New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    the bottom line is, as per the TS requirements, it is SF all the way except for the off road capabilities??? yung looks kasi subjective yan e. sabi nga nila "beauty in the eye of the beholder".

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    May iniintay akong umatake dito...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If you save = Php 100,000.00

Fuel Cost (Diesel) = Php44.00/ Liter

So you can buy 2273 Liters of Diesel Fuel and travel 22,730 Km in your new Monty considering an average 10km/L Fuel consumption, even before reaching the price of the Santa fe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    wait a minute! VGT then eVGT yung chronological order right?
    tapos hyundai released R-eVGT noon pa while mitsu recently lang released their eVGT, tama ba ako?

hmm... my buddy told me na parang tie-up yata ng mitsu and hyundai yung makina ng MS ngayon. tama ba? ang sa akin lang kasi eh i was wondering why hindi R series yung inabot ng hyundai to mitsu kung tie-up nga siya.

going back to the topic, most of the time na dadaanan ng TS ayon sa posts niya eh mukang normal roads lang naman. it's better not to go with ladder frames kung ganun din lang. that's to give way to a more comfortable ride. kung mas maluwag naman legroom ng SF sa 3rd row compare sa MS, i believe ganun din idadagdag niya sa space for cargos. ride height wouldn't be of any matter too so far. with all those concerns answered, the over rated SF gets my vote.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    wait a minute! VGT then eVGT yung chronological order right?
    Yes Sir! very right po kayo.

tapos hyundai released R-eVGT noon pa while mitsu recently lang released their eVGT, tama ba ako?
    Partly tama din po kayo Sir. 2007-2009 models po ay VGT (may signal po galing sa ECU but more on mechanical ang control ng vane variance. alam ko po ito sir dahil may service manual po ako ng Santa FE.

Then dumating ang eVGT (e stands for electronically controlled or palagay na natin sir na e=enhanced) sa 2010 model tulad kina Sir SG. Ang eVGT model po is a big jump in power boost even with the same 2.2 liter displacement from the 07-09 models. The D4EB engine of the pre face lifted model can output 153hp per the service manual. The "R" engine (R-eVGT) which was developed in Germany ... http://www.santafeclubph.com/forums/...hp?topic=776.0
    with the same displacement can churn out 197hp or a gain of about 44hp. Malaki ang role dito Sir ng "e" sa VGT design. Now equate that with the VGT (walang e) sa MS. I doubt if with the current design kakayanin ang 44hp from the top hp output of the pre VGT models.

hmm... my buddy told me na parang tie-up yata ng mitsu and hyundai yung makina ng MS ngayon. tama ba?
    Wala na pong tie up ang Mitsu at Hyundai ngayon Sir sa pagkakaalam ko. Kanya kanya na po sila at ang mga ka tie up ngayon ng Hyundai sa kanilang diesel ay mga European engineers.

ang sa akin lang kasi eh i was wondering why hindi R series yung inabot ng hyundai to mitsu kung tie-up nga siya.
    Bagong bago ang R engine ng Hyundai sir, at di nila pueding pamimigay on a silver platter sa iba.

going back to the topic, most of the time na dadaanan ng TS ayon sa posts niya eh mukang normal roads lang naman. it's better not to go with ladder frames kung ganun din lang. that's to give way to a more comfortable ride. kung mas maluwag naman legroom ng SF sa 3rd row compare sa MS, i believe ganun din idadagdag niya sa space for cargos. ride height wouldn't be of any matter too so far. with all those concerns answered, the over rated SF gets my vote.
    So thank you sir na isa ka rin pala sa mga na enlightened. May isa pang missing attribute ang Santa Fe sir na hindi kilala ng mga tao sa atin dahil every time they hear about cars are Japanese. Karamihan po di alam na one of the safest cars na na test po sa Tate ay of course, the Santa Fe. Sa atin kasi last ang safety, itsura ang una.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    If you save = Php 100,000.00

Fuel Cost (Diesel) = Php44.00/ Liter

So you can buy 2273 Liters of Diesel Fuel and travel 22,730 Km in your new Monty considering an average 10km/L Fuel consumption, even before reaching the price of the Santa fe.

The SF could surely double that range. 17km/liter is average in City to city driving. In the longer term with the rising fuel each month, the SF could easily recoup the 100K you are talking about.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by poknet View Post
    the bottom line is, as per the TS requirements, it is SF all the way except for the off road capabilities??? yung looks kasi subjective yan e. sabi nga nila "beauty in the eye of the beholder".
    Well, agree din po ako Sir sa sinabi mo. if the TS uses the car 90% of his driving activities off road, I'd definitely take the MS. Aanuhin ko ang extra differential sa front? kung most of the time city driving lang. Kabigat bigat nyan at dinadala mo palagi. Additional weight is of course additional power requirement and additional fuel consumption. Of course maraming additional, parts and the cost of service.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi all thanks again sa mga reply nyo.
    may question po ulet ako, sorry first time to buy kasi big car, meron kmi 3 puro car lang.

1. how do you define off road po ba? as in literal na lupa at putikan?! house to my work lang naman po which is normal road lang, yung normal road dito sa cavite may konteng lubak at uneven surface.

2. sino mas may power sa "paahon" (sorry for my term kung mali) kasi umuuwi din kmi sa Tagaytay and Alfonso, which is madami paahon na road pero normal road pa din, cemented and asphalt. once or twice a year lang to.

3. 5'9 po height ko. sino mas mataas head room lalo sa driver side at 2nd row.

malapad nga Santa Fe compare sa Monty, may nakita kasi ako sa parking sa SM, magkatabi kaya sinipat kong mabuti, napagalitan pko ng guard bat ko daw sinisilip hehe

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *mox646 - i'm also from cavite, more than enough ang santa fe sa road condition natin. lalo na kung 4x4 kukunin mo, puwede sa mga unpaved roads at muddy trail. pagdating sa akyatan no effort kahit matatarik, lagi akong napunta ng tagaytay, parang patag lang kahit pa ahon at steep incline. pinaka comfortable na sasakyan na na drive ko ang santa fe, i'm 5'10 at on the heavy side pa.

mag drop by ka sa dealer ng hyundai at mitsubishi dyan sa dasmarinas para makilatis mo ng mabuti both cars

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    The SF could surely double that range. 17km/liter is average in City to city driving. In the longer term with the rising fuel each month, the SF could easily recoup the 100K you are talking about.
    Sir do you have the 2010 SF? 17km/L is quite high. I'm only averaging 8km/L of pure city driving and 13-14km/L on a highway drive. Is my unit defective?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe eVGT or Montero Sport GTV