New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't know what is in the engine of SG, Grandia GL & Commuter coz I have never ever seen one that belched black smoke regardless if it's private or UV/GT Express, old or brand new. I don't know if I've seen one but forgot, but even if I try to recall, I wouldn't remember any. This is the only vehicle, next are those high end ones, that I keep on observing every single time to at least belch black smoke either fully loaded, uphill, coming from a stop, no passengers, but I always fail to see considering how many of these vans ply on our roads or in my case where I have been or where I have driven and my usual routes.

I have already seen a Lexus LX570, color black with no plates belching out thick black smoke, a BMW X1, the same, a Ford Ranger 3.2L with no plates, the same, LC200, the same. With the other vans, its closest competitor, the GS, I have seen quite a few CVX, Gold, HVX, TCI, belching black smoke. Even the previous gen Sta. Fe. The other vans in the price range of the SG/GL/Commuter price range as well. With the same brand, the Fortuner and Innova, I have seen too.

Then in our places, before there were lots of GS here, now, I am slowly noticing that those GS owners replaced their GS with SG or Grandia GL. One homeowner here owns LC200, latest Pajero, Tucson, latest Ranger, Patrol then a GS Gold & SG. Now I don't see his GS anymore but he has a new SG but the one with a high roof. That's just one of the many homeowners here that I have noticed replacing their GS with SG.

I don't know what is in this van but I really, really find it mysterious. Knowing that it only has 102 hp engine, and owners who have owned a GS before, I wonder what made them transfer. Ayoko naman interviewhin isa isa sila kasi hindi ko naman ka close.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    My wife and I are interested in buying a grand Starex. Can anyone tell me what the pros and cons are of buying it from Hancars or Pitstop as to buying the GS from Hyundai? Thanks in advance!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kuplet View Post
    My wife and I are interested in buying a grand Starex. Can anyone tell me what the pros and cons are of buying it from Hancars or Pitstop as to buying the GS from Hyundai? Thanks in advance!
    The units from Hancars and Pitstop offer much better value for the money compared to the ones offered by HARI (Hyundai). Not to mention that the after sales service of HARI sucks anyway rendering the 5 year warranty useless. We have 3 GS between our family and not one has been purchased from HARI, ours is a 2009, 2010 and 2013 models. The first one was purchased at Pitstop, the second one was thru a private importer who regularly displays his units at Ortigas area and the latest one was bought from Caroptions in QC.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    * ronW123W124: KDM Starexes are much equipped than local ones but I lived in Cebu City,here, there are no dealers like PITSTOP and CAROPTIONS selling KDM Starex. How much are those today? the CVX Luxury and Premium, the HVX, I believe is a bit more than 2M pesos! How to distinguish bet. CVX Lux., Premuim, in term if bells and whistles sir? hindi ba malayo ang pricing bet. Luxury and Premium?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    You may want to consider an Expert Tepee from Peugeot. Saw in on display last time on the Auto Focus Car show at MOA.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    You may want to consider an Expert Tepee from Peugeot. Saw in on display last time on the Auto Focus Car show at MOA.
    OT but the Expert Tepee is really an awful name and for that reason alone I'm pretty sure it won't sell...

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    The units from Hancars and Pitstop offer much better value for the money compared to the ones offered by HARI (Hyundai). Not to mention that the after sales service of HARI sucks anyway rendering the 5 year warranty useless. We have 3 GS between our family and not one has been purchased from HARI, ours is a 2009, 2010 and 2013 models. The first one was purchased at Pitstop, the second one was thru a private importer who regularly displays his units at Ortigas area and the latest one was bought from Caroptions in QC.
    I'm considering buying my GS from the gray market, paano pala yung PM ng GS from them para covered pa din ng warranty? While reading this thread, I read something about every 3 months of PM if you buy one from HARI.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    I'm considering buying my GS from the gray market, paano pala yung PM ng GS from them para covered pa din ng warranty? While reading this thread, I read something about every 3 months of PM if you buy one from HARI.
    Gray market dealers have their own PMS schedules. Please inquire with the dealer you're getting your unit from.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    ilang years ang warranty na binibigay ng importer/hancars/pitstop?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiebauer View Post
    Hyundai CRDi vs. Toyota D4D. syempre Toyota na!
    Alin po ba ang mas efficient sa dalawa?

Hyundai Grand Starex vs. Toyota Super Grandia