New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Given a chance to choose between the two cars, which one is the better buy?

Our family is planning to buy one compact car. It will serve as a second car to service a group of 5. Considerations include:

1. Space,
    2. Fuel Consumption,
    3. Features,
    4. Handling and The Ride Experience and
    5. Maintenance and After Sales

Both are almost of the same price. Initially, I felt that City was a better choice with its paddle shifters and 5-speed transmission. However, I liked how the vios has a flat floor, which gives more space for the passengers, and its fuel efficiency.

Thank you for your comments.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    1. Space, -a tie, vios has a bigger trunk

2. Fuel Consumption, -vios but not that much, its has a good low rev torque so its suitable for the metro's slow moving traffic. but the 5speed AT of the city makes me think twice.

3. Features, a tie but vios edges a bit

4. Handling and The Ride Experience - vios sacrifice performance for
    more comfort, and vice versa for the city

5. Maintenance and After Sales -toyota wins, but i doubt it nowadays

6. looks - vios gets my vote, never been a fan of the successor of the ipis clan, nasira talaga ng ipis ang pangalan ng city. imho

for a 5 seater sub-compact sedan,expect na masikip ang vios and city, if you can extend your budget a little more for an altis E 10th gen, try mu din sir

you can also add to your options other subcompacts such as mazda2, Swift, Jazz, Rio, Yaris, the upcoming ford fiesta, the outgoing Gets (that's what i heard), and Accent.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Practicality = Vios
    Pogi = City

That is how I sum it up pretty much...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    1. Space - city mas maluwag talaga interior space
    2. Fuel Consumption - vios - ganda talga ng vvt-i tech
    3. Features - city... san ka pa paddle shifter un nga lang bagal response pero paddle shifter pa din..usb capable na ang city pero pangit ng overall audio system ...
    4. Handling and The Ride Experience - vios .. mas smooth ang ride ganda ng hatak
    5. Maintenance and After Sales - maintenance vios .. after sales city

try mazda 2

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    actually, the city's floor makes it stronger. It's a structural feature and it costs more than a flat floor.

However, you might want to get a Civic instead. sobrang lapit na ng 1.5E doon e.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    1. Space, -a tie, vios has a bigger trunk

3. Features, a tie but vios edges a bit
    I'm sorry but I believe the City has a bigger trunk at 500+ Liters and the Vios only has about 400 Liters of space.

I'm curious, how does the Vios edge a bit in features? I had the impression that the City had more features

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjoe5 View Post
    I'm sorry but I believe the City has a bigger trunk at 500+ Liters and the Vios only has about 400 Liters of space.

I'm curious, how does the Vios edge a bit in features? I had the impression that the City had more features
    im bias, we have a vios are we clear?

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thank you for all the responses.

Just to keep things straight, by space I was referring to the passenger room. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

One more thing that I liked in the Vios model is the retracting side mirror. Can you install one on City?

Honda City 1.5 E AT or Toyota Vios 1.5 G AT