New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the spaciousness and sitting config of the Hi-Ace, but not the engine and its flat front, although this will be driven by the driver 90% of the time.

I like the features (esp. the HVX model from Pitstop), engine, and front engine design of the Starex.

Which of the two have a more comfortable ride?

Is the 2.5li diesel engine of the Hi-Ace powerful enough to haul at full capacity plus luggages?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    my vote goes for the hi ace test driven both starex and hi ace a month ago was planning to get it but i needed a new car for everyday commute to work the hi ace supergrandia is too big... so went with the fortuner for now

for your purpose you cant go wrong with it.

if i get lucky next year planning to get this as well for my family.

kung ikaw mag mamaneho para kang may dalang minibus all the time heheh

the starex will offer a more comfortable ride if ypu plan to get the gl variant of the hi ace but if you are going all out, the super grandia wins by a mile...suspension wise toyota is a tad stiffer but at least it doesnt bottom out on pot holes and rough roads
    Last edited by Sheep; December 25th, 2009 at 08:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I like the spaciousness and sitting config of the Hi-Ace, but not the engine and its flat front, although this will be driven by the driver 90% of the time.

I like the features (esp. the HVX model from Pitstop), engine, and front engine design of the Starex.

Is the 2.5li diesel engine of the Hi-Ace powerful enough to haul at full capacity plus luggages?
    the 2.5 liter D4d is the same one on the IMV platform. 102 hp power rating. might be adequate, but just barely, if the hi-ace is fully loaded.

here's a link to the old comparo thread between the two

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46210

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

have driven both of this vehicle and i can say na hindi underpower ung hi ace kahit a/t and 102hp lang. matulin lang talaga yung GS. kaya nya mag 180kph ung hi ace nasa 140kph lang.

if with driver 90% sa Super Grandia ako kahit i sell starex

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mas ok ang Grand Starex..Classy tignan at value for money talaga!

Malaki lang ang loob ng Hiace Super Grandia pero di rin okay ang seats nya at medyo di bagay ang engine-transmission combination nitong van na to..Still marami paring bumibili kasi Toyota nga sya.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *medyo* mabigat na yung innova pag full load (7 people with cargo). I guess mas mararamdaman yun sa super grandia.

which of them has captain's chairs? yun nalang yun!

kung mas malaki pa budget, previa!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We have both the Super Grandia and the Grand Starex in our family, the Super Grandia is being used by my brother and his family and they are very happy with it. (its driver driven 99% of the time) While I opted for the Grand Starex CVX and I am very satisfied with it and love its car like performance (its driven by me 95% of the time). Having driven both vans, my vote goes to the Grand Starex for a number of reasons:

1. I feel very unsafe driving a flat-nosed van, with the Starex I feel safer knowing that the engine is in front of me rather than under my seat, at least there is the extra "crush space" in the event of a collision.

2. Driving the Grandia is akin to driving an Isuzu Elf while driving a Starex is like driving car or a mid sized SUV.

3. 102hp for the Grandia and 174hp for the Grand Starex, I guess its pretty obvious who's got a lot more muscle.

But if ever you decide to go for the Grand Starex, I suggest you go with the HVX instead of the HARI issued Gold series. The Gray Market simply offers more value for the money with the added features. I was also in a dilemma about a year ago when I was about to buy a Grand Starex, after looking at both the offerings from HARI and the Gray Market alike, I ended up with the CVX model from Pitstop Motors, no regrets at all.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We already had a previous gen Previa, and naliliitan na kami sa Previa. I need a bigger van for our family.

The Super Grandia have 2nd row captain's seat, and have I think have higher seat compared to that of the Starex, so I think the Hi-Ace would offer better seating comfort. I just don't know about the riding comfort since the Hi-Ace uses leaf springs at the rear.

Question to those with van whose engine is mounted under the seats, does doing PMS leave the inside of the van with the smell of engine oil?
    Last edited by boybi; December 26th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Okay naman ang ride quality ng Hiace Super Grandia..Di ko talaga trip yung leather seats nito pero may mas cheaper na Super Grandia variant yung fabric ang seats nya.100K Pesos ang price difference at so far maraming bumibili nito..

Maganda lang sa Grand Starex eh may mumurahing TCI variant sya. I'm convincing my kapitbahay na bumili narin nyan para palitan na nya yung luma nyang Lite Ace at Pregio(hiniram nya once yung GS TCI namin).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    HAHA! gUYS. Tanggapin na natin na kapag diesel Engines, mas maganda na ang koreans. Ang mga Hyundai/Kia/ adopted the BOSCH CRDI Technology ng Germany na unang nagdevelop ng CRDI kia mas maganda EUROPEAN Engineered eh. And Toyota/Mitsubishi DENSO CRDI Technology ng Japan.

Eto ang difference:

BOSCH DENSO
    HYUNDAI Grand Starex CRDI 170ps VS. Toyota Super Grandia D4D 102ps
    ang layo ng diperensya

Hyundai Sta.Fe 2.2 Engine lang pero kayang pumalo ng 200kph. Ang 3.0 na Toyota Fortuner hrap sa 180kph plng.

so kitang kita ang diperensya db? kaya Tanggapin ang katotohanan. haha

Trust me folks. I've tried it. s SCTEX at STAR TOLLWAY

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Hyundai Grand Starex vs. Toyota Super Grandia