressed in Asian clothes at a reasonable price. A 100K is nothing when I know I'm inside a car that is proven to be safe. What about the MS? Tell me is it a safe car with its high center of gravity? What are its safety certifications? care to provide one here?
    The Santa fe they sell here is the barebones version (less Safety Equipment), compared to the ones they sell in America or Europe.

The Santa fe gets good safety ratings abroad because of the Safety Equipment...

The Santa fe sold here doesn't have Traction Control, Head-curtain Airbags, Electronic Stability Control to prevent ROLLOVERS...
    It only has Dual Airbags at EBD/ABS like the Monty...

godwhacker PLEASE Check the brochures first before arguing

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe eVGT or Montero Sport GTV