New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    peace tayo lahat mga bro, wala ako masama intention sa post ko, its just to inform everyone po about the engine technology...

well back to the topic, kung eto ang pag uusapan naten mejo di tayo matatapos, meron kasi pros and cons yan dalawang unit na yan, meron ideal feature yung isa na wala sa isa and vice versa...

try naten isa-isahin guys... now who wants to start?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Checked out the Starex 2 days ago, I was turned off by the 3rd row seats being not reclinable. Kawawa uupo dun during long trips.

The middle seat in the 2nd row is very uncomfortable too. It doesn't recline either.

Also checked out the Super Grandia, the rear 2 rows are too narrow for adults.

Wala tuloy ako mapili sa 2.
    If you don't mind the fuel consumption then go for the Ford E150

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How about which one can tolerate our dirty fuel supply? eh? thats practical

Quote Originally Posted by whitebug45 View Post
    peace tayo lahat mga bro, wala ako masama intention sa post ko, its just to inform everyone po about the engine technology...

well back to the topic, kung eto ang pag uusapan naten mejo di tayo matatapos, meron kasi pros and cons yan dalawang unit na yan, meron ideal feature yung isa na wala sa isa and vice versa...

try naten isa-isahin guys... now who wants to start?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kjcc0012, don't post in SMS style!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Here's a couple of non-technical points

1)The Grand Starex, kung galing sa HARI, comes with 5 years warranty standard... this can either be a good thing, kung matino talaga yung dealership, or a not-so-good thing kung stealership yung napuntahan.

2)As it stands mas mataas pa rin yung resale value ng mga toyota over hyundais.

then a couple of concerns

1) May nabasa akong thread dito na yung Grand Starex nagdevelop na ng squeaks (bumigay na yung mga bushing) after just around 2000 km of driving in rough visayan roads (nakalimutan ko kung sa Leyte/Samar ba to o sa Panay.)

2) Are there still 2.5 liter D-4D's dying on the road? Hindi naman nangyari sa innova namin to, pero malaking concern yan dati dun sa unang generation ng innovas, fortuners, at hilux.

eto last OT na talaga.

*whitebug45: no harm meant, no harm done. so kelan ba lalabas yung diesel tucson dito? how about yung i20?

Quote Originally Posted by kjcc0012 View Post
    sir scharnhorst.

ndi rin po cguro tinatamad yung mga denso users.
    ksi yung 3.0 na fortuner, 163ps lang. yung montero sport na 3.2, 160ps lang.
    compared nmn po sa 2.5 ng GS Crdi 170 ps. yung navara 2.5, 174.

tska ndi nmn po cgro ktmadan yung gnwa ng toyota sa innova/hiace/fortuner 2.5 eh 102ps lng? sa laki po ng mga katawan nun.dpt my gwin cla. toyta p nmn din cla

yung navara po bosch po dw sbi skn ng kakilala ko na tga columbian/universal motors mechanic.
    Hmmm. to put the matter to rest... I searched for the injector pressures for the bosch and denso systems.

The third generation BOSCH system generates 1800 bar of pressure. this is equivalent to 180 megapascals

The third generation DENSO system can generate 180 megapascals... and up to 200 megapascals of pressure.

So. More or less, equal diba? Both systems are probably Piezo-type, hindi na solenoids.

Therein lies my point that the power output differences lies not in the "superiority" of bosch over denso, but rather the engine tuning of the individual manufacturers

by your logic, then every engine made by Honda after the B15a (in the Civic SiR-1600 cc, 160 hp) should make at least 1 hp per 10 cc of displacement. Edi dapat 200 hp yung 2.0 civic ngayon. Dapat 180 hp yung 1.8 civic. Dapat 230 hp yung CR-V. pero hindi diba?

It's because of how manufacturers tune and set up the engines.
    manufacturers tune or detune their engines based on the need to create a compromise between power, torque, fuel economy, manufacturing complexity, and manufacturing cost.

There are alot of other factors to include in engine output. Fuel-air mixture, compression ratio, turbocharger pressure, and air intake temperature just to name a few.

As I said earlier. kung lagyan mo ng unichip yung innova, tapos salpakan mo ng garrett na turbo at intercooler, sobrang lalakas talaga yung makina nyan. Yun nga lang kelangan mo ng datung para gawin yon

As it stands, the koreans have chosen to go to the cutting edge when it comes to setting up their engines, in contrast to the "conservatives".

ayt! peace mga ser!

Happy New Year!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir scharnhorst ky sir saberRider po pla dpt yung post na yun. pasensya na po. opo. Peace po tayong lahat. maganda nga po ang nangyayari dito ksi s nagitong mga forum kht papano my posibilidad n mayanig natin yung mga carmakers na magaupgrade. tulad yung sa toyota. dpat my gwin sila. 102ps lang nilagay nila s fortuner 2.5? maski sa malaking SG?. ok nmn ang makina kso sana i upgrade nila. db? laki2 ng katawan eh.Milya2 nmn din tlga ksi ang difference. eh ang mahal kaya ng presyo nila. eh ang hyundai/kia nbbgay nila yung gnung kalakas na engine eh kaparehas nmn halos ng presyo ng toyota SG.

peace po tayo mga sir.

Happy New year and GOD bless!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kjcc0012 View Post
    sir scharnhorst ky sir saberRider po pla dpt yung post na yun. pasensya na po. opo. Peace po tayong lahat. maganda nga po ang nangyayari dito ksi s nagitong mga forum kht papano my posibilidad n mayanig natin yung mga carmakers na magaupgrade. tulad yung sa toyota. dpat my gwin sila. 102ps lang nilagay nila s fortuner 2.5? maski sa malaking SG?. ok nmn ang makina kso sana i upgrade nila. db? laki2 ng katawan eh.Milya2 nmn din tlga ksi ang difference. eh ang mahal kaya ng presyo nila. eh ang hyundai/kia nbbgay nila yung gnung kalakas na engine eh kaparehas nmn halos ng presyo ng toyota SG.

peace po tayo mga sir.

Happy New year and GOD bless!
    You had been warned numerous times already about your format!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    If you don't mind the fuel consumption then go for the Ford E150
    The new Ford E150 available locally can only seat 7. And the 3rd row seats doesn't recline either, it even doesn't have head rests. And it only has one sliding door.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    its nice to hear that if you put unichip or intercooler turbo or turbocharger would increase the power but the fact is they are not putting onto it... we should have to compare whats on its unit... if we going to considered as putting what your thinking then it would be modified and its cost too much don't you think? lets talk what's on the list... not on modifying... hope you understand guys... any manufacturer can do that. thats why they were having a racing contest but their car was modified!hope you'll understand guys...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    The new Ford E150 available locally can only seat 7. And the 3rd row seats doesn't recline either, it even doesn't have head rests. And it only has one sliding door.

True. On our 2002 e150, the 3rd and 4th row doesn't recline too and it doesn't have a headrest!!!

But i saw some 2002 with reclineable seats and headrests . . . .

Hyundai Grand Starex vs. Toyota Super Grandia