New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hello,

Mga sir, ano po ba mas ok? 2010 Honda CRV M/T (gas) or 2010 Chevrolet Captiva A/T (diesel) ? Ang hirap po mag decide dahil ang gusto ko ay M/T diesel. Wala naman pong crv m/t na diesel or captiva m/t na diesel diba? thank you po.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by van lover View Post
    Hello,

Mga sir, ano po ba mas ok? 2010 Honda CRV M/T (gas) or 2010 Chevrolet Captiva A/T (diesel) ? Ang hirap po mag decide dahil ang gusto ko ay M/T diesel. Wala naman pong crv m/t na diesel or captiva m/t na diesel diba? thank you po.
    Unfortunately, no. The market isn't very big for M/T diesel CUVs in our country.

The CRV is quite fuel efficient for a 2.0L, but is still nothing compared to the diesel Captiva, which gives better performance as well. The Captiva also has the advantage of having additional seats, albeit rather pint sized ones but nevertheless good to have when needed. But then I am still rather unconvinced about the merits of getting a Chevrolet, and a Korean-made one at that.

How much is your budget, by the way? Might I suggest you consider the Santa Fe as well. Matches or exceeds the Captiva on all counts, has wide parts supply and good resale value.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the reply sir. maybe hanggang 700 k or up. the santa fe looks longer, limited lang po ang space ng garahe namin
    I saw a 2010 honda crv m/t for 695 k and it looks nice, i'm just thinking of higher gas price than diesel price.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the reply sir. maybe hanggang 700 k or up. the santa fe looks longer, limited lang po ang space ng garahe namin
    I saw a 2010 honda crv m/t for 695 k and it looks nice, i'm just thinking of higher gas price than diesel price.
    Not really. The Santa Fe is only 25mm longer than the Captiva. I would really prefer this over the CRV. We have one in the family actually. 2008 Santa Fe 4x2 CRDi bought last year for 800k with 40tkms on the clock. Performance is similar to our 2.4L Accord (though much more brutal in the way of delivery), which is to say better than the 2.0L CRV. Suspension gives excellent handling and ride comfort too, with none of the boat-like floatiness.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Sige sir isusuggest ko yan sa dad ko. Hindi naman po kami nagmamadali bumili, hindi lang po makapag decide. Okay lang naman po ang A/T. My dad has a 2006 holden commodore, 3.6L gas A/T (he is in Australia). Mas gusto ko lang po ang M/T since i will be the one driving. I like the feeling of M/T maybe because of my age, I am only 17 but i have driver's license Nasanay na din po sa manual because of our Kia Besta. Sir may I ask if there is a M/T Santa Fe CRDi? Thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sige sir isusuggest ko yan sa dad ko. Hindi naman po kami nagmamadali bumili, hindi lang po makapag decide. Okay lang naman po ang A/T. My dad has a 2006 holden commodore, 3.6L gas A/T (he is in Australia). Mas gusto ko lang po ang M/T since i will be the one driving. I like the feeling of M/T maybe because of my age, I am only 17 but i have driver's license Nasanay na din po sa manual because of our Kia Besta. Sir may I ask if there is a M/T Santa Fe CRDi? Thanks in advance.
    I see. Kung kaya pa naman ng binti nakakatuwa magdrive ng manual. Much more engaging than bump car matics. I'd pick a manual for a daily driver myself. Unlike you I first learned driving a matic before driving a manual, since there were no manual cars in the family then.

There are M/T Santa Fe CRDi's, just not here in the Philippines. The matic Santa Fe has manual shift override though its not the same as a true manual, as you don't have full control of the transmission.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Sir may I ask if there is a M/T Santa Fe CRDi? Thanks in advance.
    Sir, there are a few manual Santa Fe and Tucson diesels here. My friend has a manual Tucson R-eVGT. They mostly come from grey market dealers like Pitstop and Hancars. But I doubt owners of those would be willing to sell them anytime soon. But hey, there's no harm in trying to search for one.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *GTi
    Maninibago po siguro ako pag magddrive na ko ng matic, haven't driven a matic before actually, kia sorento ang pinaka gusto ko na cuv kumpara sa crv, captiva, santa fe, etc since subok na namin ang kia and i like the way it looks.. but we already have a kia The latest Santa fe is also nice

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *TheMikProject
    Thanks sir. I'll try to look for one Grey market units come with more features right?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well if your budget permits... The 1st gen Sorento's nice, though not as refined as the Santa Fe, it is more durable courtesy of a ladder frame chassis. But take note that it is only available locally as a 5 seater.

Magkano ba talaga budget mo? Grey market units are nice, but they are usually more expensive than the local brand new units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast