New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Good morning mga Sirs. I hope you could help me decide which one would be the better option? Mostly, it will be used sa province lang, not much traffic I guess. I've been using Honda ever since (Civic -> Accord -> CR-V) so I'm quite skeptic if changing brands is worth it. I've also checked Altis, I do not like the new dashboard and Lancer EX, it seems it doesn't like being revved, or maybe that's just me and my limited knowledge. Hehe.

Please help!!!

Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Either one will be a good choice. It boils down to your preference. The Mazda3 is a newer design unlike the current Civic which is more than 2 years old already. The Civic FB offers better power in lower trim form (1.8L 140hp vs 1.5L 110hp). The Civic FB also comes in MT, in case you're not into AT cars. The Mazda3 (both 1.5L and 2.0L) comes loaded with features and has the award-winning SkyActiv engine plus Mazda's Yojin3 promo (free maintenance for 3 years) which is quite a good deal knowing newer Hondas are not cheap to maintain. In 2.0L form, the Mazda3 is a better option and voted as one of the World's best (only to be beaten out by the Audi A3).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    On second thought, if you enjoyed your previous Accord, you might as well go the distance and choose between the new Accord against the new Mazda6.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thank you Sir!!

nakuuu, ung Accord ko Sir 2nd-hand lang, di ko afford ung brand new .. kaya lang naman ako bibili ng brand new kase nasunog ung 2008 CR-V namin, again 2nd-hand, so medyo takot na ako although I understand it could just be an isolated case..

going back, the Yojin3 is really tempting, iniisip ko lang yung after warranty bilang I might keep the car longer than that.. how about the resale value Sir, any thoughts? napapaisip na naman tuloy ako sa Altis because of its resale value..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the prices of cars nowadays, I will not consider resale value as a factor. It will be best to get best value for your hard-earned money. If you intend to keep the car for a long time, choose what's best for you. Any car, if properly maintained, will last a long time and will surely serve its purpose. It may not be true all the time but thinking of selling a car past its warranty phase sometimes make people sloppy in maintaining it knowing they will get good money on resale even if less care was attended to it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jarjarbingie View Post
    thank you Sir!!

nakuuu, ung Accord ko Sir 2nd-hand lang, di ko afford ung brand new .. kaya lang naman ako bibili ng brand new kase nasunog ung 2008 CR-V namin, again 2nd-hand, so medyo takot na ako although I understand it could just be an isolated case..

going back, the Yojin3 is really tempting, iniisip ko lang yung after warranty bilang I might keep the car longer than that.. how about the resale value Sir, any thoughts? napapaisip na naman tuloy ako sa Altis because of its resale value..
    A bit OT, paano nasunog yung CRV nyo?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    habang papasok ng village, ayaw na lang kumagat nung gas, tapos after ilang seconds, namatay na lang basta ung makina, umaapoy na ung hood that time malapit sa may battery.. sabe ng adjuster, wiring problems daw, no specific reason given.. buti sinagot pa rin ng insurance..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Jarjar, can you elaborate what you said about Lancer EX that doesnt like being revved?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Province and to be used for a long time....its best to get a brand with support in your area after your warranty expires.

Maganda nga wala ka naman piyesang makuha..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The FB Civic has power as an advantage over the Mazda 3, but not much else. Ok maybe a bit more space, but not by much, and the Mz3 evens it out with a bigger trunk.

If you're looking for a plain-jane appliance to get you from point A to point B, get the Civic. If you want a bit more soul in your car, get the Mazda.

OT: For the past decade, Mazda has kept true to its driver-centric vehicle philosophy. On the other hand, Honda has lost all focus and is now just making vanilla cars for everyone (except perhaps the new Accord).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast