New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    sa engine naman AFAIK mas lamang parin ang CRDi ng starex due to their BOSCH system compared to D4D ng Toyota na Denso... sa totoo lang BOSCH is one of the major developer in CRDi technology compared sa Denso that is why no wonder some D4D engines have failed in the field and up to now they don't know why... CRDi and D4D are basically the same in principle its just they have different systems used
    CRDi, D4D, TDCi, DID... everything's Common Rail Direct Injection nowadays, carmakers just have different names for it.

AFAIK, both engines have variable geometry turbochargers, but the innova doesn't have an intercooler.

The engines are also tuned differently (fuel injection, turbocharger pressure, etc. etc.), with the manufacturer going either for economy or power.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    *lui
    please post naman details of the starx promo

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I'd pick the Starex which has the engine in front of the car, it's safer and easier to maintain. Interiors of vans with engines under their seats tend to get dirty since mechanics have to work inside the vehicle.
    surely this is one thing worth considering...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Having driven my brother's Grandia GL yesterday and being the owner of a Grand Starex CVX, I'd have to say that the Grand Starex is miles better than the Grandia. The Grandia feels kinda clumsy on the road whereas the Starex is very smooth, the manual shifter is hard to engage and lastly, driving a Grandia is like driving an Isuzu Elf, in contrast, driving a Grand Starex is just like driving a big sedan.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; May 12th, 2009 at 02:16 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I agree, if you haven't got one yet....go get the hyundai starex....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Having owned generations(till current model) of both the Starex and the Hiace I'd give the nod to the the Starex VGT hands down! It has a better engine, better handling, better looking LEATHER interior and seat design. The Hiace still feels the same as it did before, like driving a refrigerator. That's why me and my family have different names for our Hiace... one is Kelvinator and the other one is Sanyo and the last is plain ol Frigider. Haha.

Sa Starex naman since it resembles the curves of a whale we called them Free Willy, Moby Dick and Orca.

The only gripe I had with the Starex is that during hot temps outside hirap yung cooling effects ng A/C.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    sa case ko ramdam sir TCi GS has 101ps ung CRDi 174. ramdam ko tlaga sir pagkaka iba. parang ka match kasi ng TCI GS ung Grandia

Ito nga ang tanong ko sa isang thread na inasmuch as the grx starex 2004 non-crdi has 100 ps and the Grandia or Innova has only 102 ps they should be similar in acceleration and top speed.

Or the crdi would really make a difference though they have same ps output.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Having owned generations(till current model) of both the Starex and the Hiace I'd give the nod to the the Starex VGT hands down! It has a better engine, better handling, better looking LEATHER interior and seat design. The Hiace still feels the same as it did before, like driving a refrigerator. That's why me and my family have different names for our Hiace... one is Kelvinator and the other one is Sanyo and the last is plain ol Frigider. Haha.

Sa Starex naman since it resembles the curves of a whale we called them Free Willy, Moby Dick and Orca.

The only gripe I had with the Starex is that during hot temps outside hirap yung cooling effects ng A/C.

yaman. penge isa. :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

No question, Grand Starex.

But wait, di ba't may thread lately na sumasabog ang crankcase nito on 2 different units (1 confirmed, 1 yet to be confirmed - dahil hinila)....Scary..... What could have been the cause (I am eyeing one kasi to replace my 2004 GRX>> bug-eye end of the year)......

7909:taunt:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If it was brought to Hyundai Pasig (ugong) yung apparently hinila, we can give them a call. look for Bong (service) or Dennis (exec). Bonifacio motors owns that branch. Owners are really nice humble people.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Hyundai Grand Starex vs. Toyota Super Grandia