New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Nice. If thats available here then i would get that. Info is in motortrend magazine.
    Looks like it's Japan only: Here Is The 2015 Subaru WRX They Named After An Audi

Give your surplus importer a nice fat tip to hunt for the parts

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    COBB, you can buy the accessport, then download the free maps online.

Though there is always the Unichip. I don't doubt Dastek will come out with a harness for the new WRX and STI, so you don't have to cut wires... and that will give you the flexibility for custom mapping.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    local subarus don't respond as well as usdm subarus on COBB tuning. ECUtek would be a much safer choice for our local subbies. get a ECUtek sport tune so you'll have launch control, auto rev matching and flat foot shifting.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Can my existing current gen forester XT get that Ecutek tune and bring it up to 300hp? Would save a hell of a lot of moolah.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Can my existing current gen forester XT get that Ecutek tune and bring it up to 300hp? Would save a hell of a lot of moolah.

I'd worry about the CVT. The WRX CVT supposedly has hydraulic upgrades to cope with the extra power. I don't know what the limit is for the Forester CVT.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Damn...... Oh well.

I wish they would bring the wrx s4 here........

Or wait for the all new mustang next year hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Damn...... Oh well.

I wish they would bring the wrx s4 here........

Or wait for the all new mustang next year hehe

So we are on the same page EQAddict. My mom wants the 2015 Mustang for herself, while my dad is looking for a vintage Camaro for himself. Just a Sunday car for both of them. If I can find a vintage Camaro before I leave for the US, then I'll tell my dad about it.
    Last edited by numbah5; August 27th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'd worry about the CVT. The WRX CVT supposedly has hydraulic upgrades to cope with the extra power. I don't know what the limit is for the Forester CVT.

I agree, i doubt cvt's can handle that much power in the long run. In stock form cvt's don't last that long what more on a modified car. This is one of the reasons why i would never buy a cvt, still unreliable compared to other transmissions.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    I agree, i doubt cvt's can handle that much power in the long run. In stock form cvt's don't last that long what more on a modified car. This is one of the reasons why i would never buy a cvt, still unreliable compared to other transmissions.
    So that means for a high powered vehicle, the traditional automatic transmission, dual clutch transmission and stick shifts are the way to go?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    So that means for a high powered vehicle, the traditional automatic transmission, dual clutch transmission and stick shifts are the way to go?
    You make really, really big numbers, you want a robust traditional automatic. Which is why American muscle comes with some ultra-heavy duty auto trannies.

A dual clutch is usually good for hot lapping, but I've seen those things overheat and go into limp mode on track, too.

A manual with a good clutch can handle lots of power, definitely. Just don't mis-shift or flat-shift, and you probably won't be limping home with a busted synchro or stripped gears....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hypothetical: all new subaru wrx vs wrx sti vs 2015 mini cooper s vs current mustang